The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

nah pics?

I always knew there was a way to scam a rebox. I wonder how they did it. :smh:

Anyone ever rent a game from Redbox only to find out the disc you thought was inside was actually a piece of paper?

Yup this happened to me a few years back when The Last Of Us first released on PS3. Went to rent it and out came a photo copy and 2 wooden popsicle sticks in the game disc :lol: :smh:

People are doing it to steal the disc and then sell it to a Gamestop for cash or in store credit, since they take game discs without game covers. But thats dumb because they can easily track that since Gamestop finger prints you with a ink pad or fingerprint reader device and you have to provide a photo ID whenever you sell games to them.

Anyone ever rent a game from Redbox only to find out the disc you thought was inside was actually a piece of paper?

Yup this happened to me a few years back when The Last Of Us first released on PS3. Went to rent it and out came a photo copy and 2 wooden popsicle sticks in the game disc :lol: :smh:

People are doing it to steal the disc and then sell it to a Gamestop for cash or in store credit, since they take game discs without game covers. But thats dumb because they can easily track that since Gamestop finger prints you with a ink pad or fingerprint reader device and you have to provide a photo ID whenever you sell games to them.
Gamestop has never taken my prints. What the hell :lol:

Gamestop has never taken my prints. What the hell :lol:
They do that in the hood gamestops. There was a GameStop in north Philly that did that. The ones near me only ask for my license

Wtf? :lol:

Wonder if can get a special deal to trade in our current PS4 towards a new one. Seems kinda wrong that they're releasing a better one mid-cycle.

it's not wrong, it's awsome

i just wish it was more powerful, even if it costed more

This.

I think it's great but I'm just wondering what the general public will think of it.
I just need it to not come out this year and as long as I can sell my current PS4, I'm good.

I think in some states I think you gotta print at GameStop because the count them as a pawn shop and they make them do that

Sony is now openly sharing this specification with developers and while Giant Bomb beat us to the punch, we have access to the same documentation. There is no doubt - this is real. This is the new, more powerful PlayStation 4.

Well, according to Sony's own documents, there is a focus on delivering 4K gaming content, though upscaling to UHD resolution is likely. Owners of 1080p screens can expect benefits too, explicitly stated as:

Higher frame-rates
More stable frame-rates
Improved graphics fidelity
Additional graphics features

Developers have the ability to add Neo support to their existing PlayStation 4 titles coming out in September via a day one patch, while dual base/Neo supported titles are expected to arrive from October onwards. Sony isn't telling developers when the unit will actually launch and states that it's perfectly OK with Neo-compatible titles shipping before the actual hardware. Either the platform holder is playing its cards close to its chest or else the firm itself simply isn't clear when it plans to launch the kit.

Eurogamer

Last edited:
I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon but I'd hope it comes with a 2TB HDD at the least.

I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon but I'd hope it comes with a 2TB HDD at the least.

On top of that, while the documentation says that the hard drive will remain the same (Sony has several in circulation, so we assume it means 2.5-inch laptop drives generally) there are no indications of any changes to the Blu-ray drive. This is surprising, as we would have assumed that Sony would take this opportunity to support the new UHD 4K movie standard, supporting standard 50GB discs along with 66GB and 100GB variants. For now it seems that developers are set to stick with 50GB of storage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom