THE STRAIN on FX -- from Guillermo Del Toro -- Sunday, July 13 at 10pm

As somebody that's binged watched the last 2 weeks....the show was entertaining when it was dealing with science and the supernatural. Like the anatomy changing of the strigori etc. That was cool.

What really bothers me is the inconsistency with the blood and worms splashing everywhere at close range, the dialogue, and lack of realism to a national crisis.

Like there is a clear vampire crisis going on in one of the biggest and most important cities in the WORLD....and life is going on as usual. Even the media acknowledges the creatures as "vampires". The response is to let the NYPD and civilians defeat creatures that multiply :lol:. It's like NYC is a separate country from the United States or something.

Yeah they don't go into all the detail of whats going on. Show is rushed and the dialog and logic is stupid. I dropped this midway thru season 2.

I'll still watch. Its back near the end of August.

It's one of the shows that was interesting that got dumber on several levels that I can still tolerate.

Suits and Mr. Robot before that. Also amped for the return of Tyrant. Lots of good summer series coming back.

Last edited:
Do they show reruns on FX? I don't recall seeing any. I know it's on Hulu and such, but I don't have access to those platforms.

Ready to lock back in to some entertaining bad vampire **** :lol:

FX doesn't just show reruns on a constant basis. They do it randomly. They aired S2 earlier this summer. Tonight you can catch the S2 finale around midnight.

FX doesn't just show reruns on a constant basis. They do it randomly. They aired S2 earlier this summer. Tonight you can catch the S2 finale around midnight.
What? So they're going to premiere S3 at 10PM, have another show and then S2 finale at midnight?! LOL.

That kid Zach is going to continued to get hated on for sure.

What? So they're going to premiere S3 at 10PM, have another show and then S2 finale at midnight?! LOL.

I liked season 1 Zach better, the actor they had for season 2 kept pissing me off lol

Nah, they're gonna air the S3 premiere @ 10pm, then a rerun of that, then the S2 finale, then the S3 premiere again.

Zach is a hostage/vamp now. It'll be funny when he atarts trolling. Such a dumb kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: wj4
This show is one long bad, monster movie. It does have a few good characters though like gus, the hacker chick, the brunette doctor, the exterminator, walter frey's alter-ego, and that vampire guy who has blade's sword.

Last edited:
They focused on the right ppl in this premiere.

Quinlan, Eph, a little Fett (with the special forces dudes getting wiped out), some Setrakian, scary vampire lords, Gus struggling.

Can't complain. Trade for Zack, bioweapon failing, book still ain't translated. Lot of obstacles for the season.

As for this trade, I'd just photo copy ever oh of the lumen. Then attach a bomb to it and get dude's son back if Zack was worth it.

Adding that Staten island lady to the smash list. Nora bae gone :smh:

Last edited:
Good start to the season. They shortened the number of episodes to 10 form this season onward. They plan to do 5 seasons in case anyone is wondering

When the show had zack dead in that dream sequence I was so pissed when he woke up!! I hate that damn kid
:lol:

against my better judgment, i watched the new ep. was pleasantly surprised. it was pretty good. guess i'm back on board. if extant or whispers came back on, i still would not watch. will never watch quantico again either.

Extant was so bad and I gave up in S1. It was crazy to me it got extra seasons.

I assumed fine *** Halle was the reason why.

So does the Master choose a new body now?

:lol: @ Eph still not getting his son back and the Master playing him with that trade. Like why would you bring his son with a bag over his head?

Last edited:
Gus gunnin' for the Emmy for dumbest character. Yeah, let's try and sneak zombie mom out past all these dudes with guns sweeping the building. What could go wrong?

So does the Master choose a new body now?

:lol: @ Who still not getting his son back and the Master playing him with that trade. Like why would you bring his son with a bag over his head?

Gus gunnin' for the Emmy for dumbest character. Yeah, let's try and sneak zombie mom out past all these dudes with guns sweeping the building. What could go wrong?

:lol:
Bag over the head had me :rofl:

Gus don't have to kill his moms but him trying to save her is just plain stupid

this show is so terrible and im still watching 

binged the season up till now 

amazing how fet and eph have gov't clout now

i did like quinlan's backstory

Right now seems like they're stretching things out.

Eph wasting time with how these vamps communicate.

The flashbacks were cool though. Quadrapeligic a dude and then give him a living death at the bottom of the sea.

im callin it now the master got his head cut off, crawled back home and took zack as his new host

what is the point of them shipping this new master from egypt?

Back
Top Bottom