The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I missed playing this game, never got got finish it.

Attachments

• yuyu.jpg
    yuyu.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 534
Get it again and give it a shot. Is it expensive?
I don't have the game yet. just missed it since I was talking to an old friend recently about the anime and this came out of the conversation. last time I played it was back in college with my ex-gf's brother's GB and cartridge. not sure if I would or if there is a remake or available on other platforms. I believe I only was able to fight Sensui's first form and that alone was already difficult for me.

this was one of my jam. I say compared to these guys, I'm a midtier.

I was good.
Used to pause it at the beginning of the drop and try to visualize where I would go and what buttons to press because it got so fast up around level 19.

Wish you could see the screen on pause but that would have made it too easy.

Yea I agree, both didn't seem to get the amount of love they deserved.

I actually preferred Marvel vs. Capcom over any of the other Capcom vs. Fighters.
Surprisingly, the art and music were the best in the initial CPS2 releases.

The animation in Marvel Super Heroes was bananas. It’s only competition was Night Warriors. Capcom didn’t top it until SF3.

You couldn’t do competent console ports without RAM. X-Men on Saturn was missing animation. And when they did MSH for Saturn, there was slowdown with the RAM cart. It wasn’t until they came out with the 4 MB RAM cart that you got the arcade experience at home.

Happy 25th anniversary to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

jp.large.jpg

na.large.jpg

Took me back to 1998 when this was so realistic looking. To think the Dreamcast came a year later and blew this out the water. I miss the graphically jumps we saw in our childhood. 720p to 1080p to 4K is very nice, but it has nothing on 16 bit to 32/64 bit to 128 bit. I know we've talked about it in the past, but man I think us millennials are thankful for our childhood specifically.

In an era where gaming is all about profits, copying the past, and rinse and repeat, we truly were blessed to grow up in the innovation era. Limitations forced so much more creativity.

Back
Top Bottom