The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Batman today for brunch by the water.

Attachments

• IMG_5804.JPG
    IMG_5804.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
Got to try this on earlier. Surprised it wears so well -just a tad too thick for my taste. And the display back clashes with the dial. Pass.
20727971_10155111159658736_2430796775677152976_n.jpg

I bought a Skx with the intentions to mod it, haven't touched it besides putting a super oyster bracelet on it. Been thinking about buying a second to tinker with.

I had a couple of Seiko 7002s that I modded. After tinkering with them (one had a double-dome sapphire crystal and coke bezel and new hands; the other a BLNR style bezel with flat sapphire crystal with an aftermarket replacement dial), I figured the money's better spent on just getting a Prospex that has much better quality to begin with :lol:

zk1mpls zk1mpls If you don't mind me asking, what that run you? Also what is the mm dial? Looks good on wrist.

Around $2750 after shipping and duties. Definitely overpaid since it wasn't a full set, but the others on sale that were complete with box and papers were much more beat up than this one.

35.5mm case size excluding the pushers. The lugs are about 44mm long so it wears decently. 18mm interhorn width. I have a 7" wrist.

zk1mpls zk1mpls - where did you pick that up? It's beautiful
eBay. Overbid a bit, but it all ended well lol.

Tried this on the other day at the nearby Rolex AD. I just had to have cold feet (wrist? lol) about it... Already sold. :frown: #feelsbatman :lol:

sScU6A2.jpg

Nice but I prefer the newer one with the lime on the numerals by far

The lume makes the numbers look boxier than this one. I would've wanted the all the indices to light up at night though. Can't have it all. But for the $1600 price difference from new I'll just avoid the dark! :lol: The original owner essentially lost $100 a month since he's owned it (it's only 16-months since he bought it). I'm happy with it. Should spare the Speedy of some beating now. Lol.

EDIT: Just slapped it on a Rubber B band. Pricey but works well. Fits like a glove.
9TYmSBz.jpg

bht9hwq.jpg

Last edited:
^ Congrats on the purchase. Really love my Speedy. With that said, I'm actually trying to flip mine soon. :lol: An opportunity just came up to get something even better. :wink:

^ Congrats on the purchase. Really love my Speedy. With that said, I'm actually trying to flip mine soon. :lol: An opportunity just came up to get something even better. :wink:

Thanks, what is it that you've got your eyes set on? If you dont mind me asking.

Another Speedmaster. Hopefully you guys will see soon enough :wink:

Hint: It's included in the lineup shown in the 60th anniversary poster :D

li1udgE.jpg

J5I9k

Just flipped the SBGJ001 to a buddy of mine. Surprisingly found its replacement in short order: the SBGA011. :lol: Getting the old dial version is starting to become difficult, but I'm fortunate to get a good deal for a used piece. A little banged up from its previous owner, still debating whether to get it serviced in Japan or not after it being used for a few years -it's still running at +10 seconds/month! :wow: Dat Spring Drive sweep! Looking forward to enjoying this one for years to come.
PgC6JLB.jpg

56bd92d8-e19b-4f61-9660-aae679b1f505
PgC6JLB

36765252576_229e23859d_b.jpg

Also, my Speedy almost gone. I better get rid of that one soon... the replacement is already on its way! Way to shake up the collection in such a short period of time. :lol:

Last edited:
Replaced it with vacation lol.

Yup, great combo with the no-date 114060.
IMG_1777.JPG

I'm considering being in the market for one of these 2 watches soon. If not the speedster, than a seamaster.

I know the Speedmaster is comparable to a Daytona rather than the Sub, but whatevs.

How do you like the 2 in comparison? Which do you prefer or a more regular basis?

I'm considering being in the market for one of these 2 watches soon. If not the speedster, than a seamaster.

I know the Speedmaster is comparable to a Daytona rather than the Sub, but whatevs.

How do you like the 2 in comparison? Which do you prefer or a more regular basis?

Depends on your lifestyle. The Speedy can take a beating for sure, but if you plan on going swimming/diving/getting significantly wet, go for the Seamaster/Submariner. The Speedmaster's water resistance is depressing. The Navitimer's even worse (3 bar). Not really using either over here this time of the year. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom