Those who live a christian life, how do you feel?

True. My bad. I had donuts this morning and my kid is running wind crazy.

Cool but can you still address my question/statement.

You understand that Christianity also promotes the idea that anyone that is "offered an avenue for salvation and people refuses" is sent to hell right?

Even if that person grew up in a culture/society in which Christianity is NOT the dominant belief system.

My actions show just the opposite of what you are suggesting. If I believe I was better than everyone, I would dismiss your beliefs and convey a message of unwillingness to allow your beliefs. That just seems silly to me. I believe people have free will. If you want to believe frogs created earth or it spontaneously combust, so be it.

As I've said, I question my own faith. I still believe in it at the end of the day.
What? First, I never said you were wrong. I’m asking why are YOU correct?

secondly, if god chose YOU to go to heaven surely by any standard you are better off than those who aren’t (aren’t Christians). So, why are YOU better than everyone else (non Christians)?

instead of an answer you throw out
I believe I am correct. I dont really care how anyone feels about me. Someone else can think I'm wrong and it has no bearing on my life. I couldn't care less if you don't believe in what I believe in. Hope you find peace with whatever it is you believe in.

hows that spreading the word?

Cool but can you still address my question/statement.
I answered your question. You believe in my religion so much that you equate its fictitious hell to persecution on earth. I cant help you there.

Much of the Bible is colorful stories to convey messages. It is often not literal. I believe that if I live a life according to its teachings, I will have eternal life. If I do not or others do not, they will have a chance to be redeemed. If people just say **** it all, I don't really know what they expect.

I answered your question. You believe in my religion so much that you equate its fictitious hell to persecution on earth. I cant help you there.

Much of the Bible is colorful stories to convey messages. It is often not literal. I believe that if I live a life according to its teachings, I will have eternal life. If I do not or others do not, they will have a chance to be redeemed. If people just say **** it all, I don't really know what they expect.

ok, what’s not literal and what is? I simple list could work

What? First, I never said you were wrong. I’m asking why are YOU correct?

secondly, if god chose YOU to go to heaven surely by any standard you are better off than those who aren’t (aren’t Christians). So, why are YOU better than everyone else (non Christians)?

instead of an answer you throw out

hows that spreading the word?
Why are you equating being better to going to heaven? I believe heaven is my salvation. I dont believe that you are "worse" if you don't go to heaven. I simply feel sorry for your soul. In turn, you can retire to a paradise with Kim K and lambos. If so, jakes on me, right?

Why are you equating being better to going to heaven? I believe heaven is my salvation. I dont believe that you are "worse" if you don't go to heaven. I simply feel sorry for your soul. In turn, you can retire to a paradise with Kim K and lambos. If so, jakes on me, right?
You are still not answering the question. Let me simplify, why did god choose north America over Africa or China where Christian believers are almost nonexistent? Why is North America the better people?

oh I’d like to think the hell (the place for killers, rapists, etc) is for better people than heaven correct? That’s not up for debate biblically. Yes, I would equate BETTER people to go to heaven

And better yet, how do you make the distinction between what is literal and what is metaphor in The Bible?
In reference to this and the request for a list of a book that's long AF (lol), I ask that you guys do your own research. Again, I'm not here to push my beliefs on you but rather to let you know of mine and why I believe. There are plenty of things I question and disagree with in the text, but generally soaking I choose Christianity, specifically catholicism as my foundation.

I'm not a religious nut, I had a lot of sex and drank a lot of liquor and have a lot of unnecessary **** in my life lol. But I owe my success to Christianity in part, and I will raise my kids that way. I hope I'm doing enough on earth for when my time comes. Maybe I'm too far gone.

For reference, I also feel doing mushrooms is a pathway to enlightenment. I have had 4 experiences where God has directly spoken to me. It is debatable if that is because I already had this in my mind or if it came out under the influence.

In reference to this and the request for a list of a book that's long AF (lol), I ask that you guys do your own research. Again, I'm not here to push my beliefs on you but rather to let you know of mine and why I believe. There are plenty of things I question and disagree with in the text, but generally soaking I choose Christianity, specifically catholicism as my foundation.

I'm not a religious nut, I had a lot of sex and drank a lot of liquor and have a lot of unnecessary **** in my life lol. But I owe my success to Christianity in part, and I will raise my kids that way. I hope I'm doing enough on earth for when my time comes. Maybe I'm too far gone.

For reference, I also feel doing mushrooms is a pathway to enlightenment. I have had 4 experiences where God has directly spoken to me. It is debatable if that is because I already had this in my mind or if it came out under the influence.
So you just backed out of answering anything then tried to backpedal out of the conversation.

Let’s simplify again, give a SHORT list of stories in the Bible that aren’t literal. Any 5 will do. They diver us 5 that are literal. Again, any 5 will do

I’m asking YOU to explain how YOU make the distinction.

igotthatstock igotthatstock

You glossed
over the main point of my statement/question. The "hell" part wasn't it.

The idea of Christians thinking (CHristianity promoting) that IT is the True Belief System is in fact true.

What are your thoughts on Christianity being the one true religion to the point that anyone that is "exposed" to it will be "held responsible" if they chose not to accept.

Why would a man from the remote areas of Cambodia be held responsible for accepting Christianity when that isn't the presiding faith system in his direct area?

You are still not answering the question. Let me simplify, why did god choose north America over Africa or China where Christian believers are almost nonexistent? Why is North America the better people?

oh I’d like to think the hell (the place for killers, rapists, etc) is for better people than heaven correct? That’s not up for debate biblically. Yes, I would equate BETTER people to go to heaven

I would recommend researching the gilgamesh epic and its parallels. I feel Christianity is but a version of a more ancient belief system. It is the more modern interpretation of value doctrine. I think all religion was founded on similar principles and twisted a bit to fit the local narrative. I like Christianity because it does not convey an end all be all message and allows other belief systems.

So you just backed out of answering anything then tried to backpedal out of the conversation.

Let’s simplify again, give a SHORT list of stories in the Bible that aren’t literal. Any 5 will do. They diver us 5 that are literal. Again, any 5 will do
Lmao. The garden of eden. Jesus Christ son use duck duck go.

I would recommend researching the gilgamesh epic and its parallels. I feel Christianity is but a version of a more ancient belief system. It is the more modern interpretation of value doctrine. I think all religion was founded on similar principles and twisted a bit to fit the local narrative. I like Christianity because it does not convey an end all be all message and allows other belief systems.
Dude what? God says multiple times that if you call anything else god or worship false idols that you’re going to hell.

Have you read the Bible. Any version. Surely you can answer that

igotthatstock igotthatstock

You glossed
over the main point of my statement/question. The "hell" part wasn't it.

The idea of Christians thinking (CHristianity promoting) that IT is the True Belief System is in fact true.

What are your thoughts on Christianity being the one true religion to the point that anyone that is "exposed" to it will be "held responsible" if they chose not to accept.

Why would a man from the remote areas of Cambodia be held responsible for accepting Christianity when that isn't the presiding faith system in his direct area?
Sew my thoughts in another post on religious adaptation.

In short, man is flawed. Any interpretation therefore will be flawed.

But I owe my success to Christianity in part, and I will raise my kids that way. I hope I'm doing enough on earth for when my time comes
You think it is fair to your kids to do this? Why not allow them to decide what they will want to follow when they are of the age the think for themselves?

Why do you want your kids to be CHristian but you also say you don't care whether or not the next person (people in here) believe or not?

100% Because it does not call for persecution on earth. It simply says you will not be afforded eternal life upon death. This allows for you to dismiss me and for me to feel bad but move on.

Why are Christians afforded Eternal Life but Buddhist MOnk from Tibet not also afforded the same luxury?

You SAY Religions are flawed but you ALSO say that unless you are Christian, you will not make it to "Heaven."

Which one is IT?

100% Because it does not call for persecution on earth. It simply says you will not be afforded eternal life upon death. This allows for you to dismiss me and for me to feel bad

what? In the Bible, very rich people lose everything is they reject god or even just fail to follow 1 simple rule. Adam and Eve lost it all after eating 1 fruit. Adam didn’t even touch it. You call that “just moving on”? So no, it’s not just the afterlife here according to Christianity

Why are Christians afforded Eternal Life but Buddhist MOnk from Tibet not also afforded the same luxury?

You SAY Religions are flawed but you ALSO say that unless you are Christian, you will not make it to "Heaven."

Which one is IT?
Ok, we’re getting to the point I call “question overload”. Let’s stick to one. A simple one. Have you read any version of the Bible. By read I mean all of it

Ok, we’re getting to the point I call “question overload”. Let’s stick to one. A simple one. Have you read any version of the Bible. By read I mean all of it

My fault. :lol:

But I am interested in the "Literal vs. FIgurative" stories in the bible discussion.

Please give me insight on how you ( igotthatstock igotthatstock ) make the determination what is real and what isn;t.

Back
Top Bottom