This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

If you like the music, you like the music.
I see no point in trying to sway people's opinions on a matter like this. It's not worth my time.

As long as the music is still dope, I'll still listen. 

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by illfrozn

I love this answer. for the simple reason, you can't relate to rappers who talk about drugs. rappers who rap about cash or smashing dimes. kanye on mercy. or any song that rick ross has ever made.
You're a lame. 
So, his opinion is wrong or invalid because you say so? Not saying I agree or don't agree, but really??
wrong or invalid? not at all. narrow minded? extemely.
as i said. look at how much music you can't relate to but listen to everyday.

2002-2006. none of us could relate to anything dipset was rapping about. 

cue the cam' gif* 

02-till present day i still get computers putin' so i dunno what ur talking about.

And channel orange should be good. 

I love this answer. for the simple reason, you can't relate to rappers who talk about drugs. rappers who rap about cash or smashing dimes. kanye on mercy. or any song that rick ross has ever made.
You're a lame. 
So, his opinion is wrong or invalid because you say so? Not saying I agree or don't agree, but really??

I got ya. There's a lot of music that we listen to that we can and can't relate. But I have no problem with someone feeling that they will not listen to something due to inability to relate. It seems that he feels that way about a lot of music, not just something from a gay artist ...

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

cue the cam' gif* 

02-till present day i still get computers putin' so i dunno what ur talking about.

And channel orange should be good. 

man, you know what i'm saying. 

Who really gives a flying !!%% if he's gay/bi/straight/asexual/one of the angels from Dogma?

He still makes amazing music and I'm still gonna support it.

First AC, now Franky O, who's next?

Tyler's tweets
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Who really gives a flying !!%% if he's gay/bi/straight/asexual/one of the angels from Dogma?

He still makes amazing music and I'm still gonna support it.

First AC, now Franky O, who's next?
Spoiler [+]
drakesuspect2.jpg

solefood229 wrote:
I'm now playing back lyrics in my head, and he been dropping hints

I'm a fan as long as his music sounds like it always has I'm rocking with him

I was just singing fools gold in the shower earlier
where?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
n what songs?

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I know for me personally I don't want to hear about dudes love for another dude on record. I can't relate and don't want to hear it. Nothing against anyone who does but I just don't. 

You're a lame. 
I'm lame because I Can't relate to a singer singing about his love for another man? I'm lame because I don't want to hear it? Really?

Your argument about rap music is flawed. Hip hop is built on exagerration of material %%%. Always been from jump. When I listen to r&b there's a different state of mind i'm in. And speak for yourself, I can relate to smashing dimes.
laugh.gif

I'm not homophobic. I've heard the rumors about Luther and Teddy P. I'm still fans regardless. But as a listener there is a line I don't cross. I don't want to hear R. Kelly singing to 15 year old girls and I don't want to hear another man singing to another man. THat's just real %%%. If you can't respecet that than fine. But I don't feel it makes me lame because I chose to think for myself and not allow someone to think for me like a sheep.

You're a lame. 

You also missed a very big part where I said, "I can't relate and don't want to hear it".

You're a lame. 

Exactly. Its ridiculous. I never once judged Frank as a person. I'm of the belief he's not the only one out there who likes the same sex but he's one of the few that will admit it. I honestly could careless of what he does in his own life.

But as a fan of music? I simply don't want to hear it. I don't listen to Nicki Minaj or Lil' Kim for similar reasons.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

solefood229 wrote:
I'm now playing back lyrics in my head, and he been dropping hints

I'm a fan as long as his music sounds like it always has I'm rocking with him

I was just singing fools gold in the shower earlier
where?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
n what songs?

"My eyes dont shed tears...but BOY they bawl when I think about ya..."

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I know for me personally I don't want to hear about dudes love for another dude on record. I can't relate and don't want to hear it. Nothing against anyone who does but I just don't. 

You're a lame. 
Terrible analogy 
People listen to music to imagine or relate their experiences to the imagery in the song.  

Smashing a dude or falling in love with one isnt something he can relate to how is that hard to understand

Originally Posted by cartune

You're a lame. 
Terrible analogy 
People listen to music to imagine or relate their experiences to the imagery in the song.  

Smashing a dude or falling in love with one isnt something he can relate to how is that hard to understand
what about dudes who listen to female singers who have lyrics about love/relationships (and vice-versa), is that wrong too? i don't relate to everything 100%, but i still enjoy/listen nonetheless. plus it's not like frank's singing about anal sex or getting dome from his male partner
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by phillip929

You're a lame. 
Terrible analogy 

what about dudes who listen to female singers who have lyrics about love/relationships (and vice-versa), is that wrong too? i don't relate to everything 100%, but i still enjoy/listen nonetheless. plus it's not like frank's singing about anal sex or getting dome from his male partner
laugh.gif

Yeaaaa im pretty sure when I hear Tamia sing I Love You she's singing to me and Im singing to her. 
If Frank is singing to a dude "%@++ me good, %@++ me long, %@++ me numb" Im not sure where I fit in to this equation. 
laugh.gif

Im still going to checkout the album tho but dont act like its a problem that dudes arent amped to hear a male on male ballet.

Do I care that he plays for the other team? Nope

Will I still cop CO? $!%* yea

Now that he officially came out I will make my lil prediction: the GLBT community will make sure CO will sell at least 2-3x platinum.

Thread title takes a whole new meaning.

EDIT

am I late, did anyone else make that obvious joke yet? am I late.

Originally Posted by phillip929

Terrible analogy 

laugh.gif

Yeah...relate your experience with wanting to #%$@ a girl, that different?
laugh.gif

Good for him. Can't say I'm surprised because like dude a few posts above said it seems like he's been dropping hints throughout various songs. He'll gain even more fans after this.

Back
Top Bottom