This girl is your typical millenial...

Another thing that shouldn't be allowed are some of these art institutes/ FIDM. 60k+ for what!? Such a joke.

Man I remember people going to those art/fashion schools taking out student loans and using it as startup capital for their clothing lines

Man at a certain point you just have to assume a base level of responsibility and simple intelligence.

My parents never taught me budgeting but damn its common sense and simple math.

This co-signing this girl's idiocy and irresponsibility is what's wrong with America.

This is the information age man. No one has excuses to be totally ignorant to major life changing situations.

I hear what you saying but......

Being self taught involves a lot of trial and error :x

People are focused on the amount of money when they shouldn't be.

It sucks but this just might be her first real life lesson.

Last edited:
Man at a certain point you just have to assume a base level of responsibility and simple intelligence.

My parents never taught me budgeting but damn its common sense and simple math.

This co-signing this girl's idiocy and irresponsibility is what's wrong with America.

This is the information age man. No one has excuses to be totally ignorant to major life changing situations.

I hear what you saying but......

Being self taught envolves a lot of trial and error :x

People are focused on the amount of money when they shouldn't be.

It sucks but this just might be her first real life lesson.

I'm sorry but I disagree.

Saying don't spend all of your money before you graduate college is like saying you have to get ran over by a car to realize you shouldn't play in traffic at some point a base level of intelligence has to be assumed by an adult

Another thing that shouldn't be allowed are some of these art institutes/ FIDM. 60k+ for what!? Such a joke.
My two friends went to FIDM. They now design their own lines and have boutiques. But they also come from millionaire parents :lol:

I can't knock them though, they got it made from the jump and are in the situation to pursue their dreams.

My two friends went to FIDM. They now design their own lines and have boutiques. But they also come from millionaire parents :lol:

I can't knock them though, they got it made from the jump and are in the situation to pursue their dreams.

That's a bit different lol.

My ex wasn't from much and always wanted to be a fashion desginer. Her biggest passion is fashion. Went to FIDM (1 yr SF, 1 LA). Went to UCLA after since she wanted a degree as well. Did internships etc etc....

Owes 45k from FIDM and NOT EVEN IN THE FIELD. Was offered like 40k to work for a jean company but literally couldn't live off that since her loan payments are $$$. Going to take her seriously 20 yrs to pay it off.

My two friends went to FIDM. They now design their own lines and have boutiques. But they also come from millionaire parents
laugh.gif

I'm all for everyone pursuing their dreams, just not by taking out loans they're not going to be able to pay back, find another way

Saying don't spend all of your money before you graduate college is like saying you have to get ran over by a car to realize you shouldn't play in traffic at some point a base level of intelligence has to be assumed by an adult

Apples and oranges my friend.

Most people in America have a hard time understanding money.

It's levels to this ****.

Apples and oranges my friend.

Most people in America have a hard time understanding money.

It's levels to this ****.

How hard is to understand you don't spend all your money?

Like seriously, how hard can it be. This girl made it through 3 full damn years so she had an idea of how much per year it would cost. I guess no 18-22 years old should be responsible for anything financially since we co-signing this idiocy.

I'm not even mad she spent the money, I can understand that to an extent but its the total lack of responsibility that is killing me.

Not gonna lie I've blown through a couple G's of Fafsa bread once everything (classes, books, etc.) were paid....but 90 G's and she still has 1 more year to pay???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I thought I was bad back in college. lol.

You need to be taught not to blow all your money before you have a source to get it back at least? :rofl: it was taught, during 1st grade math

SneakerProSr. SneakerProSr.

I don't want to come off as if I'm giving her a pass.

I just understand how it could happen,

You make money management sound waaaay too easy.

I actually agree.

People need to stop spending tens of thousands of dollars when they can take the same classes at a community college.

Yup, here we go with the misplaced blame.

Nothing worth changing has ever started from the bottom :lol:

Americas education system is a whole other beast to get into I agree.

@SneakerPro

He really does. As many folks in this country that are in debt, he should see that it is not an easy thing to DO. Sure, it is an easy thing to know conceptually, but in application, nah. VERY difficult

SneakerProSr. SneakerProSr.

I'm not mad she spend the money. Well actually I am but I understand how easy it is to do at that age.

Money management is easy having willpower isn't. I refuse to believe she didn't know what she was doing, she just assumed her parents would bail her out.

That's what makes me livid. Its willful ignorance.

[@=/u/38037/SneakerPro]@SneakerPro[/@]

He really does. As many folks in this country that are in debt, he should see that it is not an easy thing to DO. Sure, it is an easy thing to know conceptually, but in application, nah. VERY difficult

This broad ain't in debt though.

Having debt does not=poor money management.

You need to be taught not to blow all your money before you have a source to get it back at least? :rofl: it was taught, during 1st grade math

And right on time is this guy, comparing adult financing to 1st grade math :lol:

You been on it today.

And right on time is this guy, comparing adult financing to 1st grade math :lol:

You been on it today.

And that's the problem, adult do financing is as easy as grade school math. You can complicate it all you want but it boils down to money in vs money out. Should I draw a picture for you? A 5 year old understands that when you don't have enough money for an icecream you don't get an icecream.

This thread reminds of that story of when the girl sued her parents for not paying for her college after she ran away :lol:

Someone link that

Last edited:
And that's the problem, adult do financing is as easy as grade school math. You can complicate it all you want but it boils down to money in vs money out. Should I draw a picture for you?

View media item 1638894

Stil unrustled

Financing is easy. Most people are just too lazy to do it

True, but a lot of people like me grew up in an environment where financing was hearsay at best.

Your acting like we didn't just go through one of the biggest financial periods in history :lol:

It's not as simple as you say.

Personal finance issues is way easier to avoid than the financial crisis.

It's as easy as "I have 90k for college, I know that it costs 15 k a year at the school I go to. So I only have 30k to spend over 4 years and if I want more I'll have to figure out how to get it because the 60k needs to be saved for tuition."

Back
Top Bottom