Those who live a christian life, how do you feel?

My fault. :lol:

But I am interested in the "Literal vs. FIgurative" stories in the bible discussion.

Please give me insight on how you ( igotthatstock igotthatstock ) make the determination what is real and what isn;t.
I’m saying this because we’ve yet to receive one answer. “Well if you don’t believe then **** off” isn’t an answer :lol:

I’ve asked that question before on here in another thread. Didnt get anything out of it.

Why are Christians afforded Eternal Life but Buddhist MOnk from Tibet not also afforded the same luxury?

You SAY Religions are flawed but you ALSO say that unless you are Christian, you will not make it to "Heaven."

Which one is IT?
Ok, it's getting to the point where you are unable to comprehend or are just throwing **** out there for the sake of it.

I said, I believe that eternal life is achieved through my beliefs. I recognize that it might not be the case.

The point is, I dont care about a buddhist monk's beliefs. I hope we are both correct. Maybe I am wrong and he is right. Maybe there are multiple "heavens" or a separate paradise. I am taking my chances with what I believe in. Why is that so hard to understand?

I’m saying this because we’ve yet to receive one answer. “Well if you don’t believe then **** off” isn’t an answer :lol:
I honestly think you are a goofball. Your non-sequiturs and ridiculous questions dont warrant a response lol. "Show me 5 instances" LMAO google it. **** I look like Jeeves?

I will respond to DC because the questions are normal. Move on bruh.

The point is, I dont care about a buddhist monk's beliefs. I hope we are both correct. Maybe I am wrong and he is right. Maybe there are multiple "heavens" or a separate paradise.

I am taking my chances with what I believe in.

Why? (To the underlined part)

Why have YOU decided to take your chances with Christianity?

Why Christianity?

If anyone cares, christianbooks.com has pretty good sales. I copped a New King James Version study bible with cultural background commentary.

It really helped me understand the far and near east connections to the bible. And helped me crystallize the logical faults with the text.

I honestly think you are a goofball. Your non-sequiturs and ridiculous questions dont warrant a response lol. "Show me 5 instances" LMAO google it. **** I look like Jeeves?

I will respond to DC because the questions are normal. Move on bruh.
You’ve answered nobody’s questions. None. Zero. You can’t even answer if you’ve read the Bible in any version in its entirety. Then you tried to laugh this all off saying you want to do drugs? Lol you’re the guy teaching us how to go to heaven?

You said parts of the Bible aren’t real. Ok, which ones? “Duhhh Google it”. Lol great response. You’re teaching your kids this too? Yikes

Why? (To the underlined part)

Why have YOU decided to take your chances with Christianity?

Why Christianity?
In my many years on earth, it makes the most sense to me, both literally, figuratively, and spiritually.

Religion is a personal preference. I have been exposed to many religions as I lived abroad for over 10 years. Christianity connects the most dots for me, while recognizing others can feel differently.

A known prophet walks into a church of 1000 people. He asks, "How many of you are going to heaven?" 950 people raised their hands. The prophet then says, " God has revealed to me, in this congregation, only 75 of you will be with Him in eternity. I ask again, how many of you believe they will go to Heaven after death?" Not a single hand was raised. -

Most christians are christian in name only and dont honestly consider what the title truly means.

Last edited:
In my many years on earth, it makes the most sense to me, both literally, figuratively, and spiritually.

Religion is a personal preference. I have been exposed to many religions as I lived abroad for over 10 years. Christianity connects the most dots for me, while recognizing others can feel differently.

DOES It makes the most SENSE or is it mostly due to EXPOSURE?

As much as you say religion is a personal preference, where/when/to whom you are born and raised has the MOST influence in what you decide to believe in.

Not, "What makes the most sense."

Going to heaven is now a matter of personal preference? :rofl:

DOES It makes the most SENSE or is it mostly due to EXPOSURE?

As much as you say religion is a personal preference, where/when/to whom you are born and raised has the MOST influence in what you decide to believe in.

Not, "What makes the most sense."
It makes the most sense to me, but I understand your point. I agree with you. Typically we believe what we are exposed to. I just happened to have had the opportunity to experience other faiths.

We see this in every part of society. In America we feel we are so divided because of what someone tells us on television.

It makes the most sense to me, but I understand your point. I agree with you. Typically we believe what we are exposed to. I just happened to have had the opportunity to experience other faiths.

We see this in every part of society. In America we feel we are so divided because of what someone tells us on television.

But you were born in AMERICA. You were born in a Christian society.

So "Having the opportunity to experience other faiths." is A partial truth because you were already under the influence of CHristianity.

The MAIN reason YOU are Christian isn't by some choice YOU made.

But you were born in AMERICA. You were born in a Christian society.

So "Having the opportunity to experience other faiths." is A partial truth because you were already under the influence of CHristianity.
I mean what do you want me to say? That if my life were completely different I would think completely differently? Lol.

Yes, I recognize that pre-disposition has played a part in what I believe. I have already said that I do not condemn other religions.

I am not a religious scholar and admittedly dont know everything there is to know about everything. However, what I have been exposed to has lead me to Christianity. And I have experienced all major religions except judaism.

I mean what do you want me to say? That if my life were completely different I would think completely differently? Lol.

Yes, I recognize that pre-disposition has played a part in what I believe. I have already said that I do not condemn other religions.

I am not a religious scholar and admittedly dont know everything there is to know about everything. However, what I have been exposed to has lead me to Christianity. And I have experienced all major religions except judaism.

I simply want you to stop saying Christianity makes the most sense to you as an absolute statement.

No, it happens to be the native religion of your home country and you have bought into IT.

You might have read about other belief systems but there is a clear bias in place since you have been indoctrinated into Christianity.

So I just want you to acknowledge the bias.

Yes, I recognize that pre-disposition has played a part in what I believe
. I have already said that I do not condemn other religions.

1615050535650.gif

So given this statement, why did god choose North America and not China to save?

igotthatstock igotthatstock
You think it is fair to your kids to do this? Why not allow them to decide what they will want to follow when they are of the age the think for themselves?

Why do you want your kids to be CHristian but you also say you don't care whether or not the next person (people in here) believe or not?

I simply want you to stop saying Christianity makes the most sense to you as an absolute statement.

No, it happens to be the native religion of your home country and you have bought into IT.

You might have read about other belief systems but there is a clear bias in place since you have been indoctrinated into Christianity.

So I just want you to acknowledge the bias.
LMAO. Read your first sentence back to yourself. LOL.

I can't help you if you dont want to read / understand what I type. Godspeed.

Define "experienced."

What does that even mean? (Please answer directly)
I was intimately involved with someone who practiced Hinduism for 12 years. My best friend - best man at my wedding, godfather to my son - is Muslim.

My understanding is that Judaism overlaps catholicism without the Jesus part, so maybe I am well aware of its beliefs. Obviously, there are a number of Christian denominations, so I will concede I don't know the nuances.

You think it is fair to your kids to do this? Why not allow them to decide what they will want to follow when they are of the age the think for themselves?

Why do you want your kids to be CHristian but you also say you don't care whether or not the next person (people in here) believe or not?

Look, my kids will be able to pursue whatever it is they would like when the time comes. But I will be hot got damned if I am letting them be molded by this goofy-*** society we live in today.

Back
Top Bottom