The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Trying to move the thread back to discussing games and less of buying/purchasing them (No Disrespect).

Am I alone in enjoying Sonic 2 more than Sonic 3 and/or Sonic and Knuckles?

I like to talk about buying and selling games, or hear about people finding good deals or rare stuff that they like and not just playing emulators

Today I moved the ps1 no wires, a sp I bought the other day that was pretty worn out it was gonna need a battery it felt fat, and new mario bros that came in a dsi xl got 50$ I was perfectly fine with that. Didn't pick anything up

But yes I enjoy sonic 2 more, sonic adventure dreamcast was my personal favorite tho...idk I didn't care for knuckles much tails was 8) I mean he got two tails lol

Trying to move the thread back to discussing games and less of buying/purchasing them (No Disrespect).

Nope, Sonic 2 is GOAT for a lot of people. That said, I never finished it and I wasn't really inclined to play any other Sonic game since then.

Nope, Sonic 2 is GOAT for a lot of people. That said, I never finished it and I wasn't really inclined to play any other Sonic game since then.

I barely played Sonic 3 but I do prefer Sonic 2 to the original although both are pretty awesome. So 2 is my favorite.

Was skeptical on Sonic when I first got my Genesis as I was a Mario fan & Alex The Kid wasn't that great of series imo.
But I was hooked on Sonic as soon as I played it.

Sonic 3 has great music tho!

Last edited:
I played sonic 2 more as a kid but sonic 3 & knuckles lock on is hard to pass.

And as a huge Sega fan I hope they start doing there 1ps right for once. So many good games

Sonic 1 is still my favorite one to play because it takes me back to Christmas of '91. My parents have no idea how happy me and my bro were that night 
happy.gif

Was playing Sonic 1 on my Retron 5 the other week.. I really dig the retro nostalgic sound / graphics you get from the Sonic games. BTW, I really don't like using the Retron 5 for multiple reasons, the only reason I am keeping it is b/c it lets me use save states and I get to use my cartridge. Save states are a godsend when you don't really have several hours to sit down and really enjoy it |I

Last edited:
^^
Alternative to the Retron would be to use an Everdrive cart (which has save states, etc). That way you'd be running on the real hardware vs. the Retron emulated crap.

Sonic 2 is better than sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles in every way except for two things.

The ability to play as knuckles and the graphics.

Maybe I'll throw in the instashield as a third thing. That's it.

Sonic 2 is better than sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles in every way except for two things.

The ability to play as knuckles and the graphics.

Maybe I'll throw in the instashield as a third thing. That's it.
I actually preferred the Graphics in Sonic 1/2 vs. Sonic 3/Knuckles. Things seemed to get "cloudy" after 2. I can't really put it into words.

Sonic 2 might be my favorite Genesis game. The first time I beat the game I lost my s***. I don't get the same hype or sense of accomplishment after beating a 360, PS3, or PS4 game.

Anyone play Ristar or Rocket Knight before?

Last edited:
Sonic 2 might be my favorite Genesis game. The first time I beat the game I lost my s***. I don't get the same hype or sense of accomplishment after beating a 360, PS3, or PS4 game.

Anyone play Ristar or Rocket Knight before?

I've played Ristar. Pretty fun platformer with nice graphics iirc

^^
Alternative to the Retron would be to use an Everdrive cart (which has save states, etc). That way you'd be running on the real hardware vs. the Retron emulated crap.

Dang that everdrive is expensive..if I sell my retron, I'm prob gon put it towards a Switch. I don't mind emulating, it's just the cart is a ***** to remove from the retron, it's tedious on top of having to wait and load the game. That and agreed it's pointless to use a cart if it emulates

Last edited:
Dang that everdrive is expensive..if I sell my retron, I'm prob gon put it towards a Switch. I don't mind emulating, it's just the cart is a ***** to remove from the retron, it's tedious on top of having to wait and load the game. That and agreed it's pointless to use a cart if it emulates

I hear you on the Retron having a vice-like grip on the cartridges and I also agree that the Everdrives are priced quite high. The problem now is with the retro gaming craze, some cartridges are simply too expensive to buy so the Everdrive fills a void to an extent.

I've never been a fan of the Retron to be honest but it has its market.

I've never been a fan of the Retron to be honest but it has its market.

I'm not a fan of any of the retro clone consoles. I don't like that a lot of them use emulation instead of run off the hardware natively. Some games end up having compatibility issues. Plus they always look butt ugly.

Back
Top Bottom