The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Yep, Im mos def getting it for the facial scan for 2K15 ....my biggest decision is should I return it after I use it.
i can get from local walmart instore pickup for $43 + gas or amazon for $42, but wont come til monday. 

I can get mine for free using Best Buy gift cards. I havent paid for video game or accessories since 2012.

Yep, Im mos def getting it for the facial scan for 2K15 ....my biggest decision is should I return it after I use it.
i can get from local walmart instore pickup for $43 + gas or amazon for $42, but wont come til monday. 
Your best bet is copping it from walmart.

If you don't like it, you can walk up to walmart's return center like...

4db037a2_tumblr_md9g54yQc91qfp9jb.gif

^ you platinum'd FFXHD right?  Theres a lot of tedious stuff to do to get that and you're losing interest at level 20 in Destiny?  
You can't even compare the two, FF X >>> Destiny :lol: I love FF X.

I traded in GTA V PS3 version to Best Buy for $29. It was worth $27 and then got a extra $2 for having the gamers club unlocked.

Used that $29 and a $10 rewards zone cert to get Desting for $12.

I have GTA V for PS4 pre ordered and will be double dipping when it comes out in November.

I saw what was put out today a while back. I don't know why they wanted to wait this long. ::shrug::
I forgot to read this but it sounds really good.

Your thoughts on the battle system?

So with what Tabata has been saying in interviews lately I can remove some of the edited material from that post.

I got to see where they're at with (XV) and was excited and impressed. Since Nomura was rolled off like 2 years ago Tabata has been rebuilding (XV) from the ground up. I flat out asked him "who's game is this" and he said "it's mine and my team's not Tetsuya's (team)". I'm interested to see if Nomura will remain director the the credits.

We then got into the game, we're on about the 4th iteration of the game but there's no stopping this version. This is what the public is going to get as they're not going to scrap or rebuild what they already have. Speaking of iterations I asked if this was still running on the Luminous engine. He was hesitant to speak on it but he basically said that the 3 engines that they previously developed all got rolled into one massive living iteration under the Luminous name.

I saw about 15 minutes of gameplay and 30 minutes of tech demonstration. So without throwing major spoilers out there the game begins with a road trip for Noctis to go reclaim the crystal his rightful place as Prince of Lucis. Now, for the first time the gameplay for this FF is completely open world. I asked for specifics on map to town ratio and was told 30% town 70% map. The gameplay I saw had Noctis and crew in his black car driving around GTA style in the desert. You could jump out of the car at any time and in FF 12 style you would run up to enemies and start a battle. No transition screens, no loading, jump in and fight with 100% free reign to move/run wherever you want. He said that he wanted to stay away from anything combo based or timing based sticking to more scripted actions for the battle. In similar fashion to 13, only Noctis was controllable and you give commands out to your other team members. He also mentioned he wanted battles to be "easy mode" for players concentrating a a flashy fun experience but that the battle system would take a backseat to the presentation and story. Right on queue, we finished a battle, hopped back in the car and then started driving. All of a sudden a giant dragon just popped out of the ground and we could either keep driving off or fight it. Obviously we chose to fight it =)

The battle system is a cross between KH and FF It's really hard to explain in text. It's just very organic. There's a flow to how battles progress but it's very very intuitive and very easy for any gamer of any age to pick up and play. That's what they're going for. The epic God of War/Shadow of the Colossus experiences without needing to have great twitch reflexes or a mind for tactics. It's a scripted AI system that adapts on the fly to what actions you're doing and what the enemies are doing. It's more than just sitting there pressing X and makes for a more dynamic experience where battles are different every single time you fight them, but at the same time it is not the burden that most non-RPG gamers think of when jumping into an RPG experience in terms of learning curve. I would say this is the easiest FF to pick up and play, hence Tabata saying battles will be "easy mode".

