The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Sony patent would combat piracy by comparing load times

URL]

A patent describing a "method for validating legitimate media products" attributed to Sony Computer Entertainment America surfaced earlier this week. Originally filed in August 2011, the patent elaborates on a process by a which a piece of media could be detected as legitimate (not pirated) by comparing two load times against a benchmark for the media.

As seen in the flow chart above, the patent also describes a secondary validation stage in which a serial number and "user identification information" are checked against "reliable data, such as that sourced from the manufacturer or developer of the media title." Examples of the user information could include account names, location, IP addresses, the speed of the user's connection and product license numbers.

The secondary validation cycle would account for load time errors due to hardware issues, but would also be skipped entirely if the first cycle (the load time benchmark comparisons) checks out. Whether the "load time" method for combating piracy is used in future hardware efforts by Sony is unknown.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/23/sony-patent-would-combat-piracy-by-comparing-load-times/

Did they make a mod chip for PS3? Nobody I knows even bootlegs ps3 games.

I just wait and buy it cheaper

Last edited:
Finally was able to watch the PS Meeting in it's 2hr glory, pretty damn good. I still stick with my original thoughts, Killzone: SF looks unimpressive. Deep Down and Luminous Engine demo was BEAUTIFUL. Destiny looks boring, it's like Phantasy Star Online x Halo :x

If you've missed it,

Last edited:
Finally was able to watch the PS Meeting in it's 2hr glory, pretty damn good. I still stick with my original thoughts, Killzone: SF looks unimpressive. Deep Down and Luminous Engine demo was BEAUTIFUL. Destiny looks boring, it's like Phantasy Star Online x Halo
sick.gif

If you've missed it,

FINALLY!

Thank you sir.

Finally was able to watch the PS Meeting in it's 2hr glory, pretty damn good. I still stick with my original thoughts, Killzone: SF looks unimpressive. Deep Down and Luminous Engine demo was BEAUTIFUL. Destiny looks boring, it's like Phantasy Star Online x Halo
sick.gif

If you've missed it,
not to derail the thread but microsoft is doing their lil "pr" move in similiar style. Having a press conference in april. Based on the shots fired by ms. looks like we will see the system and full running games before the ps4.

not to derail the thread but microsoft is doing their lil "pr" move in similiar style. Having a press conference in april. Based on the shots fired by ms. looks like we will see the system and full running games before the ps4.

Can't wait to see what they have to offer.

Can't wait to see what they have to offer.
lol the ppl at ms. basically said...."so you make this huge grandious event to unveil your new system and dont show full scale running games, nor do you show the actual system....wow thats um different, and a new approach to unveiling a system."

Based on that comment i cant imagine them not showing a full running system, including the system itself, peripherals, games and maybe a price range. Would be kinda like shooting themselves in the foot. only thing which may or may not have any affect, on their debut, is apple will be doing their pr move for  new iphone etc....and it could maybe still some thunder

Hope microsoft prices the system super low so it forces Sony to put it out at a comparable price

Hope microsoft prices the system super low so it forces Sony to put it out at a comparable price
cant see them doing that...based on production cost alone... a similiar setup in terms of technology for a pc would be around $400. Seeing that microsoft isnt really using new innovating technology (rumored) they would be taking a hit to make the system a price point of a ms system. Think of what dreamcast did years ago. I think they might come close via making several versions....like a low end model and a deluxe model. I see ms system being around $100 cheaper.

If Uncharted 4 drops, catch up on 1, 2, and 3 with these movies :lol:

I've never played any of them :smh:

Back
Top Bottom