The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I didn't think the track was whack upon first listen; I didn't know what to think.

But now I freaking love this ****! Someone mentioned this track was like a victory lap & I couldn't agree more.

Infallible....it continues.

And I wouldn't worry about dude's subject matter becoming ratchet. He's always had ratchet subject matter.

Last edited:
After a few listens the track is aight. I just heard Often the other day tho. I'm feelin it
glasses.gif

I still fox with Wanderlust.

They're in love with this idea of love
It's a shame that they believe it'll come

Good God, the depth to what that man said and damnit if that **** just doesn't summarize the current generation's attitudes towards romance and love. :smh:

Last edited:
KOTF is flames, he skated.. How quickly it started leads me to believe it'll be the 2nd part to a track :nerd:

Last edited:
Oddly enough, I walked into Macy's in Queens today & they had Wanderlust (remix) playing.

I've never heard his music played anywhere.

Think Doc tweeted they were going to hell for the next batch of music they released. A few months back.

I feel like Weeknd's R&B has really taken a hit from a songwriting perspective.

I agree with dude's sentiment about Weeknd's vulgarity, but that's been there since day 1. Never was an issue. The issue, is that it used to be tasteful, and woven into a well written song.

But now, It's as if the Ratchet R&B wave has touched him and his subject matter and writing isn't nearly as poignant as it used to be. It's as if his content mirrors the Algust Asina's, TY$'s, TeeFLii's, and PND's type of R&B that they do.

His music used to be so much more sophisticated than his past few releases and features have been. Hopefully on the next project his songwriting returns to form.

This is not true at all. Kiss Land is his last project and all of those tracks are REAL songs. Not freestyles not quick verses legitimately professionally written songs. Weeknd didnt Lil Wayne a record on Kissland he sat down and wrote beautiful lyrics. All those songs have meaning. Hell are we forgetting dude skated on Im Good??? Im curious at what songs you are talking about, remixs? I feel like the stuff after triloogy that were actual songs ie Enemy, the bonus tracks, kiss land proved why he isnt like the artist you mentioned.

Hell did we forget about this classic verse? the emotion.

Last edited:
Fickle *** "fans", placing him in a box. Let dude cook. I swear, some of y'all are looking too much into it. It just sounds like he's just having fun with it right now and letting us hear it for FREE.

Back
Top Bottom