Last edited:
@HybridSoldier23  So basically the battle system is an evolution of  LR:FF XIII ? I remember reading awhile back that LR were using some elements that FF XV was using. Also, do you prefer Tabata or Nomura's vision of the game ? Nomura was going for a dark,mature, touching theme while it seems Tabata want to go for a road trip around a final fantasy world retrieving a crystal

@HybridSoldier23
 So basically the battle system is an evolution of  LR:FF XIII ? I remember reading awhile back that LR were using some elements that FF XV was using. Also, do you prefer Tabata or Nomura's vision of the game ? Nomura was going for a dark,mature, touching theme while it seems Tabata want to go for a road trip around a final fantasy world retrieving a crystal

I don't consider this battle system to be anything like Lightning returns or Type-0. Everything is contextual based. Where the enemy is, what spell or action you start with, where your teammates are, how you're moving around it all effects the flow of battle.

The themes that Nomura built in Versus are still very present but they will just be presented in a very different matter. The road trip idea was always at the core of the vision. I can't say which is better because honestly there's been so many iterations of this game that didn't work out.

The bottom line is that Nomura and his team just didn't get it done. And look, Nomura is an extremely talented guy but he just wasn't able to create shippable product. It's really unfortunate that there were so many design issues that kept things from coming together years ago. I wish I could talk about those things but I can't. Although Tabata recently said this in an interview:

We re-examined Final Fantasy XV's development structure. We had the gameplay team, the cinematics or CG team, and the game engine team. And we finally merged them all together to work on this game.

So you can imagine what was going on. Obviously, there were structure and leadership issues. The crux of everything was that Tabata came on board with a solid vision and a will to get things done and shipped out the door much like Yoshi P did with the reboot of FF XIV. It was a next man up mentality. I mean... a lot of people have touched this thing. People you wouldn't even imagine being involved with SE have tried to get it on track. Even Sony came in to help and was unable to salvage what Nomura was trying to do and eventually gave up.

Where they're at now is a great place. Everyone is on the same page across all the teams and development is finally cranking on NEW GAMES from SE proper.

Last edited:
Anyone on PS4 trying to do the raid sometime this week after it resets tomorrow? Hit me up, trying to get a group with NT clan mates.

Miss the days of random SE RPG's. (Vagrant Story, Mana series, Romancing Saga; publishing Grandia III and Odin Sphere) Hopefully we can go back to that. 
I'm hoping PS4 can bring back the JRPG trend that PS2 had. There were so many JRPGs that I played and didn't get to play DQ VIII, Xenosaga series, Rogue Galaxy etc.

I'm hoping PS4 can bring back the JRPG trend that PS2 had. There were so many JRPGs that I played and didn't get to play DQ VIII, Xenosaga series, Rogue Galaxy etc.
   Man Xenosaga had so much potential (suppose to have been 6 installments but cut to 3 since episode 2 bombed so bad)  Rogue Galaxy was a little difficult , I liked the Shadow Hearts series and Grandia III

@HybridSoldier23

Thanks for the insight. I see people overacting over the net but FF has always been about innovation and the battle system for this looks no different. It's good to hear positive word from someone who's actually had time with the demo. Can't wait for March and to see what highler level play looks like.

Glad to hear SE fixing up as well with their development structure.

2 questions.

How do you guys clean out the dust in the PS4 vents?

DriveClub is in between GT and NFS right? I know it was discussed but I can't remember. My boy was telling me it's more dim than arcade but I feel like that's incorrect.

2 questions.

How do you guys clean out the dust in the PS4 vents?

DriveClub is in between GT and NFS right? I know it was discussed but I can't remember. My boy was telling me it's more dim than arcade but I feel like that's incorrect.

Yea, you're right. In between SIM and Arcade but as to which one it i leans more towards to, we don't know yet but some impressions make it sound more towards SIM.

Have to wait for reviews.

Xenosaga makes MGS cutscenes look like commercials in terms of length.
DAWG there was like 2 hours of gameplay in episode 1.
I was talking with one of my boys about how MGS 4 had some long cutscenes. I mentioned Xenosaga as a game I wished I could've played and he said Xenosaga takes the cake as far as long cutscenes go
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom