The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

So do I need to know FF the game in order to appreciate FF the movie more?

From what I read this is like happening during the same timeline as the game so it intertwines with the game's story.

So you can watch it before or after playing the game. Even during the game.

Even if you don't play the game, you can still watch the movie and enjoy it seeing how good Advent Children was not that Spirits Within stuff though.

Last edited:

View media item 2067112

View media item 2066836

air-jordan-5-v-cool-grey-01.jpg

View media item 2067113

Cant wait to give you the hands on T7 :evil: :lol: :frown:

im enjoying playing through FF X on ps4 so much.

I dont remember the story at all from when i was a kid.

A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV Announced by Square Enix for PS4 and Xbox One
During its live coverage at E3, Square Enix announced a brand new game set in the Final Fantasy XV universe, A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV.

The game is a retro-style action-brawler game set thirty years before the main game, and the protagonist is much younger King Regis. There will also be other known characters like Cid and new ones.

Story-wise, it’s actually a fairy tale King Regis is telling young Noctis.

The game will be available for PS4 and Xbox One as pre-order exclusive bonus for Final Fantasy XV from select retailers. For instance in North America it will be available from GameStop and EBGames. It will release day and date with the main game on September 30th.

View media item 2068325

View media item 2068326

View media item 2068327

View media item 2068328
So we have the main game, this game, an anime and a movie.

What next, a mobile companion?

Wasn't going to buy anything... but couldn't pass up some of these prices.

Need for Speed

Tomb Raider DE

Omega Quintet

All for under $22

VR Roundup

Rocksteady announces Batman: Arkham VR, exclusive to PlayStation VR

One of the things that Arkham fans have been asking for is the opportunity to explore some of the most iconic locations in Batman’s universe such as Wayne Manor and the Batcave. For the first time in a Rocksteady Arkham story, Batman: Arkham VR offers players the chance to do exactly that – to feel that unique sense of presence in these legendary locations through virtual reality. If you’ve ever wondered how it would feel to be Bruce Wayne one moment surrounded by the finery of Wayne Manor and then descend into the Batcave to put on the iconic Batsuit, you’ll know why we’re so excited about putting the game in players’ hands.

This time around we’re telling a highly focused, very personal story entirely in first-person. Batman: Arkham VR is an intense murder mystery in the style of the classic Batman comic books, but with a strong dose of the dark psychology that the Arkham games are well known for.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...batman-arkham-vr-exclusive-to-playstation-vr/

[rule]

Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing VR Mission shown at E3, coming exclusively to PS VR
Criterion Games teams with DICE on brand new Battlefront VR experience

Virtual reality brings us one step closer to realising this amazing dream of piloting an X-wing in space. With this incredible new platform, you will be instantaneously transported from the comforts of your living room to an X-Wing cockpit in space. And with the artists at Criterion and DICE meticulously crafting every authentic detail, the experience feels more real than you can imagine.
Best of all, this amazing offering will be free for all owners of Star Wars Battlefront on PS4. Millions of you have joined the Star Wars Battlefront community since the game’s launch in December and we couldn’t think of a better reward for that loyalty and take your experience to a completely new level.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...sion-shown-at-e3-coming-exclusively-to-ps-vr/

[rule]

Farpoint announced for PlayStation VR
A new virtual reality shooter set in a hostile alien world

Impulse Gear is a small independent developer based in downtown San Francisco. We founded Impulse Gear with one very important mission: to create virtual reality games that would live up to the expectations of you, the gamer. To do that, we worked closely with SIE to develop an entirely new way to play games with the PS VR Aim Controller.

The PS VR Aim Controller offers the most realistic and precise way to control our game. With direct 1-to-1 tracking, you aim in Farpoint just as you would in real life. How you hold and where you point the controller are directly matched in the game. This allows you to do things in Farpoint that just are not possible in a standard FPS game. It also provides an unbelievable sense of presence in the virtual world.

Hands-on: ‘PSVR Aim’ Controller Debuts with ‘Farpoint’ FPS

View media item 2068376
Farpoint is one of the few PSVR titles that’s using thumbstick-based movement. The PlayStation VR Aim controller has two thumbsticks, and the stick on the foregrip is used to move yourself forward and backward in the game, while the direction of your gun determines your walking direction.

This was awkward at first, but as I got used to it I noticed a major benefit—it was incredibly easy to walk in one direction while looking in another. This sounds trivial, but in VR it’s actually a problem that’s often not handled very well. For instance, at one point in my time with Farpoint, I was crossing a narrow land bridge spanning the width of a large cavern. As I walked carefully forward to avoid falling off either side, I was able to look to the left and right to see the impressive environment around me while continuing to fine-tune my walking direction using the angle of the gun.

While I’m one of the folks who is normally susceptible to thumbstick-driven VR locomotion, I was surprised that I didn’t experience any nausea when moving in Farpoint. The key seems to be moderate player speed (your pace is more of a stroll than a sprint) and lack of any means of rotating except by rotating your own real body. The developers tell me the final game will include the option to rotate with the stick for more experienced players, but the game is designed to minimize the need.

As Impulse Gear’s first title, Farpoint is an impressive starting point for the studio, bringing what feels at this stage like solid FPS action to PlayStation VR. Founder Randy Nolta told me that they’re aiming for a multi-hour narrative driven experience.

http://www.roadtovr.com/farpoint-psvr-aim-controller-playstation-vr-aim-e3-2016-hands-on/

More at the link about the gameplay but sounds solid and they got round motion sickness too. A good read

The peripheral though is not the best looking

[rule]

Introducing Here They Lie, a surreal horror game for PS VR & PS4

Here They Lie is a dark psychological horror experience that transports you to a terrifying, surreal world inhabited by strange and malevolent creatures. Unimaginable horrors lurk around every corner, just out of sight, haunting and infecting your mind.

Dare yourself to go deeper down the rabbit hole and confront the meaning of your existence.

With a focus on narrative, and the experience of dread, Here They Lie is not your typical survival horror game.

We can’t wait to take this trip with you and show you what lies hidden deep within this mind-altering journey. Here They Lie will launch autumn 2016 for PlayStation VR and PlayStation 4.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...they-lie-a-surreal-horror-game-for-ps-vr-ps4/

Yea, not for me :lol:

[rule]

PlayStation VR Demos Coming to Select GameStop Locations This Weekend

View media item 2068377
With E3 in full swing, the excitement has surely built around many of the new and exciting announcements coming from the event throughout the week, while those in certain areas this weekend can try out for themselves the upcoming PlayStation VR and a variety of demos.

A press release announced that select GameStop retail locations will be hosting demos of PlayStation VR through December 2016 in six markets, with the first of the demo sessions taking place this weekend from June 17-18 during the week of E3 where players can get hands-on time with the units.

Demos that will be available to try out include Ocean Descent (previously known as “The Deep”) and The Heist (previously known as “The Getaway”). Demos with PlayStation VR will be available from 3-7pm ET on Friday, 6/17 and 12-4pm ET on Saturday, 6/18 at the following six GameStop retail locations, with more locations to be available in the future:

9110 Atlantic Ave, Ozone Park, NY, 11416 (Brooklyn/Nassau)

499 Sunrise Hwy, Patchogue, NY, 11722 (Suffolk/E. Nassau)

1 Mill Circle, Ontario, CA, 91764 (Inland Empire)

2140 S University Dr., Davie, FL, 33324 (Ft. Lauderdale)

3972 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, CA 92606 (Orange County)

3024 Highway 35, Hazlet, NJ 07730 (South Newark)

Just make sure you take some antibacterial wipes with you.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06...ng-to-select-gamestop-locations-this-weekend/

So many updates!

Are you not watching the footy?! 

Nah, none of the matches today looked all that interesting but I could be wrong.
Thought I'll catch up with all the news flowing.

I was also watching the PS Livestream and they had Kaz on with GT Sport. Really getting more and more impressed with the game and each new build.

QdUFRBm.gif

Nah, none of the matches today looked all that interesting but I could be wrong.
Thought I'll catch up with all the news flowing.

I was also watching the PS Livestream and they had Kaz on with GT Sport. Really getting more and more impressed with the game and each new build.
Iceland just earned a draw against Portugal!  What a result!

Damn, missed the Kaz livestream... didn't even know about it! 

Back
Top Bottom