The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

giphy.gif

72DEA590-D7CD-4570-86CC-D14089A6CF67.jpeg
Never been much of a watch guy until lately... Businessman that I have been working with for the past couple of weeks noticed I didn't have a timepiece on during a consult... He asked a few questions as to why and what I was looking at... Mentioned Dan Henry and his collection to start off ... This past Monday he has a sitdown with me... Tells me a story about his first gift to himself.... Then hands over a Datejust 16234 Blue Roman Dial... Went to hand it back and tells me its time to add a new chapter to the timepieces story... Excited to see what stories I can add to it... Will post a pic tomorrow.

Last edited:
Figured this would be the best place to ask, anyone have experience with Bulova brand pieces. I'm currently in the market for an inexpensive watch below 1200, I was focusing on Movado but I found a Bulova watch for an excellent price. Any opinions would be appreciated, especially for owners after the Citizen took over

For $1200 you have a ton of choices, especially on the grey or used market. You have to give more information regarding your watch preferences, look at the first post. Don't buy a Movado, overpriced. Bulova makes good watches, don't pay retail. For Swiss time pieces look into Hamilton, Tissot, Certina, Oris, Mido, Rado, Victorinox, Eterna. Also take a look at Seikos and Orients. Skip Shinola, Daniel Wellington, MVMT.

Was looking at a Breitling Cockpit 50 Night Mission at first, but ultimately found it too big. And I figured the charging thing will bug me eventually. Decided to pull the trigger on the other one I've been eyeing on instead. Passing on the new Polaris now :lol:
40438695625_df8ec305c6_b.jpg

Family photo
27462910898_e4059be2f6_b.jpg

Last edited:
1F76E7DA-BD17-428C-989E-EEF7E1B28CB2.jpeg
Sold my 14060M last week as prices have been rising and with Rolex limiting supply I was shocked to walk into one of my AD’s and she hit me with a “well I’ve got a sub in the back”
Tried it on and boom it came home. Never selling this one. Still on the hunt for my aquanaut

Attachments

• 5003CA65-3118-4126-B939-E3049591CAB8.jpeg
    5003CA65-3118-4126-B939-E3049591CAB8.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 4
Dang, I would have kept the 14060m

Yea I agonized over it but I’m getting older and want something a little less rugged. That 14060 went around the world with me. Time to pass it on. I was heartbroken only until I got offered the 114060. Haven’t thought of it since. Besides. A 40% return on something you enjoyed ain’t bad!

Dang, I would have kept the 14060m
thats the all stainless right? no ceramic?

I love the ceramic no dates. might be the best everyday rolex. something about the symmetry with no datewheel is cleaner to me.

Though of course, having a date wheel is useful :lol:

thats the all stainless right? no ceramic?

I love the ceramic no dates. might be the best everyday rolex. something about the symmetry with no datewheel is cleaner to me.

Though of course, having a date wheel is useful :lol:

Yea, it’s the stainless no date w/ aluminum bezel and the thin tapered lugs. I thought I would like the supercase, but the 14060/m is just so sleek and classy. Perfect size imo

Yea I agonized over it but I’m getting older and want something a little less rugged. That 14060 went around the world with me. Time to pass it on. I was heartbroken only until I got offered the 114060. Haven’t thought of it since. Besides. A 40% return on something you enjoyed ain’t bad!

At least you enjoyed it. Just dont regret it down the road.

Yea, it’s the stainless no date w/ aluminum bezel and the thin tapered lugs. I thought I would like the supercase, but the 14060/m is just so sleek and classy. Perfect size imo

At least you enjoyed it. Just dont regret it down the road.

If we’re being honest. As soon as a recession hits lll be looking to buy back.

I'm always debating on selling my SubC date, especially with prices on the rise lately. Then it rains hard... I'm all good with it again. :lol:

I somewhat surprised that the NT watch aficionados don't wear bracelets with their time pieces & such.

Most of the watch guys I personally know have a collection of different bracelets they wear with various watches...

images
images

i try not to wear bracelets with the watches because it can scratch the case, those crown guards are polished too

I don't like it unless the watch is on an alternative band/strap (nato, rubber, leather)

a full SS/metal band with bracelets looks like overkill imo

Back
Top Bottom