Thirsty NY Street Cats vol. Is it cause I'm ugly?!

what does income and race have to do with being a thirstbucket? :lol:
1. women will be quicker to describe it as "harassment" if it comes from someone less attractive, wealthy, or in a perceived lower socioeconomic class.

2. the racial bias makes it seem like a bunch of black savages are harassing a precious innocent white woman. that racial/sexual mix of black men attacking white women has ALWAYS been a driver to get certain laws pass, certain money donated, and certain areas wiped out. She walked through some pretty ****** hoods (I dont think all of new york looks like that). The one that comedy central did really captures the true essence of it.

And lets be real... a good looking dude (white/black/latino/asian) in a well tailored suit can get away w/ a lot more in a woman's eyes than a fat latino grubby looking construction worker, or a middle aged poor black man.

men do it too... they'll let a fly big booty chick w/ excellent yambs get away w/ a LOT more than an ugly, unattractive women...

That's just nature, bruh.

ravagebx ravagebx , agree wholeheartedly with your arguments.

To talk about NYC....I remember my first time I went to NYC and thought of how thirsty some men are when you walk down the street with their cat-calling and hollering. Compared to other cities I have visited, it is on another level. However, compare it to when I went to Jordan, and where I went to visit family in their village and it's nothing compared to it. It's downright scary and you might as well be raped if you dare to walk alone. They would hound around a store waiting and they don't give a rat's *** if it's your uncle, dad, or mom with you. They will say whatever and stalk you. Bunch of uncivilized, creepy, animalistic behaviour. Years later my youngest sisters and cousins went and they were preteens. My mom and aunt who were chaperoning them had to leave the streets because they felt gravely threatened. But, go downtown to the capital city of Amman and it's not like that. I think it's more accepted where it is recurring in cultures which are more paternalistic and women are more suppressed and in living places that might be more socially inept and economically poor.These factors influence how women are viewed and their place in society and why the cat-calling be more aggressive towards women.

But, my friends and I were quite surprised how in NYC how some men stop you or pass by and say "I just want to tell you that you're looking beautiful" and then walk right off. It's weird. You don't know to be flattered at first or not, but we'd look at it as the guy just being nice and complimentary.

Last edited:
i remember i cat called at a chick from across the street and she actually stopped and we chatted up. Later found out she was a thot, so i don't know if that counts kanyeshrug.jpg

@Me Love Nutella  It's kind of funny how you as an outsider view NYC and it just gave me a bit of a realization. I've been saying for quite some time that the dating dynamic in NYC is f'ed (for a number of reasons). I think street harassment to a degree, and this response by women, is a symptom of how bad its gotten in NYC. I won't get into it too much cause that's not what this thread is about but I definitely think there's a relation. Cross-gender interactions in NYC have become so confused and convoluted smh.

I'll leave this here: http://www.bkmag.com/2014/10/29/hey...lassist-implications-of-the-catcalling-video/

Cliff notes:
  • "street harassment is most definitely a real issue that countless women experience and suffer through. "
  • What is the significance of selecting "the experience of a white woman experiencing harassment almost exclusively at the hands of black and Latino men" instead of or along with  forms of street harassment by white men in suits down in the financial district?
  • How does the video complicate or complement the historic narrative of white woman as victim in need of protection? 

I really wonder why this is gaining so much traction now. Street harassment has been around for a long time. I think there's aspects of gentrification and race at play for sure here.

I'll leave this here: http://www.bkmag.com/2014/10/29/hey...lassist-implications-of-the-catcalling-video/

Cliff notes:
  • "street harassment is most definitely a real issue that countless women experience and suffer through. "
  • What is the significance of selecting "the experience of a white woman experiencing harassment almost exclusively at the hands of black and Latino men" instead of or along with forms of street harassment by white men in suits down in the financial district?
  • How does the video complicate or complement the historic narrative of white woman as victim in need of protection? 
bruh.. i just said all of this!!

:pimp:

I really wonder why this is gaining so much traction now. Street harassment has been around for a long time. I think there's aspects of gentrification and race at play for sure here.

holla back is behind all of this...

the stop and frisk program has been put to bed, so they needed another tactic to scare people into giving them money.

@Me Love Nutella
 It's kind of funny how you as an outsider view NYC and it just gave me a bit of a realization. I've been saying for quite some time that the dating dynamic in NYC is f'ed (for a number of reasons). I think street harassment to a degree, and this response by women, is a symptom of how bad its gotten in NYC. I won't get into it too much cause that's not what this thread is about but I definitely think there's a relation. Cross-gender interactions in NYC have become so confused and convoluted smh.

All the nsa sex you can handle. Ohh noes. Been to NYC twice. It's so easy a caveman could do it. Second time around I smashed dimes who would never give me time of day in Chicago.

