the thread about nothing...

from Tumblr :

I was just reading about this during a wiki binge on Olympics incidents and did a little research on it. I never knew how deep the message was that Smith and Carlos were trying to send. Just about everything they wore and how they wore it had symbolism attached to it. (unzipped tracksuits for solidarity with blue collar workers, necklace of beads for lynching victims, etc) Calling it a “black power salute” is really reductive and it’s a shame (and predictable) that if it’s taught at all, that’s what it’s boiled down to.

Another thing I didn’t know: the Australian guy who came in second wore a patch for solidarity with them, he was protesting racist Australian immigration policies. When he passed away, Smith and Carlos were pallbearers at his funeral.

:smokin :smokin :smokin

Biggest fail of the ***** day. Was Ina rush had to put gas at sams club put 20 in, came home to see $75 was spent on gas!!! Smh didn't get the reciept. I doubt I can fight it
I would double check tomorrow. I've noticed that when I get gas they put a hold of $75 initially but then gets changed for the amount I bought like a day after.

I used to feel texting and not talking on the phone spelled doom for a relationship, but how great is it? :lol: Seriously...A guy can just chill for the night with beer and baseball (my current status) and leisurely respond to my girls text as I see fit, without dumb awkward silences when you know you'd rather be paying attention to something else. :pimp:

I guess this realization just hit me. :lol:

Leftover pizza
pimp.gif
Tastes even better when re-heated in the oven. I remember I used to microwave it
mean.gif
till my ex put me on to the oven method. Haven't looked back since.

-work sucked today. Just busy all around.  No type of break to use the bathroom or get lunch/dinner

-gotta be back up for work in about 3 hrs. 

-thank god for my 3 day weekend.

-gotta pay some fines this week.  I hate freaking tickets.  I hate seeing them and getting them.

-gonna go to ny for my yearly summer in ny outing.

-I have such a love hate about my hometown.

-two funny things happened to me. 1. I was on my phone not paying attention reading a text and walk in to the bathroom.  As i'm walking in I notice that the bathroom got new rugs in it.  And then it dawned on me that I was in the ladies room. 2.  I was at walmart doing some food shopping.  So I start singing ginuiwine's "those jeans",  And the part when he says "baby darn those jean's" I was going hard.  Well, I was going a little to hard because some dude was accusing me of trying to holla at his girl. 

I started Prison Break today and I'm already on episode 8.

This show could potentially be as good as Breaking Bad.

BB is the most recent show that I've watched at this speed.

Last edited:
I love her, and I want her to be happy. It's hard to say the whole "even if it's not with me" part, so I'm not eem gona say that ish.
It's hard to accept this :frown:

Splurge time....yeezys or mbp? Hmmm

I need to get a 92% on both my exams to get an A in my summer classes.

:challenge accepted

step one - tell your professor (or teacher) that you read an article that studying with classical music, and then listening to it during an exam helps information retention and retrieval

step two - download a great classical album

step three - record yourself reading all of the necessary information you need, and make them tracks 3-5 on that album

step four - listen to your "music" while you take your final, and ask the professor to please please please email you when the test is graded so that you can see if the experiment worked or not

step five -

** used this method to pass my stats class to get my BA... now I'm a teacher :smokin

I need to get a 92% on both my exams to get an A in my summer classes.

:challenge accepted

step one - tell your professor (or teacher) that you read an article that studying with classical music, and then listening to it during an exam helps information retention and retrieval

step two - download a great classical album

step three - record yourself reading all of the necessary information you need, and make them tracks 3-5 on that album

step four - listen to your "music" while you take your final, and ask the professor to please please please email you when the test is graded so that you can see if the experiment worked or not

step five -

** used this method to pass my stats class to get my BA... now I'm a teacher :smokin

:lol: & :smokin

wandered into the pickup thread and seen them alohas mane... super jelly. the one shoe i always really wanted and never got.
too bad i don't care about shoes like that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom