Thoughts on Non-Blacks Using the N Word (Video) - feat LowKeyUHtn

This has been discussed more than once on NT in numerous other forums (and I believe in the general forum as well) but with the recent "rash" of uses of the word in television and film (The Hangover 2, Curb Your Enthusiasm) and music (specifically by V Nasty of the White Girl Mob) of the "n word" by non Blacks I thought it might be a topic worth revisiting.

WARNING - there is some profanity - specifically the use of the n' word, but also in a mostly "academic" way.  If they weren't talking about the word, they wouldn't be using it. Still minors should be forewarned.

I don't want to influence and lead the discussion with my opinions on the topic so I'll just post the video here and open things up.

I will however say that the "Y_U AR_ AN ID_OT" shirt LowKey has on in the video is just plain stupid. Clearly whoever made it has never watched wheel of fortune.

This has been discussed more than once on NT in numerous other forums (and I believe in the general forum as well) but with the recent "rash" of uses of the word in television and film (The Hangover 2, Curb Your Enthusiasm) and music (specifically by V Nasty of the White Girl Mob) of the "n word" by non Blacks I thought it might be a topic worth revisiting.

WARNING - there is some profanity - specifically the use of the n' word, but also in a mostly "academic" way.  If they weren't talking about the word, they wouldn't be using it. Still minors should be forewarned.

I don't want to influence and lead the discussion with my opinions on the topic so I'll just post the video here and open things up.

I will however say that the "Y_U AR_ AN ID_OT" shirt LowKey has on in the video is just plain stupid. Clearly whoever made it has never watched wheel of fortune.

Honestsly, I have no idea where I stand on this. Im Egyptian, not dark skinned, but im not white neither, born and raised in the hood I don't try to validate myself by using certain words but rather they have become part of my vocab. So I dont know, i never had people get offended ever, you know and its not like im saying this to say im cool, i know its not cool but at the same time its just part of me..

Honestsly, I have no idea where I stand on this. Im Egyptian, not dark skinned, but im not white neither, born and raised in the hood I don't try to validate myself by using certain words but rather they have become part of my vocab. So I dont know, i never had people get offended ever, you know and its not like im saying this to say im cool, i know its not cool but at the same time its just part of me..

This thread again, 
laugh.gif

Either you allow everyone to use it, or don't use it at all.  It is a very powerful word, it's context should never be forgotten.  Eff all this "flipped it" nonsense.  The only people that can't let this word go is dudes from the hood.

Even Method Man's rationale fell short in the last thread.  Dude's OD on it in public places, and within ear shot of other people, and I'm talking about black folks using the word.  They can't address their partner without throwing the N word out there,
30t6p3b.gif

This thread again, 
laugh.gif

Either you allow everyone to use it, or don't use it at all.  It is a very powerful word, it's context should never be forgotten.  Eff all this "flipped it" nonsense.  The only people that can't let this word go is dudes from the hood.

Even Method Man's rationale fell short in the last thread.  Dude's OD on it in public places, and within ear shot of other people, and I'm talking about black folks using the word.  They can't address their partner without throwing the N word out there,
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Are you Black?

Are you Black?

Dude's OD on it in public places, and within ear shot of other people, and I'm talking about black folks using the word.  They can't address their partner without throwing the N word out there,
30t6p3b.gif
as a black man thats uses the word occasionally...this is what I really hate and wish other blacks would stop doing
in the car, crib, bball court(no/small crowd)...or away from anybody who not involved in the convo....but as far as rap music goes, it is what it is...i cant call it on that

if we cant treat the word with that can of guideline or sumtin...shut the @$@# up if anybody else uses it, cause u damn sure aint helpin reduce the widespread usage 

Dude's OD on it in public places, and within ear shot of other people, and I'm talking about black folks using the word.  They can't address their partner without throwing the N word out there,
30t6p3b.gif
as a black man thats uses the word occasionally...this is what I really hate and wish other blacks would stop doing
in the car, crib, bball court(no/small crowd)...or away from anybody who not involved in the convo....but as far as rap music goes, it is what it is...i cant call it on that

if we cant treat the word with that can of guideline or sumtin...shut the @$@# up if anybody else uses it, cause u damn sure aint helpin reduce the widespread usage 

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

V Nasty finna get some of yall hurt...

http://www.worldstarhipho...p?v=wshhb5N16Lxe2R0xKG8A

dudes were outta line. SMH. if you think the group of "blacks", were ok. your an idiot

What I think is irrelevant...
...what can happen when you use that word around the wrong people is the reason why I posted the video.
exactly what im trying to say.
some dudes will kill you because of a word. like just grow up

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

V Nasty finna get some of yall hurt...

http://www.worldstarhipho...p?v=wshhb5N16Lxe2R0xKG8A

dudes were outta line. SMH. if you think the group of "blacks", were ok. your an idiot

What I think is irrelevant...
...what can happen when you use that word around the wrong people is the reason why I posted the video.
exactly what im trying to say.
some dudes will kill you because of a word. like just grow up

All of my boys regardless of race use the word.. & I dont care..

If you disagree with me allowing this.. I dont care either

All of my boys regardless of race use the word.. & I dont care..

If you disagree with me allowing this.. I dont care either

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Are you Black?
How is that relevant?

Exclusive rights and usage...
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom