The RETRO Gaming Thread!

20150101SPONSOR0064995.png

Just passed on a boxed gamecube (black color) for $15. It was missing controllers and one of the bottom covers. Assuming it was the one for the gameboy player. However, it did have a Zelda windwaker disc.

Just passed on a boxed gamecube (black color) for $15. It was missing controllers and one of the bottom covers. Assuming it was the one for the gameboy player. However, it did have a Zelda windwaker disc.

Broo, wind waker would've paid for that. Plus the og box. I think there's no cover for the GameCube player, it was probably the broadband cover.

You guys are making me reminisce on my game collecting days in college. I already had a collection from childhood but added much more after discovering thrift shops, Craigslist, yard sales, etc..miss that hobby esp. as a broke college student. I remember getting boxed link to the past GBA for $10, final fantasy vii for $1, wind waker gc for $20, oracle of ages for $5, GBA sp 101 for $10 and others. I'll post pics of my stuff when I have time

Last edited:
Question.

A game I was always interested was Crash Team Racing. But I never played it. Anyone have that game growing up? How does it compare to Didddy Kong and MK64?

Sounds like my setup, except my GC is black, which just happens to match the gameboy player it's docked onto. Got 3 wired OG controllers and one legit wavebird- that thing is basically the perfect controller, just wish I had more.

Just checked, and my GC does have the digital output port... guess I need to look into the cord to hook that **** up :nthat:  Also thinking about buying a cheap/beat-up looking cube to use for parts in case an internal part (disc reader etc) wears out on my black cube.

Update: Damb, y'all weren't kidding about those component cables being expensive! :wow:  

The official Nintendo component cables are insanely priced. I remember getting 'em on clearance way back when for $40 and thinking it was nuts for cables back then. :smh:

Apparently there's a replacement for the component cable being worked on by a hobbyist, but I can easily see those being about $100 based on the fact that the official joints are $200+.

The GameCube was kind of dirty and beat up and was a newer model 1 port only, she didn't bring the wavebird controller...she did have a gameboy advanced sp with 7 games kirbys dreamland, space invaders gameboy color, 007 , donkey kong country 3, the rest are just shovel wear...I felt bad for her and gave her 40$ for the gameboy and all games is kind of beat up but I'll refurb it as best as I can and make 40$ back on it with some shovel wear

Last edited:
View media item 2433846
This is what I bought today and eBay item came in, but I have a legit check the person I bought the blue gameboy was from Venezuela sent me this copy of Mario Luigi superstar sagas now in the description it says I was getting Mario kart either way I do some research and can't find this copy the one I did find didn't have the Nintendo official seal starts up exactly how it should View media item 2433847

It's fake I took it apart I'm goin to file a complaint with eBay, if it was real maybe not but charger he sold me doesn't charge well, the charging light is dim when connected I tried my other charger and the light brightens up

Last edited:
Broo, wind waker would've paid for that. Plus the og box. I think there's no cover for the GameCube player, it was probably the broadband cover.

I ended up buying it afterall, was totally shocked to still see it there. I guess it blended it too well with all this other stuff behind the register. Oh! And it still had Zelda windwaker inside :lol:
As for the missing cover, it was for "port #2" so I don't know what that's for. No biggie since I just attached the gameboy player under it. This one is also one of the older gamecubes since it has the port for component cables.

I see a lot of neon Gaming signs at traders village...hitting the flea tomorrow

We all should network lol

i mostly buy what's cheap and sell what I don't want and use that money to buy gaming stuff I want

View media item 2434591
Maybe not retro but I got this 25th Anny dsi xl today listing said just console he included Mario bros 40$ shipped case does have scratches the material is glossy scratchy kind but not bad

Last edited:
Had a chance to get a Super Nintendo yesterday for 30but it was really dirty so I passed (thrift shop)

Sounds like my setup, except my GC is black, which just happens to match the gameboy player it's docked onto. Got 3 wired OG controllers and one legit wavebird- that thing is basically the perfect controller, just wish I had more.

Just checked, and my GC does have the digital output port... guess I need to look into the cord to hook that **** up 
nthat.gif
 Also thinking about buying a cheap/beat-up looking cube to use for parts in case an internal part (disc reader etc) wears out on my black cube.

Update: Damb, y'all weren't kidding about those component cables being expensive! 
eek.gif

The official Nintendo component cables are insanely priced. I remember getting 'em on clearance way back when for $40 and thinking it was nuts for cables back then.
mean.gif

Apparently there's a replacement for the component cable being worked on by a hobbyist, but I can easily see those being about $100 based on the fact that the official joints are $200+.
Do you have their info/site? Even if they're not yet available, that would be nice to know for future ref

John Cygan, who voiced Solidus Snake in Metal Gear Solid 2, passed away over the weekend at the age of 63.

frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom