Thee Official LeBron James = Scottie Pippen and Dywane Wade = Michael Jordan for the 2011 Finals

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by doyung9

I never ever want to hear LeBron James compared to Michael Jordan again unless we're debating who killed the Cavaliers franchise in more devastating fashion.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

I never ever want to hear LeBron James compared to Michael Jordan again unless we're debating who killed the Cavaliers franchise in more devastating fashion.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Exactly....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Exactly....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bigballa8716

Here's my two cents on this subject....

LeBron no doubt, is one of the most talented players in the league, no question about that.... at all. The problem is the media hyping him up, and expecting him to be this all world type scorer, when thats not really the type of player he is. Sure he CAN be at times, but if you REALLY watch LeBron play, he is usually looking to make the correct "basketball" play rather than look to get his own. IMO he is unfairly criticized for this, due to the fact that the media, and most of his fans, expect him to be "the chosen 1" or this dominant crunch time, clutch scorer, when thats really not his game.

I have a theory on why he is so scrutinized, and yes I do believe that even though I think he is unfairly criticized, he did bring most of this "hatred" upon himself with the decision....

I dunno about other people being that I can only speak for myself, but personally, I never had a problem with LeBron going to Miami, ever... he was a free agent, it was within the league rules. Go for it... However the problem that people have is the WAY that he did it... Holding out on Dan Gilbert forever, saying "ehhhh i dunno what im gonna do". I mean the Cavs fired Mike Brown to make LeBron happy, and because he took forever to "make up his mind" they got nothing in return for him, when they easily could have.

Another issue I have with LeBron fans is this.

Remember when the argument was always "Kobe has 6 rings, hes better" yadda yadda, more times than not, a LeBron stan would bring up the fact that "Kobe had Shaq" and how he never won a finals MVP... Well surprise surprise... if the Heat win (which they will IMO) who thinks LeBron is gonna win finals MVP?? *crickets*... When someone says "Well LeBron needed D Wade to win" a LeBron stan is gonna get mad, after they have been using that lame "Kobe had Shaq & Pau" excuse for years... Quit being hypocrites man, its sad

With that being said any LOGICAL person clearly understands that basketball is a TEAM game, its 5 on 5 for crying out loud... No one could win a championship by themselves...

Everyone holds these players to the "standard" of Jordan, well guess what? No one is going to be Jordan EVER AGAIN... just let it go! Not Kobe, not LeBron, Not Dwayne... NO ONE... just let the players be themselves

Sidenote: This is unrelated but I don't think Carmelo got enough credit for how he handled free agency this year... He played to his fullest ability all season for Denver, and made sure they got quality players for them to build on in return for his talents... just saying

Spoiler [+]
i'm a lakers fan if that matters.... flame on

This.

LeBron no doubt, is one of the most talented players in the league, no question about that.... at all. The problem is the media hyping him up, and expecting him to be this all world type scorer, when thats not really the type of player he is. Sure he CAN be at times, but if you REALLY watch LeBron play, he is usually looking to make the correct "basketball" play rather than look to get his own. IMO he is unfairly criticized for this, due to the fact that the media, and most of his fans, expect him to be "the chosen 1" or this dominant crunch time, clutch scorer, when thats really not his game.

I have a theory on why he is so scrutinized, and yes I do believe that even though I think he is unfairly criticized, he did bring most of this "hatred" upon himself with the decision....

I dunno about other people being that I can only speak for myself, but personally, I never had a problem with LeBron going to Miami, ever... he was a free agent, it was within the league rules. Go for it... However the problem that people have is the WAY that he did it... Holding out on Dan Gilbert forever, saying "ehhhh i dunno what im gonna do". I mean the Cavs fired Mike Brown to make LeBron happy, and because he took forever to "make up his mind" they got nothing in return for him, when they easily could have.

Remember when the argument was always "Kobe has 6 rings, hes better" yadda yadda, more times than not, a LeBron stan would bring up the fact that "Kobe had Shaq" and how he never won a finals MVP... Well surprise surprise... if the Heat win (which they will IMO) who thinks LeBron is gonna win finals MVP?? *crickets*... When someone says "Well LeBron needed D Wade to win" a LeBron stan is gonna get mad, after they have been using that lame "Kobe had Shaq & Pau" excuse for years... Quit being hypocrites man, its sad

With that being said any LOGICAL person clearly understands that basketball is a TEAM game, its 5 on 5 for crying out loud... No one could win a championship by themselves...

Everyone holds these players to the "standard" of Jordan, well guess what? No one is going to be Jordan EVER AGAIN... just let it go! Not Kobe, not LeBron, Not Dwayne... NO ONE... just let the players be themselves

Sidenote: This is unrelated but I don't think Carmelo got enough credit for how he handled free agency this year... He played to his fullest ability all season for Denver, and made sure they got quality players for them to build on in return for his talents... just saying

Spoiler [+]

This.

Getting a ring without being Finals MVP is acceptable for Lebron. That's why he left the Cavs & went to Wade's team. It leaves him open for bashing for all those who put him on such high pedestal (like Pippen) or for his own ego ("King" James? "Chosen one" etc) but he will be a champion and played an important part for it. Will it be blow to his ego or more of a hit to his fanbase if Heat win/Wade is Finals MVP or Heat lose/LBJ struggles?

Getting a ring without being Finals MVP is acceptable for Lebron. That's why he left the Cavs & went to Wade's team. It leaves him open for bashing for all those who put him on such high pedestal (like Pippen) or for his own ego ("King" James? "Chosen one" etc) but he will be a champion and played an important part for it. Will it be blow to his ego or more of a hit to his fanbase if Heat win/Wade is Finals MVP or Heat lose/LBJ struggles?

I expected Skip Bayless to have a field day with this but he took the high road today. Maybe Nike had something to do with it. I can't believe that LeBron played that bad hopefully he can bounce back. Dude put up Chris Whitney/Chucky Atkins numbers in game 2.

DWade was
pimp.gif
game 2 besides that fumble at the end of the game.

Dirk's softness irks me so damn much.

I expected Skip Bayless to have a field day with this but he took the high road today. Maybe Nike had something to do with it. I can't believe that LeBron played that bad hopefully he can bounce back. Dude put up Chris Whitney/Chucky Atkins numbers in game 2.

DWade was
pimp.gif
game 2 besides that fumble at the end of the game.

Dirk's softness irks me so damn much.

^Dirk flops so much it's not even funny Kobe does it too it's annoying to me.

He never finishes at the rim with a defender there. He couldn't even back down Mike Miller.

He never finishes at the rim with a defender there. He couldn't even back down Mike Miller.

He cannot rebound for anything in the world.

Have you ever heard someone say "Dirk just muscled somebody?" it doesn't even sound right. I know that's not his game but it's funny to me.

He cannot rebound for anything in the world.

Have you ever heard someone say "Dirk just muscled somebody?" it doesn't even sound right. I know that's not his game but it's funny to me.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Spoiler [+]

This.

QFMFT good its level headed seem to be unbias fans here

Back
Top Bottom