The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

Originally Posted by Oskar Kokoshka

Why the hell would Buffon go to City?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They're more likely to win something this year than Juve
laugh.gif
True enough, but I don't ever see that man leaving Italy.

i don't know,but does Italians generally prefer to play in their own country(or stay away from England)?
i hardly see any outstanding Italians playing in the Premiership - Zola and Di Matteo were probably the last two i could remember...

i did a quick check and found that these are the only Italian players who are currently playing for clubs in the Premier League:

Arsenal - Vito Mannone
Chelsea - Fabio Borini
Liverpool - Alberto Aquilani(currently on loan at Juventus)
Man City - Mario Balotelli
Man Utd - Federico Macheda
Tottenham - Carlo Cudicini
West Ham - Alessandro Diamanti

^ sadly though,none of them are 1st team regulars...

i don't know,but does Italians generally prefer to play in their own country(or stay away from England)?
i hardly see any outstanding Italians playing in the Premiership - Zola and Di Matteo were probably the last two i could remember...

i did a quick check and found that these are the only Italian players who are currently playing for clubs in the Premier League:

Arsenal - Vito Mannone
Chelsea - Fabio Borini

Looks like Arsenal completed the Sebastien Squillaci deal with Sevilla. Looks like a pretty good signing. Hopefully we can get him in and adjusted the premier league as fast as possible. Now we need a GK and maaybe a CDM although I love Song in that role.

Looks like Arsenal completed the Sebastien Squillaci deal with Sevilla. Looks like a pretty good signing. Hopefully we can get him in and adjusted the premier league as fast as possible. Now we need a GK and maaybe a CDM although I love Song in that role.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Arsenal - Vito Mannone
Chelsea - Fabio Borini

It's not just Italians who prefer to play in their country though. You wont find too many German, English or Spanish players playing abroad because their leagues are very good. I think one of the key things to having a strong domestic league is not just producing home grown talent but also keeping those players around when they hit their primes. Keeping those players around also greatly benefits the national team and its no surprise that almost all of Spain's 2010 team and Italy's 2006 team played domestically. The Italian league has always been good, why would players want to leave? Balotelli looks like a major exception though...when was the last time a major Italian talent like him left to play abroad?
Looks like Arsenal completed the Sebastien Squillaci deal with Sevilla.Looks like a pretty good signing. Hopefully we can get him in andadjusted the premier league as fast as possible. Now we need a GK andmaaybe a CDM although I love Song in that role.
Yeah, it looks like Squillaci is joining Arsenal in the coming days and they said that Arsenal are close to agreeing with Fulham on bringing in Schwarzer. Arsenal also need a CDM to back up Song but there hasn't been much talk in the press about Wenger looking to fill that void.

Lionel Messi
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Arsenal - Vito Mannone
Chelsea - Fabio Borini

It's not just Italians who prefer to play in their country though. You wont find too many German, English or Spanish players playing abroad because their leagues are very good. I think one of the key things to having a strong domestic league is not just producing home grown talent but also keeping those players around when they hit their primes. Keeping those players around also greatly benefits the national team and its no surprise that almost all of Spain's 2010 team and Italy's 2006 team played domestically. The Italian league has always been good, why would players want to leave? Balotelli looks like a major exception though...when was the last time a major Italian talent like him left to play abroad?
Looks like Arsenal completed the Sebastien Squillaci deal with Sevilla.Looks like a pretty good signing. Hopefully we can get him in andadjusted the premier league as fast as possible. Now we need a GK andmaaybe a CDM although I love Song in that role.
Yeah, it looks like Squillaci is joining Arsenal in the coming days and they said that Arsenal are close to agreeing with Fulham on bringing in Schwarzer. Arsenal also need a CDM to back up Song but there hasn't been much talk in the press about Wenger looking to fill that void.

Lionel Messi
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

.It's not just Italians who prefer to play in their country though. You wont find too many German, English or Spanish players playing abroad because their leagues are very good. I think one of the key things to having a strong domestic league is not just producing home grown talent but also keeping those players around when they hit their primes. Keeping those players around also greatly benefits the national team and its no surprise that almost all of Spain's 2010 team and Italy's 2006 team played domestically. The Italian league has always been good, why would players want to leave? Balotelli looks like a major exception though...when was the last time a major Italian talent like him left to play abroad?

So  true, I wish south American leagues in Brasil and Argentina would make an stronger effort to keep their players. 8/23 of Brasil, and only  one of Argentina's  players play  domestically.
frown.gif
Kudos  to Neymar for  staying.
Also,  it appears that Liverpool is going to attempt to bring Salcido in
happy.gif

.It's not just Italians who prefer to play in their country though. You wont find too many German, English or Spanish players playing abroad because their leagues are very good. I think one of the key things to having a strong domestic league is not just producing home grown talent but also keeping those players around when they hit their primes. Keeping those players around also greatly benefits the national team and its no surprise that almost all of Spain's 2010 team and Italy's 2006 team played domestically. The Italian league has always been good, why would players want to leave? Balotelli looks like a major exception though...when was the last time a major Italian talent like him left to play abroad?

So  true, I wish south American leagues in Brasil and Argentina would make an stronger effort to keep their players. 8/23 of Brasil, and only  one of Argentina's  players play  domestically.
frown.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

frown.gif
happy.gif
I think Argentinian, Brazilian, South American, African clubs etc really want to keep their great players but they simply cant afford to. These guys are making insane amounts of money in Europe and the rest of the world cant compete financially.

There's no way in he.ll Neymar's gonna stay with Santos for 5-years. The 5-year extension was a good move for Neymar and Santos...he signed an extension that'll guarantee him some financial stability over the next 5-years and giving Neymar a 5-year contract increases the amount of money a club will have to offer Santos to buy him. The second he gets an offer that interests him, he'll be on the first flight to Europe and Santos will bank 30+ million Euros. I think he did not join Chelsea because he saw how several South American stars have struggled in England over the years and he probably felt he'd be a better fit in Spain or Italy.

I think international soccer in general would be more exciting if smaller/poorer countries could afford to keep their star players domestically. It's hard to build a competitive national team when you have a bunch of players scattered all over the world who come together for 1-2 days every few months to play a match before returning back to their clubs.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

frown.gif
happy.gif
I think Argentinian, Brazilian, South American, African clubs etc really want to keep their great players but they simply cant afford to. These guys are making insane amounts of money in Europe and the rest of the world cant compete financially.

There's no way in he.ll Neymar's gonna stay with Santos for 5-years. The 5-year extension was a good move for Neymar and Santos...he signed an extension that'll guarantee him some financial stability over the next 5-years and giving Neymar a 5-year contract increases the amount of money a club will have to offer Santos to buy him. The second he gets an offer that interests him, he'll be on the first flight to Europe and Santos will bank 30+ million Euros. I think he did not join Chelsea because he saw how several South American stars have struggled in England over the years and he probably felt he'd be a better fit in Spain or Italy.

I think international soccer in general would be more exciting if smaller/poorer countries could afford to keep their star players domestically. It's hard to build a competitive national team when you have a bunch of players scattered all over the world who come together for 1-2 days every few months to play a match before returning back to their clubs.

Joe Hart 
eek.gif

Given is so not getting his spot back... time for a loan.

EDIT ~ Lol... 'pool down 0-3.

Joe Hart 
eek.gif

Given is so not getting his spot back... time for a loan.

EDIT ~ Lol... 'pool down 0-3.

Mascherano told Liverpool straight up today he wont play for them again. It looks like he'll be a Barcelona player very soon.

Shay Given is one of the best GKs in the Premiership. I'd love to see him play for Arsenal but apparently Man City are unwilling to sell him to any club that has a good chance of qualifying to Europe next season.

Mascherano told Liverpool straight up today he wont play for them again. It looks like he'll be a Barcelona player very soon.

Shay Given is one of the best GKs in the Premiership. I'd love to see him play for Arsenal but apparently Man City are unwilling to sell him to any club that has a good chance of qualifying to Europe next season.

Back
Top Bottom