The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Apple Music is a streaming service like Spotify & Tidal. Whole album is on there. 9.99/month but they all have 1 month or 3 month trials.

iTunes is just where you buy music (store) or put your own music (library)

Just saw the "Tell your friends about it" video for the first time. Following the video, I googled "who's the creepy white guy in the weeknd's videos", out of curiosity, as I keep seeing that dude pop in the weekend's vids.

Slightly mind blown by what I read.

:smh:

Just saw the "Tell your friends about it" video for the first time. Following the video, I googled "who's the creepy white guy in the weeknd's videos", out of curiosity, as I keep seeing that dude pop in the weekend's vids.

Slightly mind blown by what I read.

mean.gif

Fill us in.
^ This, think I have an idea but haven't read into it
C'mon bruh don't leave us in suspense.

I like the first story the best & wondered about that older guy. Out of curiosity I wonder how he found him before the video shoot. He fits well in a non typical way

C.Magneto C.Magneto
Your thoughts??

I know your part of the Aliens,2012,Spirituality fam.

Lots of imagery in these new vids.

Just more money to express the narrative that was already there in his mind.

I think a lot of times people forget he's a big movie fan and how he's incorporated a lot of that into his art.
Ex: Blade runner being a huge influence for Kissland.

I'd say the majority of people that watch movies go just to be entertained not realizing there is a science to the process. If you point out certain things they'll say there just coincidences, you're looking too deep into it blah blah not realizing that there are archetypal themes directors try to cleverly implement like any artist would in their craft.

As far as this new stuff, I believe they're trying to attach antiquated religious dogma to an up and coming artist to try and maintain the judeochristian paradigm.

Because most people have never studied the occult, or "illuminati" it's easy for them to sweep it under the rug with rest of the devil propaganda they've been taught and like I said sustain a system of a good vs evil, God vs the devil, etc

It's all energy man, and mythology/allegory gives the conscious mind some tangibility to these different energies in our life when trying to construct and understand the nature of the psyche. The archetypal "devil" is just as integral as the "God" character. One can't exist with out the other.

Do I think there are people in Hollywood who serve as check points for the higher an artist goes? Sure. But they're given way too much credit and its predicated on a fear based system clothed in ignorance.

If you fall victim for the illuminati/Satan okie-dope
You're missing the beauty of the story that's really being told.

Just my opinion tho.

Wish me luck gents. 2 day rave this weekend with a girl I have dark history with. She also just broke up with her man. Got a hotel and street pharmaceuticals. She's coming today but couldn't come yesterday. Yesterday I took a different girl. They know nothing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom