The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

On Fletcher, I'm not sure if they have diagnosed him but I know Fergie has mentioned it could be career ending. Having Vidic back as the Vidic of old is the big thing. Depending on how he deals with his injury and if he plays through fear and precaution, he will be fine. We still need replacements for aging center backs though.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

On Fletcher, I'm not sure if they have diagnosed him but I know Fergie has mentioned it could be career ending. Having Vidic back as the Vidic of old is the big thing. Depending on how he deals with his injury and if he plays through fear and precaution, he will be fine. We still need replacements for aging center backs though.

yeah, i guess we will just wait and see with fletch, we have cleverley coming back healthy as well.

but on our center back situation i feel the complete opposite, we have jones, smalling, and evans i mean i dont think we have much to worry about there. all of them are young and have been playing with the first team for damn near the whole season...we also have fryers coming up as well..cb is actually one of few positions i feel we are most comfortable as of right now..we need to secure the most important part of the pitch in todays football and thats the center of the park in midfield.

A close friend (ardent United supporter) was telling me today that Fergie may be targeting Subotic and Lewandowski from BVB as well after scouting Kagawa in-depth. 

i knew it, personally i thought it would be city, also, i really cant see hulk going to chelsea at this point, im really hoping if united are gonna sign kagawa they get it done quick.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

A close friend (ardent United supporter) was telling me today that Fergie may be targeting Subotic and Lewandowski from BVB as well after scouting Kagawa in-depth. 

Unlikely now.  His manager said he's not going anywhere, after reports of SAF looking into him. 

Originally Posted by tonton32

yeah, i guess we will just wait and see with fletch, we have cleverley coming back healthy as well.

but on our center back situation i feel the complete opposite, we have jones, smalling, and evans i mean i dont think we have much to worry about there. all of them are young and have been playing with the first team for damn near the whole season...we also have fryers coming up as well..cb is actually one of few positions i feel we are most comfortable as of right now..we need to secure the most important part of the pitch in todays football and thats the center of the park in midfield.

1) Fletch doesn't look like recovering anytime soon...
frown.gif
 United certainly missed his pressing influence in midfield this season...

2) frankly,i'm not too confident about our central defence going into next season...
Evans surprisingly filled in well for Vidic this season but Rio's performances have dipped since he had that back injury - dude's not even one of the best CB in the league anymore...
Jones can do the job at RB or DM,but dude moves up way too much and too often whenever he's at CB...he's no Steve Bruce
laugh.gif

for me,only Smalling remains a good cover in the absence of Vidic...
and Utd still have no solid RB and someone who'd give competition to Evra,especially with Fabio going off to Benfica on loan next season...
i was hoping Utd would snag Van Der Wiel but last i heard he's on his way to Stamford Bridge...

on a side note,how many players have United "lost" to Chelsea?
Robben
Essien
Hazard
and who can forget this guy:

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by tonton32

1) Fletch doesn't look like recovering anytime soon...
frown.gif
 United certainly missed his pressing influence in midfield this season...

2) frankly,i'm not too confident about our central defence going into next season...
Evans surprisingly filled in well for Vidic this season but Rio's performances have dipped since he had that back injury - dude's not even one of the best CB in the league anymore...
Jones can do the job at RB or DM,but dude moves up way too much and too often whenever he's at CB...he's no Steve Bruce
laugh.gif

for me,only Smalling remains a good cover in the absence of Vidic...
and Utd still have no solid RB and someone who'd give competition to Evra,especially with Fabio going off to Benfica on loan next season...
i was hoping Utd would snag Van Der Wiel but last i heard he's on his way to Stamford Bridge...

on a side note,how many players have United "lost" to Chelsea?
Robben
Essien
Hazard
and who can forget this guy:

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
Raphael is still around. And he's a RB. 
He's actually better than Fabio.  

Raphael just needs a bit more time, plus injury killed this season for him.

Kalou is looking to head to Schalke. 
Kagawa heading to United is close to wrapping up. 

Wenger looks to Nigel de Jong as the M'Vila transfer cools down. 

Yakubu vows to leave Blackburn (I think he should join Sunderland/ QPR / Norwich)

United looking to sign Nick Powell (from Crewe)

Barca made an enquiry into Ivanovic. (Interesting since City are looking into Dani Alvez. 

SAF should pick up M'Vila 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Kalou is looking to head to Schalke. 

I love this trange transfer rumours.
roll.gif

Emre to Atletico Madrid.
Gareth Barry injured and will miss Euro 2012.
Rangnick in talks with West Brom.
Hierro quits as Malaga manager.
Monti proposed a break for italian football.

after thinking about it, chelsea have signed 3 left sided players since january, and a central midfielder, i wonder what they will look like next year

wow i feel exactly the opposite about our side to be honest..i feel no worries with evans and smalling..and jones will continue to grow as a player, and lets not forget he was signed as a cb.
as for rb rafa played fantastic throughout the tail end of the season..the story with him and his brother was they have raw talent but just need minutes. He will get minutes at rb next season and he will get better in time, bet.

defense to me is fine, we need more help in the middle, and a bit more help up front maybe unless kiko steps up.

eiddyfouw- raphael is injured every season though..

we deff need a LB and another RB, wouldnt mind a central Def as well.. but between smalling, evans, rio, vidic, and poss jones.. im not too hard pressed.. like keep uppie said fletcher is not a guarantee, keep hearing kawaga will sign soon but we all know how this goes.. I think chelsea would be dumb to spend that kind of money on hulk (50 mil) when you have players like cavani or falcao out there, also ppl keep forgetting they have a huge tank of a forward in lukaku (SP?), who with some decent time i can see coming into that drogba roll.. im also curious as to how this mf is gonna work for chelsea.. seem really stacked.. hopefully all this spending will force the glazers to give fergie more funds..

