The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Finally played/finished Until Dawn and my god did it scare the **** out of me. Great game and hope to see more similar horror type games from these developers. 
they are making an on rail shooter for PSVR based on Until Dawn if you havent seen it yet. i would love for them to make a sequel and do more with different characters because it was a really well done game. very underrated imo 

Copped Alien Isolation, LEGO Batman 3 (to play with the kid), and Need for Speed.

A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV Announced by Square Enix for PS4 and Xbox One
During its live coverage at E3, Square Enix announced a brand new game set in the Final Fantasy XV universe, A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV.

The game is a retro-style action-brawler game set thirty years before the main game, and the protagonist is much younger King Regis. There will also be other known characters like Cid and new ones.

Story-wise, it’s actually a fairy tale King Regis is telling young Noctis.

The game will be available for PS4 and Xbox One as pre-order exclusive bonus for Final Fantasy XV from select retailers. For instance in North America it will be available from GameStop and EBGames. It will release day and date with the main game on September 30th.

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2068325/
http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2068326/
http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2068327/
http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2068328/

So we have the main game, this game, an anime and a movie.

What next, a mobile companion?

This looks awesome to me. I love 2D side scrolling beat'em ups from the 16-bit era. Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Battletoads, Final Fight, TMNT, Maximum Carnage, etc.

jmGV0gp.png

PlayStation VR Demos Coming to Select GameStop Locations This Weekend

View media item 2068377
With E3 in full swing, the excitement has surely built around many of the new and exciting announcements coming from the event throughout the week, while those in certain areas this weekend can try out for themselves the upcoming PlayStation VR and a variety of demos.

A press release announced that select GameStop retail locations will be hosting demos of PlayStation VR through December 2016 in six markets, with the first of the demo sessions taking place this weekend from June 17-18 during the week of E3 where players can get hands-on time with the units.

Demos that will be available to try out include Ocean Descent (previously known as “The Deep”) and The Heist (previously known as “The Getaway”). Demos with PlayStation VR will be available from 3-7pm ET on Friday, 6/17 and 12-4pm ET on Saturday, 6/18 at the following six GameStop retail locations, with more locations to be available in the future:

9110 Atlantic Ave, Ozone Park, NY, 11416 (Brooklyn/Nassau)

499 Sunrise Hwy, Patchogue, NY, 11722 (Suffolk/E. Nassau)

1 Mill Circle, Ontario, CA, 91764 (Inland Empire)

2140 S University Dr., Davie, FL, 33324 (Ft. Lauderdale)

3972 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, CA 92606 (Orange County)

3024 Highway 35, Hazlet, NJ 07730 (South Newark)

Just make sure you take some antibacterial wipes with you.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06...ng-to-select-gamestop-locations-this-weekend/
The Gamestop in Irvine is literally 5mins from my Job. Its going to be crazy packed, but I def will try to get some PT in.

Last edited:
After extensive use, PlayStation VR is still the most comfortable and least blurry VR headset on the market.

:pimp:

Sony definitely picked the right screen tech for PS VR. Even with less resolution than the Oculus and Vive, they've managed to keep up.
Their resolution gradient tech must be really good now.

More from IGN

"We’ve already told the story of The Hulk. We want to tell the story of Banner now,”

While you assume complete control of Kratos, you also passively control his son throughout the entire game, and both characters grow and evolve. There’s a single button dedicated to your son, and its use depends on the context. He becomes an active participant in combat, traversal, exploration, and puzzle-solving. In this, the game is about passing knowledge onto your child. At the beginning of your journey, you teach a reluctant child how to fire a bow and hunt. As you progress through the game, that becomes second-nature to the boy, and it’s clear that your knowledge has been passed on.
The entire game is presented as a single, uninterrupted shot. Once you’re in, you’re in. No load screens, no cinematics, no fades to black. Kratos and his son’s journey across the world of Norse mythology -- which takes place an undisclosed amount of time past God of War III -- will be told in a wholly singular, and honestly unique manner.

God of War will feature larger, much more in-depth RPG systems, something Sony will discuss further down the road.

While the E3 demo was a quieter, more character-driven look at the game, Barlog assured me that the series isn’t shrugging off its bombastic, cinematic roots. The reason they didn’t focus the E3 demo on a huge, spectacle-filled set piece is that it's a given that the game will have those. Barlog and Sony Santa Monica have mastered those moments, so with this demo, they wanted to surprise fans and non-fans of the series with the unexpected.
"This game is about Kratos teaching his son how to be a god, and his son teaching Kratos how to be human again.”

So same Kratos but he's somehow ended up in a Norse setting with a new weapon and a kid.
RPG elements as well as having a companion which you build up through the game. All of this while still remaining faithful to the roots of GOW.

I think they nailed this new direction

Back
Top Bottom