the thread about nothing...

s-l1600 (31).jpg

Even going back to Napster.
I remember starting downloads after I got home from school, going outside to play basketball and coming in late hoping and wishing the files were done/legit. :lol:

Great times.

Wouldn't trade the current for those days though. @moderndarwin
Downloading the Dedication by lil Wayne and Rap Phenomenon 2 before school coming back to new music :pimp: :pimp:

It was crushing coming back to a file that stopped mid download :smh::smh::smh:

I work with suicidal clients. No, that's not all I work with, but I met with a kidlet today who was saying some things at school in the middle of a breakdown that concerned school staff.
Chatted with her for a bit and she was having trouble calming tf down. She mentioned that she likes drawing.
I asked her if she wanted to draw while I talk to her. She did.
I talked to her about how serious some of the words she was saying at school were. Told her I'd like her to write down some of her favorite words ever.
IMMEDIATELY started to settle.
These are her words, and this is the drawing.
20230831_182931.jpg

When we were done talking, she said she wanted me to have them.

"You're not in trouble, but I am curious if we could maybe shift your behavior to a different direction. What do you think?"

It's a lot better approach than the common "What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you say something like that?"

I work with suicidal clients. No, that's not all I work with, but I met with a kidlet today who was saying some things at school in the middle of a breakdown that concerned school staff.
Chatted with her for a bit and she was having trouble calming tf down. She mentioned that she likes drawing.
I asked her if she wanted to draw while I talk to her. She did.
I talked to her about how serious some of the words she was saying at school were. Told her I'd like her to write down some of her favorite words ever.
IMMEDIATELY started to settle.
These are her words, and this is the drawing.
20230831_182931.jpg

When we were done talking, she said she wanted me to have them.

"You're not in trouble, but I am curious if we could maybe shift your behavior to a different direction. What do you think?"

It's a lot better approach than the common "What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you say something like that?"

great work with this young person, fam. getting an upset student to redirect their words and thoughts in the middle of a manic or angry episode is not easy. hopefully it’s a conversation you and her can continue to build from.

i’m currently working with a 9th grader who is displaying some flashes of emotional disturbance with how quickly she’s triggered by peers’ comments (not about her) or how perceives another student’s glances. she’s a fire cracker with the shortest fuse possible. i might try a similar strategy you implemented.

Disney and spectrum better figure this thing out before week 1 starts or I might have to bite the bullet and get the Xfinity box I’ve been trying to avoid for the past year.

Damn I’m at my spot and my homie might have found a human skull. Called the police and they sent a bunch of cops, the sheriff, a crime scene crew, and some forest ranger dudes. They won’t let us leave yet, but I wanna fish! Got 2 rainbows so far haha

Not letting this post/series of posts hide in it's original thread.

Ain't no way I would call the police in that situation. :lol:

Actually the Family Feud was more entertaining when every woman would kiss Richard Dawson on the lips, peep Game Show Network or Buzzr

Back
Top Bottom