The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Pulled out the crt tv so I can play ps2/n64/gamecube on a decent quality again. Can't stand it on the hdtv.
It's the only way I play my Nes and Genesis games 
smokin.gif

However, I don't mind doing ps1(S-video), ps2 (component), gamecube (S-video) on my hdtv.  

Random throwback story

My brother was playing MK2

He was like in 1st grade

He accidently does the Reptile finisher where he pulls off his mask and eats your head

He got so freaked out :lol:

The NES Mini is going to sell so much this Holiday season.

any idea on the production run of these? i dunno if i should pull the trigger now or wait for those holiday deals...
Just speaking on opinion here but I think they're gonna be a very popular item and I don't think Nintendo will have too many production runs. Also don't think there'll be any deals for them since they're releasing so close to holiday season.

Last edited:
What was yalls 1st video game system?
nerd.gif

Mine was Atari
then didn't get the NES until the late '80's

nthat.gif
Original GameBoy (the big gray brick)... started with games like Super Mario Land and Pac Man 
smile.gif

Played some PC games like Need for Speed and some flight sims growing up... Friends had SNES and N64, but I never owned my own home console until I picked up a used GameCube in college. I paid 30 or 40 bucks for it and it was worth every penny. Since then have gotten a Wii and Wii U. I still play titles from all three systems to this day.

NES although I don't have much memory of it. Super Nintendo when we moved. We gave our first SNES to our relatives in Vietnam along with Super Mario World and Killer Instinct. Pops got us another one later down the line. I remember the day he brought us to Walmart and copped Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past and Jurassic Park. Still have the same Zelda copy to this day.

I've kept pretty much all my consoles and games. I did a good amount of collecting in college also, was heavy into thrift store and craigslist/garage sale deals. Good times

Yeah looks like it. I didn't preorder so I have no clue whether or not they'll be canceled or whatever. Maybe they completely pre-sold their anticipated allocation?
Hmm, maybe? I was about to pull the trigger on the pre-order too.

I'm surprised Amazon or Gamestop hasn't begun the pre-order yet...Unless they have and I have missed out already?

Sidenote: My 8bit controller is going to be delivered today...Going to test it out and play some Mario Kart.

I showed my wife all the games and she was impressed...She gave me the look like she wanted to play me in Mario Kart lol.

Hmm, maybe? I was about to pull the trigger on the pre-order too.

I'm surprised Amazon or Gamestop hasn't begun the pre-order yet...Unless they have and I have missed out already?

Best Buy still has their's as "coming soon" and I have been on the email notification since day 1 for Amazon so I don't think they have yet. I'm sure Target pulled the trigger too early and took it down for that reason.

Anywhere I can get a legit power adapter and cables for a SNES? EBay has Chinese looking ones and I don't want it to **** up the system :lol:

Anywhere I can get a legit power adapter and cables for a SNES? EBay has Chinese looking ones and I don't want it to **** up the system :lol:
Buy a genuine Nintendo power adapter used on ebay.

I think I read that the Nes and Snes use the same adapter.

Last edited:
First system was the OG Nintendo.

My sister's boyfriend gave it to me as a kid with a whole trashbag full of games...

I've owned every major system released to the general. Except a game cube.... Just nah... But from og Nintendo to ps4 including Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, every Xbox except for a 1. (I hate Xbox with a passion for some reason)

I don't play video games anymore hardly. Maybe 1 game a year or so. Beat it then sell the system.lol I need to get back into it. Imma cop another ps4 and get Uncharted with it. Hopefully I can keep this 1 without it collecting dust.

Last edited:
First system was the OG Nintendo.

My sister's boyfriend gave it to me as a kid with a whole trashbag full of games...

I've owned every major system released to the general. Except a game cube.... Just nah... But from og Nintendo to ps4 including Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast.

I don't play video games anymore hardly. Maybe 1 game a year or so. Beat it then sell the system.lol I need to get back into it. Imma cop another ps4 and get Uncharted with it. Hopefully I can keep this 1 without it collecting dust.
Just gotta find time. I'll go months without playing any games and then I'll go months where I'm gaming almost every night :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom