This girl is your typical millenial...

That's a bit different lol.

My ex wasn't from much and always wanted to be a fashion desginer. Her biggest passion is fashion. Went to FIDM (1 yr SF, 1 LA). Went to UCLA after since she wanted a degree as well. Did internships etc etc....

Owes 45k from FIDM and NOT EVEN IN THE FIELD. Was offered like 40k to work for a jean company but literally couldn't live off that since her loan payments are $$$. Going to take her seriously 20 yrs to pay it off.
It's a tough field to make a decent living in since a lot of girls want to be in fashion. I have no formal education in the field but through networking I was able to land an interview. I was able to wow them and got a job offer. They offered me $36...I didn't realize it was $36k. I was going to accept at $36 an hour :lol:

I'm debt free and wouldn't even make it at $36k a year no much I want it too.

Trade schools are also $$$.

Personal finance issues is way easier to avoid than the financial crisis.

It's as easy as "I have 90k for college, I know that it costs 15 k a year at the school I go to. So I only have 30k to spend over 4 years and if I want more I'll have to figure out how to get it because the 60k needs to be saved for tuition."

Naw you and your parents need an advanced accounting class to figure out simple math

It's a tough field to make a decent living in since a lot of girls want to be in fashion. I have no formal education in the field but through networking I was able to land an interview. I was able to wow them and got a job offer. They offered me $36...I didn't realize it was $36k. I was going to accept at $36 an hour :lol:

I'm debt free and wouldn't even make it at $36k a year no much I want it too.

Trade schools are also $$$.

Yeah it's definitely rough.

Her bff went to FIDM with her and then USD (which u know is $$$). Got her degree from there.

Makes 42k working for Joe Jeans at lives on the westside. Loves it and everything but I'm like HOW!? and then found out daddy pays for all her vacations, etc etc...

It's as easy as "I have 90k for college, I know that it costs 15 k a year at the school I go to. So I only have 30k to spend over 4 years and if I want more I'll have to figure out how to get it because the 60k needs to be saved for tuition."

Naw you and your parents need an advanced accounting class to figure out simple math

I completly understand the simplistics of managing money as a 29 year old.

But if your gonna sit up here and tell me you never ****** up some money in your teens or early 20's I have no problem callin you a liar.

Just as easy ad it is to understand simple budgeting, it's 10x as easy to **** it up.

But I forgot, this is NT where text book = real life.

But if your gonna sit up here and tell me you never ****** up some money in your teens or early 20's I have no problem callin you a liar.

Just as easy ad it is to understand simple budgeting, it's 10x as easy to **** it up.

I honestly didn't mess up any money. Maybe spending too much at a bar or something, if that's what ur talking about?

I've ****** up plenty of money.

But I knew I ****** it up and accepted responsibility for it instead of blaming my parents for it.

You need to be taught not to blow all your money before you have a source to get it back at least?
roll.gif
it was taught, during 1st grade math
This. Isn't it...common sense?

She doesn't want to take out a loan. Then she's talking about she doesn't want to work because it's embarrassing. What the hell?
laugh.gif

So what does she want? Another 90k?

Last edited:

Every time I'm about to spend too much money I think to myself "I probably shouldn't be spending all this but..."

And if I know I shouldn't do it but still end up doing it then I have no one to blame but myself.

I honestly didn't mess up any money. Maybe spending too much at a bar or something, if that's what ur talking about?
You lying my man. You can probably send a kid to college with all those Vegas trips :lol:

It isn't her fault.

Our society has tricked parents into thinking that letting their child "learn" is the right way to raise kids.

If you grow up and don't experience money problems you just have that mentality that there will always be money when you need it.

It is irresponsible parenting to not make a high schooler understand the value of a dollar.

I was a 3.8 honor roll student in high school and I went to college and spent money recklessly on everything and anything. You also believe that after college you will have a good high paying job so you can easily pay back any credit cards etc.

What's more unbelievable to me is that her parents just gave her that 90k straight up. She still doesnt get it (and maybe never will). She has her parents house to go to as a fallback. They'll likely cave and help her out as long as she shows minimal progress (e.g an easy part time job).

How is it not her fault? She said herself she's too embarrassed to get a job. How hard is it to check your accounts on a daily basis? How can she not budget when there are plenty of apps that basically do it for you? I'm sure she was spoiled and all that (which is totally the parent's fault), but she's an adult that should know how to at least check her funds and know when to spend money and, more importantly, when not to spend money. It's ridiculous that some of you would even entertain the thought that it's not her fault.

Woulda just went to a JC for two years and Been flourishing my junior and senior year

Bet she'd have had enough money to finish if she didn't tip once during those first 3 years.

I've done the math multiple times in here. With no job she would have run out of money regardless. Her tuition wasn't 15K either...

I've done the math multiple times in here. With no job she would have run out of money regardless. Her tuition wasn't 15K either...
then with simple math she would have known that it would not be enough and done something about it rather than crying about it after she spends the last dollar of her money

then with simple math she would have known that it would not be enough and done something about it rather than crying about it after she spends the last dollar of her money
I've already said that too lol. She chose this route she will have to figure it out, but people need to stop saying 90K is enough to get through 4 years when it isn't. I'm talking taking out no loans and not working, its not enough.

You lying my man. You can probably send a kid to college with all those Vegas trips :lol:

But that's not "messing up" when you budget properly. If I know I have a Vegas trip coming up, I start putting cash into Vegas savings and curtail my weekends out etc...

Last edited:
I've already said that too lol. She chose this route she will have to figure it out, but people need to stop saying 90K is enough to get through 4 years when it isn't. I'm talking taking out no loans and not working, its not enough.

Scholarships and grants don't exist anymore?

Bet some of that money was spent on vacations and meterial things to impress people on social media :lol:

Best believe I'm making sure a girl has good credit and little or no debt before I marry her

Bet some of that money was spent on vacations and meterial things to impress people on social media :lol:

Best believe I'm making sure a girl has good credit and little or no debt before I marry her

My ex made a huge deal about it...

Was like, "Hey we need to talk, something I need to tell u..."

I'm like ohhh no, shes preggers.

Turns out she owed 45k from student loans lol.

I feel bad for her.

I too realize the faults in my upbringing.

But I won't blame her.

Moms did what she could with 3 boys, she wasn't perfect to no fault of her own.

I didn't know what credit was until I was 19

I didn't learn how to write a check until 21.

The majority of the blame falls on the people responsible for educating our youth, but we won't invest in our teachers. 

mean.gif

It took me up until about 25 to figure out how money worked.
Same with me... Never took the time out to explain or breakdown what any of that **** was.

Had to learn its value and importance for myself, cause I realized you can keep that circle of blame going forever....

But when lack of that knowledge comes back to bite you in the *** the world is going to be looking at you, not your parent(s).

Im younger than the chick in this article by 2 years...

And I personally think she's stupid as ****.

If no one is there to guide you, you guide yourself or wander astray. Cold fact of life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom