The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

That Willow Springs replay looked great.
I absolutely despise that track though... 
laugh.gif

And from what I've heard from people who have actually been to that track, the place is (or was anyway) a dump! 

I just read that Red Dead was supposed to be showed at the end of Sony's presser but they pulled it due to the Orlando shooting.

@HybridSoldier23 :nerd:

Last edited:
I just read that Red Dead was supposed to be showed at the end of Sony's presser but they pulled it due to the Orlando shooting.

@HybridSoldier23 :nerd:

I think Hybrid already hinted at it. Saying there was something missing.

Also makes sense with the conference being shorter than usual.

Rockstar also said they were coming to E3 in a big way

Kotaku pulling no punches...
[h1]Final Fantasy XV's VR Demo Is Terrible[/h1]
It’s not shocking that Square Enix is bringing Final Fantasy  to virtual reality, but based on what they’re showing so far, there’s not much reason to get excited.

After Sony’s press conference, the company allowed people to play a number of the VR games that were announced at the event. Batman: Arkham VR, which I wrote about earlier today, looks promising. I can’t say the same for Final Fantasy.

The playable portion was exactly the same as what’s featured in the trailer. You enter into an arena, warp between a few pre-determined points, and shoot a monster. You fire at that monster for several minutes, and eventually it dies.

That’s it.  There’s nothing more to it. It, um, bad.

It doesn’t take meaningful advantage of virtual reality, and the mechanics aren’t satisfying. You hold down a button, point in the direction of the monster, and win! Perhaps this’ll change when Square Enix delivers the whole thing later this year, but if it’s more of what I played yesterday, temper your expectations.

In fact, the most interesting part of the demo was watching what people did when it was over. After the monster’s defeated, you have a chance to go for a ride with the game’s weirdly sexualized take on Cid. Would you be surprised if people decided to get really close to certain  parts of her body? You should not.

Anyone own Need for Speed?

I was in the closed Beta and thought it was not good. But I have liked them in the past, so I scooped it at 10 bucks.

I love the graphics and the implementation of the story into the game. The different events so far have been fun.

I really hate how you cannot pause the game, and how many text boxes pop up while in the middle of events.

It's a really strange game to me... NFS has always been so hit or miss. And really no flow from title to title...

Not surprised by FFXV VR being called terrible seems completely pointless even watching it at the conference I rolled my eyes at it

Try a different browser to see what shows up. I tend to have that problem on Firefox sometimes.

I have need for speed and played it quite a bit and enjoyed it. I still need to get back to it.

Handling gets much better with the upgrades and stuff.

If ffxv is like other games, some nyc stores will be selling it days to a week early. Gonna hit the city and bk hard for the early cop. Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom