Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

TMZ putting way too much sauce on that video. He says "Mike Pouncey, ni6 6a. MIKE-MOFO-POUNCEY" while Mike Pouncey is standing right there. He didn't say anything racist and sounds like he was having one of those drunken moments where he was hyping up his boy while his inner b-rad came out.

Dude was beyond wasted doe :rofl:

Called him N', but didn't say anything racist....

Um....ok.

Last edited:
apparently you aren't aware of the use of the word ending with er and the other with a.

you do realize mike pouncey is right next to him.. does he look intimated or angered with what he said? no, dude is laughing it up.

Last edited:
apparently you aren't aware of the use of the word ending with er and the other with a.

you do realize mike pouncey is right next to him.. does he look intimated or angered with what he said? no, dude is laughing it up.
Pouncey's  not everyone.  Pounceys were also the "free Hernandez" guys, so it's not like they keep the best company or judgement.

OK...free pass for anyone to use the word. Just as long as you use it with the "a" on the end. Got it.

Pouncey is just as much of a sucker for allowing this man to blatantly disrespect him like this.

OK...free pass for anyone to use the word. Just as long as you use it with the "a" on the end. Got it.

Pouncey is just as much of a sucker for allowing this man to blatantly disrespect him like this.

like you said that's on pouncey to do something if he felt disrespected because he was specifically referring to him.

Last edited:

TMZ putting way too much sauce on that video. He says "Mike Pouncey, ni6 6a. MIKE-MOFO-POUNCEY" while Mike Pouncey is standing right there. He didn't say anything racist and sounds like he was having one of those drunken moments where he was hyping up his boy while his inner b-rad came out.

Dude was beyond wasted doe
roll.gif
Called him N', but didn't say anything racist....

Um....ok.
I just saw the video and my assessment is this, it's one of those situations where him saying that gets overlooked because he was drunk. Being Black, I've been around people that I know and said that and weren't Black made me cringe a little, but wasn't enough to make me call them racist or to make a big deal out of it. That incident now augments what just took place and makes it seems worse. That video is just a case of a drunken incident sliding vs. something racist happening it's fuel for the fire. I wouldn't think he is necessarily racist by doing what he did in the bar, but if I was a friend of his, when he sobered up, I think I'd have to tell him that made me feel uncomfortable..

I just saw the video and my assessment is this, it's one of those situations where him saying that gets overlooked because he was drunk. Being Black, I've been around people that I know and said that and weren't Black made me cringe a little, but wasn't enough to make me call them racist or to make a big deal out of it. That incident now augments what just took place and makes it seems worse. That video is just a case of a drunken incident sliding vs. something racist happening it's fuel for the fire. I wouldn't think he is necessarily racist by doing what he did in the bar, but if I was a friend of his, when he sobered up, I think I'd have to tell him that made me feel uncomfortable..

I hear you.

My rebuttal to Jecca was that the word IS racial slur. Dude said that Igcognito said nothing racist.

For as level-headed as you are about it, there are people who would be splitting wigs with the quickness if they heard the same thing.

I hear you.

My rebuttal to Jecca was that the word IS racial slur. Dude said that Igcognito said nothing racist.

For as level-headed as you are about it, there are people who would be splitting wigs with the quickness if they heard the same thing.
It is, no matter how you slice it. With the word, it's all about context. Think about what he said in that bar, while drunk, versus what Riley Cooper said. They were both drunk when they said it. If Pouncey were around Cooper when he said what he said, I guarantee there would be a different outcome. My feeling is, as Black people we say it and if we have non Black friends that say it, particularly when there is a mixed racial group, we let it slide depending on who it is. It's a very very very fine line, but context is a huge part of it. I've been in that situation and expressed my feeling on it, so in part I'm speaking from experience. 

Martin should have just walked out and demanded a trade or release.  Incognito is gone, but the locker room doesn't seem like its going to be very welcoming when/if he comes back. 

Questions about his emotional issues, and his sexuality that have arisen because of this situation probably isn't going to help his perception around the league either. 

Martin should have just walked out and demanded a trade or release.  Incognito is gone, but the locker room doesn't seem like its going to be very welcoming when/if he comes back. 

Questions about his emotional issues, and his sexuality that have arisen because of this situation probably isn't going to help his perception around the league either. 
Hell, we'll take him in Seattle if he wants to play in the most positive environment in football, for cheap.

I agree with CP, if it is proven that this current regime knew about all of this we need to clean house. The franchise has an image problem as is, this may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

:rofl:

dont come to the bay if your sensitive to that stuff. the filipinos around here use the word more than the black folks.

and there's no way martin will be ok back in that locker room. the team has chosen and they've sided with ritchie.

Last edited:
I didn't like this piece of **** when he played for NU, I hated him even more when he was with the Rams, and now he is finally getting what's due to him. Karma is a ***** Ritchie. Philbin and the whole Dolphin front office are going to go down over their ineptitude about this scumbag

Last edited:

:rofl:

dont come to the bay if your sensitive to that stuff. the filipinos around here use the word more than the black folks.

and there's no way martin will be ok back in that locker room. the team has chosen and they've sided with ritchie.

That's cause the Bay is full of non-black urban minorities who all things considered are incredibly well off yet for some reason feel a desperate need for hood validation. It's not just Filipinos.

Last edited:
roll.gif

Don't see where you get that.  Not what I heard.

Don't see where you get that.  Not what I heard.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 4m
Dolphins players backed Richie Incognito. Many of them seemed upset that he is gone and they don't seem to think it was warranted

Pretty much every Dolphins player that was interviewed had nothing but good things to say about Ritchie and defended him.

Crazy because it's pretty clear dude is a scumbag.

Last edited:
Pretty much every Dolphins player that was interviewed had nothing but good things to say about Ritchie and defended him.

Crazy because it's pretty clear dude is a scumbag.
There were a lot of responses where dudes clearly just didn't want to say anything on record.  Cameron Wake said "You'd have to ask every guy individually.  I can't speak for everyone else."

I think a lot of people, including me, are scared to come in here and even touch this subject. So I won't :lol:

Back
Top Bottom