The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
Seriously I could go online and make it myself on custom ink for like 25 :lol: these labels be wilding smh

Abel is my dude, but I'm not feeling "Belong to the world" at all. Everything else is blue magic tho

Last edited:
Abel is my dude, but I'm not feeling "Belong to the world" at all. Everything else is blue magic tho
I feel you. I feel like I don't like this track simply because everything else he's put out has been classic. Overall, it's decent. The content is there but the way it comes out isn't particularly awesome. 

If most of the tracks from Kissland are in this vein I will be disappoint. I'm optimistic though it'll be more like Kissland/John Carpenter 

Last edited:
Love in the Sky snippet is out!

Sounds GODLY!!!
smokin.gif

Last edited:
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I'm always getting high cus my confidence low
And I'm always in a rush ain't no time to **** slow

I got that ***** in control!!!

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Til we overdose, b.

^^^ for real man. This is the direction I wanted for the album. BTTW had me worried.

With other artist I feel like if they're stagnant dont grow, I get tired of the repetitive themes quick....

This dude, I feel like as long as he keeps hitting those high notes, dark beats, drugged up nights... I could listen to the format for the rest of my life.

Im gonna hold out till album drops. It will be 1000x more epic listening to all the songs for the first time......all at once, high/drunk as ****, maybe even while getting dome or yambs :wow: :wow: :evil:

Last edited:
Hmmmm. You guys are feelin this eh, I wanted to be thrilled but I think I need a few more listens. This hits me like BTTW, I dig the content and the beat but the delivery leaves something to be desired.. compared to everything else he put out previously. 

Last edited:
Just my .02, I feel like BTTW was more cookie cutter. That's the best way I can describe it. In a lot of his other tracks, it's like he went in after being high/drunk and just let loose on some ad-lib type stuff. 

Now don't get me wrong, BTTW's content and beat I definitely dug just the way it came out, I didn't get the same epic vibe I usually get. In most of his tracks there's this climax and a build up to it and it just puts you in this crazy mood. Didn't quite get that with BTTW. I still listen to it constantly though.

Last edited:
Love in the sky is amazing. Top 10 produced Abel song easily, when I first heard it, I didn't like it, but I tried it again, song's amazing

Back
Top Bottom