The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

looks like we will see the system and full running games before the ps4.
killzone, drive club, and infamous are full games, we saw killzone running, infamous is actual game footage (and cutscene) shot from a different camera angle for cinematics

just because the system is finished being designed doesnt mean actual games are running on it

Last edited:
mean.gif
he must not know
roll.gif
Your right i dont, and I dont really care either im worried about MY account not the next mans.

The Playstation meeting was good IMO. I expect Sony and game developers to throw all their cards on the table at E3.

Rumor: PS4 Games shown so far was developed on devkits with only 1.5GB of VRam

_phil_ from BY3D has posted that most of the devkits used to make the PlayStation Meeting demos like KillZone Shadow Fall & others only had 1.5GB of ram usable for Graphics.

Originally Posted by Averagejoe

I was wondering in which devkit this games was particularly demo,did we have any confirmation that 4GB devkit actually hit developers.?

Because i think this game could have been running on the 2.2GB of ram devkit.

Less than that.Most kits until pretty recently had only 1.5 GB usable for graphics

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1712366&postcount=111

PS4: Sony will let Microsoft make the first move

URL]

Sony CEO, Kaz Hirai

You may have noticed that there are lots of rumours flying about regarding next-gen consoles. No one knows definitely when Microsoft and Sony will unveil their successors to the current Xbox and PlayStation, but Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai has said that it will let Microsoft make the first move.

In the Business section of The Times today, Hirai said, "Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?"

With Nintendo already out the next-gen blocks with the Wii U, can Sony hold its bottle until Microsoft announces? Surely his comments are slightly disingenuous, since there would be relatively little scope for changing the specs of the PlayStation this late in its development cycle. It's more likely that the additional time would be use to adjust the messaging surrounding the announcement.

Last week was a speculation rich week for the PlayStation 4, with reports that Sony will retire the DualShock controller.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/21/ps4-sony-will-let-microsoft-make-first-move

PS4: Sony will let Microsoft make the first move

URL]

Sony CEO, Kaz Hirai

You may have noticed that there are lots of rumours flying about regarding next-gen consoles. No one knows definitely when Microsoft and Sony will unveil their successors to the current Xbox and PlayStation, but Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai has said that it will let Microsoft make the first move.

In the Business section of The Times today, Hirai said, "Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?"

With Nintendo already out the next-gen blocks with the Wii U, can Sony hold its bottle until Microsoft announces? Surely his comments are slightly disingenuous, since there would be relatively little scope for changing the specs of the PlayStation this late in its development cycle. It's more likely that the additional time would be use to adjust the messaging surrounding the announcement.

Last week was a speculation rich week for the PlayStation 4, with reports that Sony will retire the DualShock controller.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/21/ps4-sony-will-let-microsoft-make-first-move

:rofl:

Know damn well Sony is waiting to see what M$ is putting out to one up it... just like they did with jumping from 4GB to 8GB because they hear M$ was putting that much in to the NextBox.

Any company would do that actually so it's whatever... hell you'd be a fool not one up your competitor is you already knew their specs.

I'm kinda guess that Sony is trying to rush the PS4 to the market because I thought the PS4 was supposed to drop 2014 sometime, but they probably don't want to give M$ a big lead like they did this generation. With so little to show at this "unveiling" I'm guessing they're trying to rush the product to the shelves to stay in the time frame that the NextBox comes out I just hope it doesn't bite them in the but and they release an unfinished product with all kinds of problems.

The PS2 was a hell of a system and I hope they return to those days with the PS4.

I just want backwards compatibility with PS2 games so I can play San Andreas and other games I have but don't want to shell out the money for a PS2. I mean it only makes sense that they would show the 2 love like that since everyone had one.

That quote by Kaz is like a month old...

Yea, just peeped it. Was sent to me as new. My fault.

Sony's PlayStation 4 reveal, which was broadcast live on UStream, has drawn in 7.5M viewers,with one million people watching it at any one time.

Last edited:
NVIDIA is continuing to be a partner for physics middleware on PlayStation 4

Recent announcement of Sony’s next-generation PlayStation 4 console has revealed that the new gaming system will be equipped with custom AMD GPU, capable of GPGPU computations – for example, physics simulation. To showcase its processing power, a live demo of GPU accelerated particle simulation, running on the Havok engine, was demonstrated during the event.

An opinions began to emerge, that NVIDIA PhysX SDK engine and PhysX Technology as a whole won’t find its place in the world of next-generation consoles and, thus, will be abandoned quickly.However, official “PlayStation 4 Tools & Middleware Developers” page says that “following middleware companies have their innovative technology solutions available right now to support PlayStation 4 developers”:

Since NVIDIA does not own any AI or Animation middleware, it is pretty clear that PhysX SDK physics engine is implied here. PhysX SDK will support PlayStation 4 and is already available for developers, as our sources, close to the industry, can confirm.

http://physxinfo.com/news/10531/nvi...tner-for-physics-middleware-on-playstation-4/

Anyone care to add to this. Good thing?

I'm kinda guess that Sony is trying to rush the PS4 to the market because I thought the PS4 was supposed to drop 2014 sometime,
nothing rushed about it, sony's unveiling is rumored to have actually been delayed from last years e3

also, sonys chipset is believed to have been finished before microsofts

the reason you probably thought it was 2014 was because sony kept their cards close

Last edited:

Recent announcement of Sony’s next-generation PlayStation 4 console has revealed that the new gaming system will be equipped with custom AMD GPU, capable of GPGPU computations – for example, physics simulation. To showcase its processing power, a live demo of GPU accelerated particle simulation, running on the Havok engine, was demonstrated during the event.

An opinions began to emerge, that NVIDIA PhysX SDK engine and PhysX Technology as a whole won’t find its place in the world of next-generation consoles and, thus, will be abandoned quickly.However, official “PlayStation 4 Tools & Middleware Developers” page says that “following middleware companies have their innovative technology solutions available right now to support PlayStation 4 developers”:

Since NVIDIA does not own any AI or Animation middleware, it is pretty clear that PhysX SDK physics engine is implied here. PhysX SDK will support PlayStation 4 and is already available for developers, as our sources, close to the industry, can confirm.

http://physxinfo.com/news/10531/nvi...tner-for-physics-middleware-on-playstation-4/

Anyone?

Anyone?

PS3 had it PS4 has it ::shrug:: nothing earth shattering

^I'm not asking that, I'm asking what it does specifically.
its just allows devs who choose to license it to use it as the physics engine of their game

with the ps4 being supported, devs can use it on ps4 games

nothing new, just more middleware available to devs

- it does all kinds of stuff from collision detection to particle physics, clothing physics and hair physics

Last edited:
True, but this was merely the unveiling of the PS4. A lot of developers are holding out for E3 to show their stuff on the major stage. This was Sony's stage to shine on, not the developers. E3 will be all about the games. I looked at this as Sony's chance to hit the ground running early so they can really make it about the games at the big event later this year.

We just have to look at this announcement and unveiling as what platform Sony is giving us to enjoy the games to come on.
Yeah is was a PS4 EVENT. An event about the console Sony made called the PS4.

You ever heard of E3? I have a feeling the shiny new stuff will come out then. Thats where they'll show the console

Did Nintendo spill the beans on all of their titles at the Wii U unveiling? Or did they merely show what the console was capable of while showing a few games that assisted them throughout the process?

You're basing all of this judgement on the few titles they showed like those are the ONLY games that will be on the PS4 for the next decade of a lifeline it will have. They showed a handfull of games to give gamers something to anticipate on launch.

The games are important, but those few games shown aren't the ONLY games releasing for the console. You want Sony to show you everything they have for your personal decision making? The system doesn't even drop for over half a year. We don't know whats going to pop up between now and the holiday season. But we do know what the console will be capable of, and thats what the whole event was about.

You're not fully grasping what Im trying to say. I never believed Sony would show all of the games or give every single detail about the console and the unveiling. I know these are just launch games. I know there will be more than 2 or 3 games when the system launches. I just don't feel Sony has shown WHY the majority of gamers should go out and buy their console based on what took place at the event. Besides specs and graphics, why should the majority of gamers care about the PS4?

You bring up Nintendo. In 2011 when they unveiled the Wii U they showed mini games/videos/demos of how they will change the way gamers interacted with games through the gamepad. They showed all the different ways developers might utilize this device to enhance game play to make the games more immersive and fun. Did they show all the games? No, but hopefully they left consumers excited about the possibilities of new ways to play and experience video games.

The whole point of this event was to make consumers excited about the new PS4. Was Sony effective? In my opinion, no. Most gamers don't understand specs and don't care about shiny graphics.Sony expected consumers to be excited about graphics and specs when history has shown us graphics and hardware specs don't sell systems.

Did Sony show the average consumer any new or revolutionary ways to play games on relevant IP's?

I know all about E3 and that Sony will show games at that event. In my post I used myself as a placeholder for the average consumer. Sony has to impress me along with millions of other potential consumers why their product is worth their time. Will Sony have fun and exclusive games on their system? Will Sony offer consumers new ways to play games on their favorite IPs? Will they deliver on all of their promises they made at the press event? Will the PS4 be affordable? These are things Sony must account for.Time will tell if they will, but if they hit their mark on these things I feel they will do GREAT.

My overall point and closing opinion on the matter is give it some time my dude. Don't jump the gun and start judging it before you even play one. We don't know whats down the line.

I'm not saying "AYO, **** YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE THE PS4? ***** WATCH YO MOUF" or anything like that. You're entitled to your opinion and I would expect you to spend your hard earned dollars on what you feel is right for you. But lets just see what Sony has up its sleeves before we base our opinions off the announcement.

We should all know that Sony wasn't going to give everything away, I mean, they didn't even show us the console itself. Who knows what else they didn't show us.

So y'all think MGS 5 revealed at E3?

And if so would these new console coming out would really push the visual envelope with a game like that?

MGS 5 (PS3/PS4/360)

Next gen exclusive. (not true)

Last edited:
I knew it wasn't exclusive for for the next gen consoles what I meant was you seen the gameplay for ground zeros right? It looks amazing I assumed it was ran on consoles from this generation

And since its most likely being release for next gen consoles too do you think it will look way better?

I don't think it will look as good as it could be if it were only releasing on next gen consoles, but it will still be one of the best looking games. MGS always has been. I thought Ground Zeroes was next gen when I first watched the trailer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom