The xx - Coexist.... releases 9-11!!!!!!!Official Thread

smhi bumped the old thread looking for info on them. gonna look into their first album then this, hearing good things about them

Hate to be that guy (not really), but this was painfully boring. Then again, I thought that about their debut album, too. Production way too minimalistic, dull and emotionless vocals (especially from that male vocalist, the female is alright, I guess), and the lyrics are nothing to write home about from what I can tell. I tried, but I'm gonna have to accept the fact they're not for me and pass on any of their future projects. I can't put myself through another one of their albums.

I actually used to think the same way. In the first album, I thought "Intro" was the most bearable song to listen to because I didn't have to hear the monotonous vocals (besides the harmonizing towards the end) but it's either that it's really late and I enjoy the morosity of the new album or it really is a lot better than I thought it would be. I'm leaning towards the latter :D

BTW my favorite track so far on Coexist is "Sunset"

Last edited:
The way "Sunset" starts is amazing to me. Not to say that the song isn't amazing, but I wish the whole song sounded like that lol.

Finally got around to buying this and listening to it, I love it. Not as good as the first but I was expecting it too but it's still a great record.

oJust dl the album. Never heard of the band till i saw this thread. Needless to say thanks nt for putting me on and expanding my musical horizons. Tides :smokin

Last edited:
very good, I have a new favorite song every week. Although it isn't as good as XX in my opinion, but still it's better then most music of the year.
Love their minimalistic approach, the intimacy they convey along with very simple yet complex and exciting beats.

album is amazing. i feel like you if you truly love music you love the xx.

there songs are full of emotion.

angels is.. pardon my feminine vocab but... "one of the most beautiful songs i've heard in a while" straight hypnotizing.

i listen to this **** practically whenever i need to zone out or on my way to work, get off work, w/e

I like the album, but I wish this album had a "VCR"-level song. Man, I still love the **** out of that song. Used to :pimp: to it and just zone out.

Back
Top Bottom