The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I occasionally skip The Morning and The Knowing, just because I may not feel like hearing them at the moment.

But the only song I'd say that I even come close to disliking of his is King of the Fall, and even that gets plays once in a while.
you done lost ya got damn mind man.

Y'all ___s love reacting to opinions.

I've been listening to them songs for almost four years now, and actually over four years now in the case of The Morning (it was in this three song .zip that was on the OVO blog the November or December before HOB dropped), and they never captured me like the rest of the tape.

Still play the hell out of them, I just have to be in a certain zone to.

Replacing the 'o's in my name with ':stoneface: 's was funny though :lol:

A lot of yall get super offended by the different tracks WE ALL seem to not vibe with for whatever reason

Weird but I'm passionate about the movement too I guess

For the life of me, I will never understand how people don't hold more reverence for Heaven or Las Vegas. That track is perfection, b.
sick.gif
Tell them more bruh they need hear to it. 
mean.gif

Heaven or Las Vegas, if there's ever been a song title more fitting in relation to the ambiance of the track you'd have to point it out for me. 

Only song of his I actually ever literally skip is Echoes of Silence. Whether I'm listening to the catalog on shuffle or at the tail end of the EOS album, it never seems to quite fit in for me. No tempo, too slow. I also might skip Live For every now and then. 
I'm forever indebted to him for Heaven or Las Vegas... First time I heard it I was running late on my way back from lunch, had to go ahead and be an additional 15 minutes late because I ran it back two more times as I ****'d down damn near every half way decent women that passed.... with my eyes. 
pimp.gif

I would go to trial and make the case this is his best song even if I knew I was wrong as ninjahood.

Last edited:
I never commented on it earlier, but I feel the same way about "Where You Belong" as Quint did in that video :lol:

The knowing is my favorite song he has done. The video made me love it even more. How can you skip that song?!?

Anyone care to elaborate on the Knowing video? I haven't seen it in a minute, but I don't recall it having a resounding effect on me.

Where you Belong got me wanting to call my ex and tell her i'm ready to stop acting like a savage
mean.gif

Edit: He's Back
roll.gif
This cat is hilarious dog 
laugh.gif

He really did the shimmy against that furniture, TEARS!

Last edited:
Anyone care to elaborate on the Knowing video? I haven't seen it in a minute, but I don't recall it having a resounding effect on me.
Breh that **** makes sense in pockets but other than that pretty sure it was just all theater

To me it was an amazing track but like someone else said, I am rarely in the mood to play it

Breh that **** makes sense in pockets but other than that pretty sure it was just all theater

To me it was an amazing track but like someone else said, I am rarely in the mood to play it

From what i recall some one on KTT broke it down.

There is a Nigerian Ethiopian tie to the vid. The dictator in the beginning has some famous story about him that ties in but i forget what it is

But the literal stuff i remember
Abel is the emperor of the planet he lives on
Female wants to take over his planet. She goes to the devil to get help. He multiplies her.
But Abel goes and sees the alien for help and he knows what she is up to.

So she shows up with 3 of her and he has to pick the right one. If he wins he gets to eff her and if he loses she gets his throne.

But Abel knows everything. Pics the correct chick out and gets to smash her.
She gets pissed and the planets end up splitting she gets her half and he gets his (which equally are full planets now)

She then gets her cronies to go try to steal his heart
The goons kill his guard and take Abel's heart.
They return the heart to her and she tries to smash it with the hammer but it breaks the hammer.

She realizes that she can't with this battle. Her planet starts to crumble and right before she falls in the hole Abel grabs her arm...but decides to let her go.

All this playing into the song that he knew everything all along. And he didn't need her the whole time but he liked her. She thought she was being sly coming up with all these plans but he knew everything and it made him sad. She thought he would miss her and that she was so important to him while she messed around. But in the end he just let her go

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom