This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's Sporting Gijon, but Isco played one of the most complete full 90s I've ever seen last season, and scored a late winner too.

Asensio is miles ahead of Isco when he was his age, but at the moment Isco > Asensio imo. And he will until I see the ability to will the team to victory Isco showed here.

Last edited:
footy season

very happy Neymar bossed up. I hope that league is exciting at the top. could be a special season for the French league if it can produce trophies/advancement in tournaments.

Man City is just fascinating to me lol on paper they are one of the best teams I've ever seen assembled in terms of popularity of players/talent. First team is deep as ****. I feel if they don't win either the PL or CL it's a complete bust of a season and they deserve it spending all that bread this summer. But I think they take down the CL tbh.

Ligue One's top 3 clubs all have a marquee name if Monaco keeps Mbappe. PSG has Neymar, Monaco has Mbappe and Nice has Balotelli

DGYXuEsWAAASoeW.jpg

^^OL also has some decent young talent

footy season
Man City is just fascinating to me lol on paper they are one of the best teams I've ever seen assembled in terms of popularity of players/talent. First team is deep as ****. I feel if they don't win either the PL or CL it's a complete bust of a season and they deserve it spending all that bread this summer. But I think they take down the CL tbh.

We now have a squad that can compete for both imo I never say not winning it all makes a season a bust because there are so may other factors seen and unforeseen that can lead to a title win or losing it so you can never say for certain one team should win it. I only really have 3 worries about the squad going into next season.
1. All new players come together and gel together pre-season aside it could take time for everyone and the new signings to get on the same page in competitive matches.
2. Very thin at defensive mid options we only have Yaya and Fernandinho both on the wrong side of 30 and Danilo if he can really play DM. So if we are in a situation late 1-0 and need to shut down shop I worry about if we could put out a defensive enough midfield to shut it down.
3. Goal scoring from the fowards. Aguero is the only forward we have you could say is clinical with his chances and even he has some head scratching misses especially last season. Jesus still has room to get better and I think he will. Sane has shown flashes of good finishing but he is even more one footed than Sterling so that limits the types of chances he takes. And Sterling has gotten better at finishing especially in 1v1's against the keeper but im not sure he can be a 15 goals in the league guy this season but on the other hand he doesn't have to be to have a good season like he did last year.

Europe's biggest buyout clauses
Player Team Buyout clause
Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid £894m
Karim Benzema Real Madrid £894m
Gareth Bale Real Madrid £447m
Luka Modric Real Madrid £447m
James Rodriguez Real Madrid £447m
Lionel Messi Barcelona £268m
Toni Kroos Real Madrid £268m
Neymar Barcelona £198m
Antoine Griezmann Atletico Madrid £181m
Sergio Ramos Real Madrid £181m
Casemiro Real Madrid £181m
Andres Iniesta Barcelona £181m
Gerard Pique Barcelona £181m
Sergio Busquets Barcelona £181m
Luis Suarez Barcelona £179m

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-4_7-45-5.gif
    26 bytes · Views: 9
Of course we would get Hoffenheim (Firmino's old team) in the UCL qualifier.

Playing in Germany ain't no joke. Gonna be a tough one not gonna lie but Klopp has got the experience in Germany that we should win favorably.

Napoli vs Nice would be interesting. Balo back in Italy. :smokin

We now have a squad that can compete for both imo I never say not winning it all makes a season a bust because there are so may other factors seen and unforeseen that can lead to a title win or losing it so you can never say for certain one team should win it. I only really have 3 worries about the squad going into next season.
1. All new players come together and gel together pre-season aside it could take time for everyone and the new signings to get on the same page in competitive matches.
2. Very thin at defensive mid options we only have Yaya and Fernandinho both on the wrong side of 30 and Danilo if he can really play DM. So if we are in a situation late 1-0 and need to shut down shop I worry about if we could put out a defensive enough midfield to shut it down.
3. Goal scoring from the fowards. Aguero is the only forward we have you could say is clinical with his chances and even he has some head scratching misses especially last season. Jesus still has room to get better and I think he will. Sane has shown flashes of good finishing but he is even more one footed than Sterling so that limits the types of chances he takes. And Sterling has gotten better at finishing especially in 1v1's against the keeper but im not sure he can be a 15 goals in the league guy this season but on the other hand he doesn't have to be to have a good season like he did last year.

Im saying PL or bust. If we make it to the semis in CL again and actually show out and fall short ill still be happy.

My only fear is age catching up to Fernandinho/Aguero/Silva/Kompany all at once. In past years one or two would be hurt at a time and they all still play key roles in the team.

happy for neymar... was just pissed at him keeping it under wraps for so long but ig it was due to nike. im actually pretty excited to see him do well at PSG and i hope we spend our money wisely

Waiting for upper 90 to get the namesets

Match jersey for $100

I think I'm going to get Ibra on last seasons shirt since they wore them at the end of the 15-16 season.

And Neymar on this seasons

But definitely gotta get the shirts on discount. Nike authentic with name sets are $194 now :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom