The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

The director is on the travel ban right? Nevermind. Guess he chose not to go.

I'm glad Viola Davis finally got one, even though she was supposed to be in the leading role category but submitted for supporting because its was an easier win

She a grammy away from an EGOT now
Was it really?

I thought a leading actress has to be the lead in the movie? Or at least co-lead

It was easier? Sorry but Emma Stone is not competition. Meryl wasn't gonna win. Apparently Isanelle, Ruth, and Natalie weren't either.

​yeah, she won the Tony for the same role as a lead.  There was talk about her in the supporting category being "category fraud"
Oh, I didn't know that. Don't really watch the Tonys.

I still don't think it's an easier win. She completely smashes Emma in that category. Maybe she did it so she'd just get one if ppl think it's easier.

La La Land probably still gonna win. They giving up the supporting roles and maybe lead roles to let best film cook for them.
I wouldn't mind but going 1 for 14 is not a good look :lol:

As long as Barry wins for best director.

Last edited:
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I'm glad Viola Davis finally got one, even though she was supposed to be in the leading role category but submitted for supporting because its was an easier win

She a grammy away from an EGOT now
Was it really?

I thought a leading actress has to be the lead in the movie? Or at least co-lead.

I figured that's what the studio submitted it as cuz that's what she was.

It was easier? Sorry but Emma Stone is not competition when you compare both performances. Meryl wasn't gonna win. Apparently Isabelle, Ruth, and Natalie weren't either.
Nah a supporting actress wouldn't be the size of the role that she had in fences. Studios often times submit weird things. Like they will submit an actor for best actor instead of best supporting actor and they'll lose.

Like Heath Ledger won for best supporting actor in TDK. One could say that the movie was basically a joker movie and maybe he should've been nominated as best actor.

Like The Martian won the comedy golden globe I believe. That movie is in no way a comedy but it's a win

So essentially the studio wanted Viola to get one which is fine tbh. Hollywood seems to be in love with LALALAND so it was probably best not to test it and go against stone

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom