The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Whoa!  
smokin.gif

I just said eff it and bought the $50 official Amazon Fire Controller.  I like how the controller feels too since it's basically an Xbox One Wireless Controller with Amazon's name on it.  Plus it's voice search.  I haven't found any lag on that controller. 

I hope Nintendo re-releases the SNES similar to what their doing with the NES.

I know there are machines that play the games in HD...But I want to play Super Mario RPG in HD lol.

I hope Nintendo re-releases the SNES similar to what their doing with the NES.

I know there are machines that play the games in HD...But I want to play Super Mario RPG in HD lol.

I'd be so down for this. Give me all the SNES RPG's and JRPG's. Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Earthbound, and the goat A Link to the Past. All in native HD. :pimp:

I'd easily drop $60 for an official Nintendo product for all that. It'd be much cheaper than spending $300+ on an XRGB Mini.

I've still never played Chrono Trigger. Might fire up the RetroPie in a little bit and see what's good. I'm a huge SNES JRPG fan too :lol: :smh:.

Any love for Paper Mario? Only played through it once when I was younger on N64, probably like 8th grade-ish, but I remember it being pretty awesome. Don't really see it talked about that often.

Last edited:
So disappointed with the top two choices robocop vs terminator and Incredible Hulk . I remember watching the commercial for the Hulk one specifically and was hyped ... Now that I got it ... It's one of the worst games ever!!! Robo vs Ter is at least entertaining ...

On the bottom are two underrated classic IMO Samuri Showdown and Top Gear :pimp:
Love em both!!

View media item 2143573

Last edited:
Any love for Paper Mario? Only played through it once when I was younger on N64, probably like 8th grade-ish, but I remember it being pretty awesome. Don't really see it talked about that often.
Never played the original but I had the sequel on Wii. Fun *** game! One of the better games for Wii.

So disappointed with the top two chooses robocop vs terminator and Incredible Hulk . I remember watching the commercial for the Hulk one specifically and was hyped ... Now that I got it ... It's one of the worst games ever!!!

Damn, and I'm trying to cop those exact titles for my Genesis.

So disappointed with the top two choices robocop vs terminator and Incredible Hulk . I remember watching the commercial for the Hulk one specifically and was hyped ... Now that I got it ... It's one of the worst games ever!!! Robo vs Ter is at least entertaining ...

On the bottom are two underrated classic IMO Samuri Showdown and Top Gear :pimp:
Love em both!!

View media item 2143573

I used to love the Samurai Showdown games

Never played the original but I had the sequel on Wii. Fun *** game! One of the better games for Wii.
I never played it. I had a Wii since launch and the only game I ever played on it was Twilight Princess, and even that took me like 3 years to start :smh:. I may run through Paper Mario on the Pie after I finish Chrono Trigger and see if I can grab Paper Mario 2 for cheap. Gotta get Skyward Sword too.

Last edited:

On the bottom are two underrated classic IMO Samuri Showdown and Top Gear
pimp.gif

Love em both!!
I have a short story to tell...

Years ago, when local video stores a thing, I rented Top Gear from a local store I used to go to and when I turned the game on, it wasn't Top Gear...

...it was Mortal Kombat. 
laugh.gif

Yeah I started playing last night and the guide I'm using has all different scenarios for what you should and shouldn't do if you want a negative/positive plot result :lol:. I'm gonna go positive for my first playthrough, and if I ever decide to do it again I'm just gonna wing it and do whatever.

Is it worth trying to avoid most battles in the early going to be able to face this Spekkio dude in his level 1-9 form? Is the item he gives you that valuable?

Back
Top Bottom