Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

There's list of stuff that goes on in a NFL locker room that wouldn't fly at your desk job so why even try to compare them?

I can tell 99% of you guys never played football at any level. Even in high school if some guy was going around bullying someone, calling them a half-n he would of received an *** whoppin in the locker room.

Last edited:
There's list of stuff that goes on in a NFL locker room that wouldn't fly at your desk job so why even try to compare them?

I can tell 99% of you guys never played football at any level. Even in high school if some guy was going around bullying someone, calling them a half-n he would of been left leaking on the floor of the locker room.

this kind of excuse is basically condoning irrational and unsocial behavior

ok stuff does go on in a lockerroom, but it certainly doesn't mean that any person in that lockerroom should be immune from criticism or repercussion that would apply to any person outside of it

like there's people who are saying that there's rules and/or a code of conduct for regular people and then there's a separate set of rules that apply to athletes (in this case nfl players, as they seem to be the biggest culprits of wrongdoings)

just because a person puts on a football jersey doesn't grant them the ability to get away with more

and the "i can tell you guys never played football before" thing is lame. so what? that holds absolutely no weight on whether or not one thinks this kind of behavior should be acceptable or not

Last edited:
It wouldn't.

They carry guns in the NBA.

Yeh bruh...dey all be curryin guns bruh. U ryte. Shane Battier, Evan Turner, MCW...all da thugs.

i mean that's a pretty stupid thing to say. nba players for the most part party, smoke weed, bang hot chicks and do fairly benign stuff compared to the long list of transgressions from nfl players. yet nba players for some reason get billed as thugs and whatever

and the "i can tell you guys never played football before" thing is lame. so what? that holds absolutely no weight on whether or not one thinks this kind of behavior should be acceptable or not

Pretty much.

Having a different POV obviously = never played football :lol:

Some dudes are simple.

For dudes to be so tough right...football players come off mad emotional. 

Not all of them, but for the most part these dudes have some emotional baggage that they carry around. 

Whining and ****, trying to be controlling off the field, foh. 

Domineering types...
mean.gif

allowing for a different code of conduct between athletes and for regular everyday people is why many of these athletes feel they can get away with more

guys like incognito have probably been rewarded all their life for being overly aggressive, narrow minded meatheads - "yeah that ritchie, he's a crazy sob, but he sure can block well"

uhh...nope

Last edited:
i mean that's a pretty stupid thing to say. nba players for the most part party, smoke weed, bang hot chicks and do fairly benign stuff compared to the long list of transgressions from nfl players. yet nba players for some reason get billed as thugs and whatever
it was a joke...based on Shannon's pics.

Ya'll slow

i'm not about to read 5 pages of "i can tell y'all never played football before" so i'm responding to what i've read on this page

allowing for a different code of conduct between athletes and for regular everyday people is why many of these athletes feel they can get away with more

guys like incognito have probably been rewarded all their life for being overly aggressive, narrow minded meatheads - "yeah that ritchie, he's a crazy sob, but he sure can block well"

uhh...nope

and yet with all that said Ritchie WILL find another job in the near future. The guy is a decent guard and coaches love his nastiness. Someone like Tom Cable in Seattle would love to have Ritche on his line.

hey guys just bow out of this thread, you know - the ones who've never played football before because after all those opinions don't count as much as the ones who've even thrown a perfect spiral once or twice in their life

Last edited:
getting donuts, wearing a dora the explorer backpack, picking up the tab for dinner is one thing. incognito was basically bullying, harrassing, and extorting the kid on and off the field. and :smh: to the veterans for going along with it. they too were involved, but it was obvious that incognito was the ring leader and they didnt want to intervene

Last edited:
So the part of the Dolphins locker room would rather have a scumbag lunatic who is also a racist instead of a snitch? :smh:

Not even surprised.

and there we get to the crux of the problem - that nfl actively supports and protects these players' transgressions as long as it doesn't get back to reflect negatively on the people making the decisions - namely the coaches, suits, owners, etc. there's a long list of enablers in the nfl and we all see it, but that still doesn't mean that anyone involved in these types of actions is immune from receiving criticism or losing their job over this kind of stuff

LOL @ the way rush Limbaugh just opened his show…

“folks I wonder…is it too late…for Richie incognito to say… hes gay?”

Perfect :lol:

Rush Limbaugh said something stupid? Shocker. I guest that's now the official opinion of bitter racist white people everywhere.

Have there been any comments from players on the Dolphins about the racially charged VM?

LOL @ the way rush Limbaugh just opened his show…

“folks I wonder…is it too late…for Richie incognito to say… hes gay?”

Perfect :lol:

you know this is extremely wrong because it basically says "gay people can do and say anything they want and get away with it & white people can't say a damn thing anymore because everyone gets offended"

i mean i think/hope you're being sarcastic with your "perfect :lol:" remark, but i can't tell with some of you anymore

Last edited:
you know this is extremely wrong because it basically says "gay people can do and say anything they want and get away with it & white people can't say a damn thing anymore because everyone gets offended"

i mean i think/hope you're being sarcastic with your "perfect :lol:" remark, but i can't tell with some of you anymore

Carrying the torch for the poor persecuted white male :frown: :frown:

Back
Top Bottom