This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

I feel like Endless is getting overlooked, because of the main release and the whole visual part. There's some really dope tracks on there.
wither is all flames 

not too big on blonde yet . gonna give it more time . personal favorite so far is pink + white . that _ is just really really good .

close to you is waaaaaaaay too short

its a far cry from channel orange but I'm gonna let it ride for a few days . i didn't like a lot of my favorite albums at first 

album is borderline bad...whole album sounds like he did too much drugs.

his 1st album is 10X better than this

is there a version of endless with songs split up?

i can't commit to listening to this 45 min straight every time but i mess with it heavy

It's a good album but it does sound like a mess at times. It might be one of them joints that's gonna take time. Soon as I heard Channel Orange that **** was great.

Album getting the yeezus treatment ?

Some ppl can't see outside the box

Better for those of us who can

Here go the "You guys don't understand it" responses. :lol:

This album is way different from CO to me. I can't really see a comparison.

Album is def slow burner though. It's getting better and better as I learn the words :lol:

This album is way different from CO to me. I can't really see a comparison.

Album is def slow burner though. It's getting better and better as I learn the words :lol:

Exactly. Two different albums. Two different sounds. Blonde is more of a mature, laid back project. While Channel Orange is a bright, upbeat project that had something on there for everybody. Kind of like how Nostalgia Ultra was.

The going over y'all heads statements started already? Haven't peeped yet, but those type of comments are always funny.

Random but to this day I still enjoy Nostalgia Ultra, more than Channel Urrange.

Last edited:
All of the classic albums I like follow those rules. 8-12 tracks that flow.

I feel you, but just because they flow doesn't mean they didn't step out the box and break typical the typical "rules" of composition. There is a thin line, and all of my favorite albums were able to effortlessly straddle that line.

That creative balance is where this comes up super short for me. These songs are not singable whatsoever, and ultimately who wants to listen to an album all day, every day that you don't want to at the very least, hum along with?

Pink + White is one where he figured it out. Banger

Last edited:
I feel you, but just because they flow doesn't mean they didn't step out the box and break typical the typical "rules" of composition. There is a thin line, and all of my favorite albums were able to effortlessly straddle that line.

That creative balance is where this comes up super short for me. These songs are not singable whatsoever, and ultimately who wants to listen to an album all day, every day that you don't want to at the very least, hum along with?

Pink + White is one where he figured it out. Banger
exactly. The way he transistions on the verses seems like he complied random thoughts with no order. I don't need every song in a pop format, but when you all over the places, you lose your listener.

Back
Top Bottom