Things people do that you dont understand

Man ... All this tipping talk .. I tip no matter what service I get ... However I do feel like not tipping at times when the services has been subpar.

However, when I'm in Europe, I never tip. One time I received excellent service in an upscale restaurant ... I went to leave about 25% of my bill in tip and my friend strongly asked me what was I doing.

For some reason that stood in my mind as being a rude or not welcome gesture ...

It is not but most don't expect a damn thing ....

Last edited:
Still don't understand how people don't understand that from a device perspective, tipping is worse for the consumer.

Like, do people NOT get that the restaurant owner is just passing along the costs of wages to the consumer?

Socially, tipping isn't going to change... But let's not act like it's not some finessing going on.

Last edited:
How come no one took the tipping bait when I dangled it? 
mean.gif

It depends if I tip, my base is 10% and if I feel the service was horrendous then i'm not tipping anything, if I feel like you did a great job I'll tip 20%. I don't feel like people should be pressured into tipping just because of what American society says, if you don't tip I understand you.

Only time I left without tipping was when it took 30 minutes to get a glass of water in an almost empty restaurant.

If i get exceptional service i give the money directly to the server. **** that **** letting it go thru the restaurant owner and the server that actually did a good job gets chump change. Even more so if its a young person/student.

I don't understand the passion americans have for tipping. It's odd to me how staunchly it's defended in this country. 

If i get exceptional service i give the money directly to the server. **** that **** letting it go thru the restaurant owner and the server that actually did a good job gets chump change. Even more so if its a young person/student.
This is exactly what I do

I don't understand the passion americans have for tipping. It's odd to me how staunchly it's defended in this country. 
I know, it's pressured upon people like a requirement

If you do this regardless of the service that's being performed, then good for you

If you do this regardless of the service that's being performed, then good for you

I said exceptional service lol

Its a service. If the service is **** why am i gonna tip u? Thats like going to a barber and he pushes ur wig back. U still gonna give him a tip?

Last edited:
People that post multiple times before anyone even replies rather than editing their first post.

Loljk

Semisrs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom