Things you thought were true, but then it turns out you were an idiot.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

When i was little I used to think that when it rained,God was crying 
grin.gif
laugh.gif

me too
laugh.gif
pops would tell me to be a good girl so it would stop raining
smh.gif
laugh.gif

When I lived in Japan on the Navy base the local Japanese shows were a little bit blurry/hazy, but the American shows were crisper and sharper. When I moved to America I really thought life would get more crisp/sharp visually.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

From my own observations I thought that adults could only marry people of their ethnicity, so when my mom invited her coworker over one time (she was Filipino, he was Black) I asked why they were married.
smh.gif

I thought babies were made when adults slept and kissed together in bed
laugh.gif

I once licked an electrical plug because my mom told me not to (I was maybe five, six), that night we went to my first music concert and I felt the bass in my body. I thought I had electrical powers and was "connected" to the speakers somehow
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When I lived in Japan on the Navy base the local Japanese shows were a little bit blurry/hazy, but the American shows were crisper and sharper. When I moved to America I really thought life would get more crisp/sharp visually.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

From my own observations I thought that adults could only marry people of their ethnicity, so when my mom invited her coworker over one time (she was Filipino, he was Black) I asked why they were married.
smh.gif

I thought babies were made when adults slept and kissed together in bed
laugh.gif

I once licked an electrical plug because my mom told me not to (I was maybe five, six), that night we went to my first music concert and I felt the bass in my body. I thought I had electrical powers and was "connected" to the speakers somehow
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I used to think that if you write a name of a movie on a blank VHS it would magically appear on there. That's what happens when you walk in to a room after pops just finished recording a movie and see him writing "American Ninja" on it.

Not knowing how VCR's worked FTL.

I used to think that if you write a name of a movie on a blank VHS it would magically appear on there. That's what happens when you walk in to a room after pops just finished recording a movie and see him writing "American Ninja" on it.

Not knowing how VCR's worked FTL.

Chewing straws caused cancer. My older cousin said it to me while I had been chewing a straw when I was a kid, and I stopped.

Chewing straws caused cancer. My older cousin said it to me while I had been chewing a straw when I was a kid, and I stopped.

When I was 5 my favorite vegetable was eggplant, I liked the way it tasted.  My mom bought it everytime she went to the store.  When we stopped having it I noticed it after awhile and asked my mom why there wasn't anymore eggplant.  She always replied, "Because we don't."  Unsatisfied with that answer I asked my older brother.  He said, "They stopped making it."  Gullible as I was I believed him and actually thought eggplant was discontinued.  A couple years later I was in disbelief when my mom came from the store with an eggplant in the bag
laugh.gif

When I was 5 my favorite vegetable was eggplant, I liked the way it tasted.  My mom bought it everytime she went to the store.  When we stopped having it I noticed it after awhile and asked my mom why there wasn't anymore eggplant.  She always replied, "Because we don't."  Unsatisfied with that answer I asked my older brother.  He said, "They stopped making it."  Gullible as I was I believed him and actually thought eggplant was discontinued.  A couple years later I was in disbelief when my mom came from the store with an eggplant in the bag
laugh.gif

this is how i thought races were created:

god put a bunch of  people in three rows facing the sun......

the first row got sun-burned (dark skin)

the second row didnt get affected and saw the light fine (white) 

and the third row didnt see the sun too well and had to squint (asian) 

it was the only thing that made sense at the time 
grin.gif

this is how i thought races were created:

god put a bunch of  people in three rows facing the sun......

the first row got sun-burned (dark skin)

the second row didnt get affected and saw the light fine (white) 

and the third row didnt see the sun too well and had to squint (asian) 

it was the only thing that made sense at the time 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by scorpio04

In second grade, I told my dad an inch was mile as I had learned from the map worksheet that day. I argued with him for some time on the ride home and he eventually agreed with me. I still laugh about that to this day.

I also thought in elementary school that a girl's period was just a big red period (dot) they had to push out over the course of a few days. Plan parenthood in elementary school ftw.
laugh.gif
Well I guess that's kind of true.

I used to think that rice was dead maggots
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by scorpio04

In second grade, I told my dad an inch was mile as I had learned from the map worksheet that day. I argued with him for some time on the ride home and he eventually agreed with me. I still laugh about that to this day.

I also thought in elementary school that a girl's period was just a big red period (dot) they had to push out over the course of a few days. Plan parenthood in elementary school ftw.
laugh.gif
Well I guess that's kind of true.

I used to think that rice was dead maggots
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom