The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Rainbow Six Operation Black Ice DLC has been released. New operators if you have season pass, have to wait a week if you dont. New map and some other tweaks and such as well as some new spectator cam.

Im playing the new map right now. Its pretty cool but im getting some weird *** little glitches.

Sony really dropped the ball with the Vita. The price of those memory sticks alone turned several people away. $250-$300 for the hardware probably pushed people away too.

24378610850_b2ab20ef46_b.jpg

:smokin Assault Android Cactus

Last edited:
Sony really dropped the ball with the Vita. The price of those memory sticks alone turned several people away. $250-$300 for the hardware probably pushed people away too.

That was a great price IMO. Remmeber people thought it was going to be more expensive for the specs.
The memory cards were too expensive though. I know it was proprietary as a security measure but they definitely made a profit from them and I think it sorta harmed it.

Main problem with Vita was Mobile. Mobile is killing all handhelds and there's nothing that can be done about it.

24378610850_b2ab20ef46_b.jpg

:smokin Assault Android Cactus

Everyone needs to pick AAC.

Cross-but too.

I don't think the price was bad eithet but I doubt the average consumer was going to pay $300. Similar thing with the 3DS but Nintendo did a price drop and even did the ambassador promo. I also think the lack of 3rd party support hurt, at least compared to PSP which had all types of exclusives and 3rd party support from Konami, SE, Capcom etc.

I don't think the price was bad eithet but I doubt the average consumer was going to pay $300. Similar thing with the 3DS but Nintendo did a price drop and even did the ambassador promo. I also think the lack of 3rd party support hurt, at least compared to PSP which had all types of exclusives and 3rd party support from Konami, SE, Capcom etc.

What the Vita was offering for $250 was much better than what the 3DS was offering and I'm not sure third party would have done anything outside of Japan.

Remember Vita's launch had Uncharted, Fifa, Wipeout 2048, UMVC3, F1, Gravity Rush, Virtua Tennis etc..

It had the best launch and launch window lineup and even got COD later on but hardly anyone cared. You could tell because there was hardly any hype before it came out but the PS4's announcement on the other hand was everywhere and hyped up.

Back
Top Bottom