Tiger blasts Garcia for 'fried chicken' slur, calls it 'wrong, hurtful'

So question.

If he was talking about a Mexican golf player and said "tacos and coronas", would this be an issue?

Nope.

Who cares, this is a reach.
umm I'd say yeah that would be a issue
laugh.gif

origins...
No comparison at all my dude. 

Just know that white people eat just as much, or more fried chicken than blacks. 

This is the same issue that comes up with welfare...most of the welfare recipients are white but you are lead to believe otherwise.

Keep falling for it...

Last edited:
Let me ask JJ Watt & Ninjahood their take on this:

Scott—who made himself briefly famous during the offseason by questioning President Obama's citizenship—told ESPN's Amy K. Nelson during spring training that he would pelt the dark-skinned Pie with plantain chips ("bananas") "whenever he acts like an animal."

Luke Scott is the only pro baseball player that I can say that I actually HATE.

That being said, would you be more offended that he was throwing food at Pie, a Dominican, or the fact that he was throwing plantains at him? I mean, Dominicans do call themselves platanos, right?

can you admit that it was racially insensitive of him to say that? I'm not crying racist, I'm saying as a public figure he knows better. He knew he couldn't come out and call him a jigaboo. He looked for another way to get his point across by mentioning fried chicken. I wouldn't say people are getting worked up, but his actions still require some level of outrage. It's about respect at the end of the day. So what he didn't call him a mut, or a porch monkey. He still attacked the man
i'll admit that some people can and do find it a racially insensitive remark and that's fine.  i personally just don't.  see here's the thing.  he looked for another way to get his point across?  what was his point?  has he been overtly racist before?  does he not like ANY black people or was he just tryna be lame at tiger because tiger's an ******* who hates his own heritage?  if his point was that tiger's black and therefore loves fried chicken, i don't see the need for outrage.  if his point is that he 'secretly' hates black people, why is this the first time anyone's heard about it?  it just seems like one idiot was tryna dig at another idiot and thought of something dumb off the top of his dome that had to do with food since the topic was dinner.  if reporter had asked, 'hey sergio you and tiger ever just hang out, take walks together?,' you think his answer woulda been, 'yea we walk hand in hand through cotton fields,'?  i'd say probably not but hey he said something about fried chicken and so pandora's box has been opened.  next thing you know he's gonna pull a mel gibson and just go HAM on a black man.  or something.  i guess i'll just have to be the minority (yo, is that racist?!) and say, 'NEXT!,'.  i DO respect your opinion, doe.

But if it were a white persons face you'd be saying they only market to white people ...
um....what? do you think that's too attract black people?

No comparison at all my dude. 
I'm not trying to compare. The fried chicken and watermelon stereotypes did not come out of just anywhere, there's a deep and dark history behind them and to not acknowledge it is just pure ignorance.

I wonder if Tiger eats fried chicken and/or watermelon, or if he intentionally avoids it.
Seriously a few weeks ago I had an argument with a white guy crackin' fried chicken jokes, his boy called him ignorant and racist and dude got offended talkin' bout "I listen to 2 Chainz" how am I racist? It wasn't the point that black people do indeed love friend chicken like everyone else. It's the fact that he was racially insensitive to blacks who may be offended. You just can't let that **** slide ...some people get an inch and take a couple feet ...THEN next thing you know they got enough rope to hang me from a tree cause I kept saying "it's cool".

Whites are the minority of this planet and they have to strategically be on point at all times because they know the whole planet despises the "imperialistic" reign they currently have (reason for those white survivalist camps). If we let certain things slide and we know most whites are passive observers, it's a wrap for us if someone decide to spark a race war. War is 90% mental strategy and if self-defeating stereo-types are instilled in black in mass quantities, we don't stand a chance. I won't let that happen. Not on my watch.

You know how long it took us to break the cycle of self-defeating phrenology concepts? They're STILL deep rooted in the ghetto TODAY. I don't know about everyone else but like I said, I rep for my people who cannot comprehend the level of devious in which we escaped and must stay forever vigilant of. 

I know ain't no white people marching for me if I get took out by a racist. Look at our presidents and the ones in ever 60-50 years ago that openly used the N-word. This is nation we live in.

So question.

If he was talking about a Mexican golf player and said "tacos and coronas", would this be an issue?

Nope.

I'm not Mexican, so I can't tell you how I would feel about that, but the fried chicken line is definitely slick talk that has been used for years. Regardless of Tiger's obvious refusal to fully embrace that he is seen as a black man in America, despite his mixed heritage, his father was black and I'm sure that Tiger has spent enough time around his black family and has had enough "black experiences" to know that the fried chicken line is used to remind black folks to "stay in their place." It's not about food Ninjahood, it's about telling a black person without saying it "you don't belong/won't be accepted here."

Let's take a look at the fried chicken sterotype and remember, it's not about food.

Let's not play dumb.

Last edited:
Ain't nobody cryin'

I just can't believe you can't understand how that can be offensive.

It would be the same as someone calling a Mexican person a beaner.

NO.  NO.  it's NOT the same.  garcia didn't say (like i already posted previously) 'yea ima invite that jigaboo over,'  THAT is racist and THAT'S something to get worked up over.  i just posted that.  he didn't doe, he said he'd invite dude over for fried chicken.  THAT'S what i'm trying to say.  y'all equating 'fried chicken' with 'nignog'.  sorry, it's just not the same at all.

:smh:

Beaner- Originates from the prevalence of pinto beans and other beans in Mexican cuisine. Its a stereotype about food and its offensive.

How is it not the same? :nerd:

honestly though- look through our archives and count how many Mexican/Hispanic members have made racially-motivated threads (whether it police profiling/brutality, stereotypes, slang, word usage, potential hate crimes, opinions, clothing). Or Asian's for that matter, they really mainly come from one source. So its hard to compare their reaction

:stoneface:

Now we are determining if a race of people find a word or phrase offensive only if a thread about it has been started on NT?

Not at all, I'm confused how you took it that way. I'm saying that they clearly aren't as sensitive about words coming from other races. Maybe some people don't group all of one race into a category because SOME or A FEW of their people are ignorant and insensitive, or grew up with bad direction. Too much us against them type stuff- but this is where I stop talking. I don't wanna get into a discussion with you about black people because I'm not black and I couldn't possibly know where yall are coming from, right? That's what yall tell me, so argue amongst yourselves as to why yall have each others back when it comes to anything with another race cuz yall are all brothers. But that doesn't hold up when it comes to the streets, not even one bit- not with your own neighbors.

You live in TX right?

Go outside and the first Mexican person you see say that word to them and see what happens.

This is going on too long, not right for someone who's done so much for the sport. They need to hit these dudes hard in the pocket when this happens.

if someone said they'll serve some guacamole at my dinner party id be delighted.....

:rolleyes

mean.gif
at most of yall. So it's ok to "jokingly" spew racial stereotypes at another race? ok.

This seemed to be more out of spite- so the media wants yall to run with it
No, actually Sergio Garcia wants us (the public) to run with it as he is the person that originally said it. 
I'm saying that they clearly aren't as sensitive about words coming from other races.
One take on it can be that one race it "sensitive" as you say, another take on it can be that a particular race is "standing up" for themselves. 

I looked up online on Google but I can't find where Vijay Singh said anything racist about Tiger?

Anyone have a link to it?

So question.

Nope.

Of couse you would say something dumb regarding this issue. You always seem to feel a certain type of way when black people are offended, we got it.

Stop dealing with dumb hypotheticals.

Ain't nobody cryin'

NO.  NO.  it's NOT the same.  garcia didn't say (like i already posted previously) 'yea ima invite that jigaboo over,'  THAT is racist and THAT'S something to get worked up over.  i just posted that.  he didn't doe, he said he'd invite dude over for fried chicken.  THAT'S what i'm trying to say.  y'all equating 'fried chicken' with 'nignog'.  sorry, it's just not the same at all.

Beaner- Originates from the prevalence of pinto beans and other beans in Mexican cuisine. Its a stereotype about food and its offensive.

honestly though- look through our archives and count how many Mexican/Hispanic members have made racially-motivated threads (whether it police profiling/brutality, stereotypes, slang, word usage, potential hate crimes, opinions, clothing). Or Asian's for that matter, they really mainly come from one source. So its hard to compare their reaction

Now we are determining if a race of people find a word or phrase offensive only if a thread about it has been started on NT?

Not at all, I'm confused how you took it that way. I'm saying that they clearly aren't as sensitive about words coming from other races. Maybe some people don't group all of one race into a category because SOME or A FEW of their people are ignorant and insensitive, or grew up with bad direction. Too much us against them type stuff- but this is where I stop talking. I don't wanna get into a discussion with you about black people because I'm not black and I couldn't possibly know where yall are coming from, right? That's what yall tell me, so argue amongst yourselves as to why yall have each others back when it comes to anything with another race cuz yall are all brothers. But that doesn't hold up when it comes to the streets, not even one bit- not with your own neighbors.

You live in TX right?

Go outside and the first Mexican person you see say that word to them and see what happens.

Yessir, and I work with about 60 of them. I don't use that word, because its mean-spirited and disrespectful. You missed my point completely.

Definitely didn't miss your point like I stated above you won't do that because you know it would be a wrap for you.

What does Asian and Mexican people on NT not making threads about racism towards them have to do with them actually being offended by slurs.

:smh: at most of yall. So it's ok to "jokingly" spew racial stereotypes at another race? ok.

Comedians do it EVRY DAY for a living :rolleyes but they do it in the right context most of the time. This seemed to be more out of spite- so the media wants yall to run with it

This is true, but like u said, the right context. Anything said in the wrong context could be taken differently. Some things are just in bad taste which shouldn't be ignored. But everybody is insensitve until it hits home

mean.gif
at most of yall. So it's ok to "jokingly" spew racial stereotypes at another race? ok.

This seemed to be more out of spite- so the media wants yall to run with it
No, actually Sergio Garcia wants us (the public) to run with it as he is the person that originally said it. 

I'm saying that they clearly aren't as sensitive about words coming from other races.

One take on it can be that one race it "sensitive" as you say, another take on it can be that a particular race is "standing up" for themselves. 

I guarantee he wishes he could take it back now. Meanwhile- the media is having a good ole time reporting it and stirring the pot. I stand behind what I said.
Your damn right he wishes he can take the comment back, but it's too late now.  He tried to help lesson the damage by apologizing for the comment itself and finally doing the right thing and making a public apology to Tiger Woods.  The golfer that he knows is better than him, always has been........and most likely always will be.  Also, you can stand behind your comment all you want to, the fact of the matter is Garcia made the original statement in a public setting.  He didn't say that in the comfort of his own home or amongst close family and friends.  He said it and put it out there in a public forum for ALL to hear, he knew what he was doing.  Now he has to suffer the consequences for it, and rightfully so. 
Like I said on the last page, I'm glad yall stand up for each other, but its only when its "us against them"- and even over things that shouldn't even be given that much power. I know where you're coming from my dude, I'm just giving my perspective on the topic
First off, please don't use absolutes in your statement, especially when the "us" that you are referring to is someone other than yourself.  If you haven't truly experienced what it is to be black, the ins and outs, and the daily experience it is very hard for you to comment on "us" and to do so in such a definitive manner which is what you are doing. 

Secondly, I would be glad to answer or help give some insight to your thinking on the matter of standing up when we fight against them and not against ourselves so to speak, but I would rather do it in new thread or by way of pm. As to not derail or detract from the topic of this thread. 

Ain't nobody cryin'

You live in TX right?

Yessir, and I work with about 60 of them. I don't use that word, because its mean-spirited and disrespectful. You missed my point completely.

Definitely didn't miss your point like I stated above you won't do that because you know it would be a wrap for you.

What does Asian and Mexican people on NT not making threads about racism towards them have to do with them actually being offended by slurs.

I would never say that because I'm not a jerkoff- even if dude had me heated to the point I wanted to disrespect him- why would I go with a stereotype insult? I'm glad yall think i'm some sort of a pushover or that I'm scared of Hispanics :lol: me not being an ignorant jerkoff does NOT equal me being a scared little punk

and it has everything to do with it

Just admit it you don't like the fact that black people in real life and on this message board are vocal about racism or stereotypes when it is directed towards them.

Why does this bother you so much?

Should black people just say F it any time someone comes at them with a stereotype or any form of racism whether its subtle or in their face?

"Oh well they didn't physically attack me based on the color of my skin."

Maybe we should all be like Ninjahood >D

Last edited:
For y'all dudes saying "Oh it's not that serious, all he said was fried chicken". Nah, it is that serious. During slavery, slaves were not allowed to keep expensive meats, they were allowed to keep chickens so that's what they ate and it's something was passed down for generations.

This clown and Tiger have been going back and fourth for a while throwing jabs at each other but he definitely crossed the line. I'm not even surprised though cuz golf is one those sports that you kinda get away with saying racial stuff because of the culture they have in that sport.

Nowitzness, why are you in EVERY racial thread going hard to defend something. I'm not even tryna take shots but you be doing to much.

Back
Top Bottom