Last edited:
If women got no attention walking down the street many of them would view it as something being wrong with them so that's not what this is about. This is basically the same thing as the Knockout Game garbage from a while back, basically saying 'we need protection from these rapist black men roaming the streets, pls give monies!'

If women got no attention walking down the street many of them would view it as something being wrong with them so that's not what this is about. This is basically the same thing as the Knockout Game garbage from a while back, basically saying 'we need protection from these rapist black men roaming the streets, pls give monies!'

They said this? Or you're saying this?

This is just NT making everything a race thread? Right?

what does income and race have to do with being a thirstbucket? :lol:
1. women will be quicker to describe it as "harassment" if it comes from someone less attractive, wealthy, or in a perceived lower socioeconomic class.

2. the racial bias makes it seem like a bunch of black savages are harassing a precious innocent white woman. that racial/sexual mix of black men attacking white women has ALWAYS been a driver to get certain laws pass, certain money donated, and certain areas wiped out. She walked through some pretty ****** hoods (I dont think all of new york looks like that). The one that comedy central did really captures the true essence of it.

And lets be real... a good looking dude (white/black/latino/asian) in a well tailored suit can get away w/ a lot more in a woman's eyes than a fat latino grubby looking construction worker, or a middle aged poor black man.

men do it too... they'll let a fly big booty chick w/ excellent yambs get away w/ a LOT more than an ugly, unattractive women...

That's just nature, bruh.
I hope a black woman puts out a similar video to ease your mind

They said this? Or you're saying this?

This is just NT making everything a race thread? Right?
Of course they didnt openly say this, but once you peel the layers back it brcomes clear. Like I said earlier, I didn't make it about race. Old girl made it about race when she cut out all the footage of white guys talking to her and only left in footage of blacks 'harassing' her.

Of course they didnt openly say this, but once you peel the layers back it brcomes clear. Like I said earlier, I didn't make it about race. Old girl made it about race when she cut out all the footage of white guys talking to her and only left in footage of blacks 'harassing' her.

Ok. Didn't know she left out footage purposely.

I know you're on a crusade to discredit the link between sexual harassment and race. 

But remember one thing: Whoever says American history says race. And its not just history, here. 

Because people still dogmatically insist that the world can be divided into distinct subgroups, each possessing supposedly innate traits and habits rooted in biological difference, use this absurd fiction to "understand" (castigate) the behaviors of black and latino men, race is  central to the story. 

I know you're on a crusade to discredit the link between sexual harassment and race. 

But remember one thing: Whoever says American history says race. And its not just history, here. 

Because people still dogmatically insist that the world can be divided into distinct subgroups, each possessing supposedly innate traits and habits rooted in biological difference, use this absurd fiction to "understand" (castigate) the behaviors of black and latino men, race is central to the story. 

I'm not on a crusade to do anything. It's annoying to hear other black men cry wolf and always want to find a way to be victim instead of admitting that it is possible that what you did was wrong.

Black man follows girl for 3 blocks

You would think as black men we will tell him "what you did wasn't cool" instead yall want to say "hey but they didn't catch the white man following her!"

Seriously? Fighting the wrong battle.

I'm not on a crusade to do anything. It's annoying to hear other black men cry wolf and always want to find a way to be victim instead of admitting that it is possible that what you did was wrong.

Black man follows girl for 3 blocks

You would think as black men we will tell him "what you did wasn't cool" instead yall want to say "hey but they didn't catch the white man following her!"

Seriously? Fighting the wrong battle.
A false choice. I don't know about the intellectual and social circles of which you're a part. If NT is the primary site for discussing questions of race, class, and gender inequalities, then you're bound to read uneven responses.

Why do you insist on using false binaries? Why is it difficult for you to grasp the fact that there are those who acknowledge that stalking and street harassment by men in general, and black and latino men in this case, is wrong AND that race mediated Roberts' editing decisions and ultimately produced a racialized depiction of black and latino men as the  predators? There is no contradiction. 

This isn't a race issue, other than where she decided to walk and who she decided to show.

Hello, Have a nice day and hello beautiful aren't even harassment in the first place. Speaking to someone is pretty common outside of New York.

But certain harassment is more economic and education.

If a female passed by a office building, the reaction, it probably would be different than at a construction site. Because they see a broader range of women and have different experiences.

Of course throw in other factors like psychological make up(dude who walked with her wasn't right in the head), experiences with women and sexism.

Cliff notes:
  • What is the significance of selecting "the experience of a white woman experiencing harassment almost exclusively at the hands of black and Latino men" instead of or along with forms of street harassment by white men in suits down in the financial district?

Or maybe she just wasn't harassed by white men in suits down in the financial district ..

Wait nvm, that's not possible she's racist

Back
Top Bottom