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

after thinking about it, chelsea have signed 3 left sided players since january, and a central midfielder, i wonder what they will look like next year

4-2-3-1
Cole-Terry-Luiz/Cahil-Ivanovic

Ramires-Mikel

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Torres

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by beans718

we deff need a LB and another RB, wouldnt mind a central Def as well.. but between smalling, evans, rio, vidic, and poss jones.. im not too hard pressed.. like keep uppie said fletcher is not a guarantee, keep hearing kawaga will sign soon but we all know how this goes.. I think chelsea would be dumb to spend that kind of money on hulk (50 mil) when you have players like cavani or falcao out there, also ppl keep forgetting they have a huge tank of a forward in lukaku (SP?), who with some decent time i can see coming into that drogba roll.. im also curious as to how this mf is gonna work for chelsea.. seem really stacked.. hopefully all this spending will force the glazers to give fergie more funds..
That's all we can hope for now
frown.gif
. I'd like to see Kagawa, Modric, (setting the pace of the midfield) M'Vila?  To fill that Scholes type of role, and maybe a Subotic.  Then I guess 1 other striker for depth...
If we could get rid of Anderson, Park, and possibly Fletcher due to illness, maybe that can help with new wages.

I agree, Raphael is consistent injured.  

I agree with someone in here calling for a new LB.  Honestly watching Evra last season, there were some COSTLY mistakes from him. I'm not saying replace him yet....but it's time to groom someone under him.

Lukaku will be loaned apparently...I think Stoke or Sunderland, which would be great for him.
Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

4-2-3-1

Ramires-Mikel

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Torres

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

...Also my fellow Gooners, I was looking at reserve highlights yesterday and I must say that Ozyakup and Eisfeld really caught my eye. I think Arsenal has a good handful of younger players who have potential. I would imagine that those two are among the people that continue to play within the reserves again, some Carling Cup games and loaned out. 

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

4-2-3-1

Ramires-Mikel

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Torres

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

man, with or without hulk they still can fill that spot with marko marin or daniel sturridge...plus on the bench they will have the likes of Romeu, lampsy, and McEachran

sick.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_McEachran

Bayern Munich have agreed terms with Edin Dzeko over a move to the Allianz Arena but are yet to agree a fee with Manchester City for the striker, according to German broadcaster Sport1.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

That's all we can hope for now
frown.gif
. I'd like to see Kagawa, Modric, (setting the pace of the midfield) M'Vila?  To fill that Scholes type of role, and maybe a Subotic.  Then I guess 1 other striker for depth...
If we could get rid of Anderson, Park, and possibly Fletcher due to illness, maybe that can help with new wages.

I agree, Raphael is consistent injured.  

I agree with someone in here calling for a new LB.  Honestly watching Evra last season, there were some COSTLY mistakes from him. I'm not saying replace him yet....but it's time to groom someone under him.
i wonder if anyone is looking into Jordi Alba ... wouldnt mind seeing him at old trafford

Our central midfield has needed revamping for about 3 seasons now, Carrick is +#%*, Anderson isn't cutting it, Fletcher can't do it by himself, and Scholes is old. If you watch all of our games, you see that many of them are lost in the midfield. Hopefully Fergie gets some new central mids this season... Our defense is decent, we have talent on the wings, and our forwards are generally solid.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Carrick is +#%*

alien.gif

This is such a ridiculous statement I don't even know what to say considering it's been made by a United fan, but unfortunately this sort of attitude is prevalent in English football. It's the same attitude that has led to the overrated likes of Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, et al being constantly preferred to Carrick and the great Paul Scholes. 
Just look at the title race this season. There was a significant difference in quality between City and United, but United were able to grind out a record amount of points because they were usually able to control the flow of play through the midfield due to Carrick's passing and positioning. Without him City walks the league. He is one of the best English midfielders out there. It astounds me that so many cannot recognize, appreciate, and admire his subtle talents - including the newly appointed England manager. No doubt it's the same philistines who consider Barcelona to be "boring." 
Can't wait to watch Hodgson's England play his trusty old 4-4-2, and repeatedly lump the ball forward to Andy Carroll in the hopes of mounting an attack. I expect they'll be passed off the park by one of the tournament minnows, and suffer another early exit. Should be fun. 

/rant

I'll never understand the disdain for Carrick among United and England supporters. He's a good player that does ALL the little things that most fans don't notice.

Back
Top Bottom