Tiger blasts Garcia for 'fried chicken' slur, calls it 'wrong, hurtful'

I hate when people reveal what that truly feel inside but are forced to apologize to save face with a contrived apology.

White people are the ones who created and still perpetuate the concept of "race" and divisions amongst races. Deal with it.

Last edited:

[

Just admit it you don't like the fact that black people in real life and on this message board are vocal about racism or stereotypes when it is directed towards them.

Why does this bother you so much?

Should black people just say F it any time someone comes at them with a stereotype or any form of racism whether its subtle or in their face?

"Oh well they didn't physically attack me based on the color of my skin."

Maybe we should all be like Ninjahood >D

I wont admit that because it isn't the case

It bothers me as somebody who would like everybody to be equal and treated as such- because whenever anything goes down, and one moron says something ignorant- it becomes everybody else's fault and then the distaste for white people flows like the ducktales flow from OP. If you wanna be on a separate team, and treat other races as such- then you're guilty of promoting the same negativity and racial separation that you claim to despise. Sergio is Spanish, he's from Europe- and yet OP and others are making this about whites. Great, yall have fun

You must have a guilty conscience.

Nobody in this thread is saying you did or said anything offensive but every race thread dealing with black people you are almost always
playing devils advocate or saying people shouldn't feel the way they do.

Last edited:

Perhaps if I was into that I would....people blatantly throw around jabs at others cultures and races, is not only blacks you know?....I get hit with the "you got that good stuff" line 7/10 times everytime I tell someone I'm Colombian....it just cracks me up...I'm gonna let someone else's ignorance ruin my day?...chilllllll

Anyways not trying to get caught up in this discussion....type of thread that usually ends up in multiple bans and I don't want to be one of them...so with that said..why don't we all just get along!?...lol

How many races and cultures can say they have had the same experience as blacks do/did in America though? That's what makes our situation so unique, and I wouldn't expect others to understand.

Wait....is this a serious question?

lol at that fake a** apology.. we all know son got hate in his heart :smh:
yup, dude trying to save those endorsements

You must have a guilty conscience.

Nobody in this thread is saying you did or said anything offensive but every race thread dealing with black people you are almost always
playing devils advocate or saying people shouldn't feel the way they do.

co-sign.
Nowitzness, making racist comments doesn't necessarily make you a racist. I'm sure we've ALL said something insensitive, rude, or something that could be considered racist. Does that make you or anyone else or I a racist? nope. The problem is you can't dismiss people and yell "reverse racism" when people state how they find something offensive/racist. It's not attacking you.

How many races and cultures can say they have had the same experience as blacks do/did in America though? That's what makes our situation so unique, and I wouldn't expect others to understand.

Yes. Tell me what other race was brought to the states against their will as chattel slavery. Brainwashed to believe they're inferior. Had their knowledge of self, history, culture, customs and traditions erased. Answer me papi.

Last edited:

:lol: sometimes i think certain folks think they have a monopoly on events.

meanwhile there's centuries of human civilization....

Well I think Daytona is talking about here in the US, but if it was worldwide then I saw on a documentary that Indians and blacks because of their dark skin and coarse hair were the biggest victims of slavery due to being low in society because of their dark skin complexion. Asians were victimized by their own kind as well as Latins. Jews also were taken into slavery by the Germans. I remember the documentary stating that slavery of Indians and people of Middle Eastern decent was the worst and lasted the longest spanning different generations, and Asians also by their own people selling them for money or whatever they can barter them for.

As to the topic at hand you have to be lying to yourself if you cannot see that this was meant as a racist poke by Garcia.

laugh.gif
sometimes i think certain folks think they have a monopoly on events.

meanwhile there's centuries of human civilization....
You mean like this?  
grin.gif

http://video.pbs.org/video/1877436791

http://www.orijinculture.com/commun...public-afro-descendants-latin-america-part-2/

It will be difficult for many Dominicans to deny their African ancestry outside of their country because by most standards, especially in North America and Europe, many of them look and are considered ‘Black.’ Many Dominicans possess phonotypical features ascribed to ‘Blacks’ such as darker complexions and curly hair. However, the notion of ‘Blackness’ in North America varies vastly from that in the Dominican Republic (DR).  While many North American adhere to the ‘one drop rule’, in which people who to have ‘one drop’ of African blood is considered to be ‘Black,’ in the DR, the term ‘Black’ or the notion of being African is rarely mentioned, let alone accepted as part of an individual’s makeup. Many Dominicans refer to themselves as ‘Indian,’ despite being of African, Awarwak and Spanish ancestry  and categorize themselves in terms of the various colour hues; “oscuro” for the darkest skinned, “canela” for those of medium hue, and “claro” for those with the lightest complexions. These categories also correlates with their established social hierarchy, with those possessing lighter hues situated at the top. However, the term ‘black; is rarely ever used unless it relates to ‘outsiders’ such as their Haitian counterparts.

As a person who is proud of her African ancestry, I could not help but react with disappointment at the dominant mentality espoused by many Dominicans. To me, a denial of one’s ancestry and roots is the ultimate manifestation of self hate.  However, as with most issues relating to race and culture of colonized people, everything must first be placed within its historical context in order for one to gain an understanding of the rationale behind why people in the DR do not identify themselves with their African roots.

The Dominican Republic shares the island of Hispaniola with Haiti and the two nations have always had a precarious relationship. Haiti gained it’s distinction as the first Black led Republic in 1804 after slaves led a successful revolt against the French. This also resulted in Haiti’s succession over the entire island, which resulted in it having rule over its then predominantly Hispanic Dominican Republic for 22 years. The Spanish colonized the DR and after they gained victory over the Haitians in 1844, they have made it a point to identify solely with their former Spanish colonizers. Since then, most political rulers have embarked on policies that have a direct bias against Haitians, who for most people in the DR were the ultimate manifestation of ‘blackness.’

Although it has been argued that upward to 90 percent of the DR exhibit features attributed to ‘Blacks’, leaders of the nation, the most famous of being former President Trujillo (who ruled from 1930 – 1961), fostered a culture of hate against Haitians and by extension Blacks (it should be noted that despite his efforts to conceal it, Trujillo’s maternal grandmother was a Black Haitian). Haitians and Blacks were positioned as being economically, culturally and socially inferior and as a result, most people sought to identify with their European colonizers. Colonization and its discourse fostered a heightened sense of the ‘Us’ vs ‘Them’ mentality whereby whose complexions appeared closer to the Spanish colonizers were deemed to be superior. Additionally, the implementation and continuation of an obvious deportation policy bias targeting Haitians in the DR demonstrates that this mentality still permeates the very fabric to Dominican society.

The issue surrounding the denyail of African roots in the DR was summed up very well by a young Dominican man who noted that “There was a sense of ‘deculturación’ among the African slaves of Hispaniola….an attempt to erase any vestiges of African culture from the Dominican Republic. We were, in some way, brainwashed and we’ve become westernized.” Despite this noted ‘brainwash,’ many Dominicans are forced to evaluate their identity when they leave their country and relocate to other countries in North America and Europe. In these new environments, many of them face almost the same level of discrimination as their other Black/African counterparts and are forced to assume the position of ‘outsider.’ In many ways, they are forces to embrace their ‘Africaness’ as a means to attaining a sense of belonging and community.

In recent years, many Dominicans have embarked on a campaign to foster an embrace of their African roots.  There has been a rise and development of Black pride organizations such as Black Woman’s Identity and many intellectuals have been lobbying for the incorporation of African roots, history and culture within Dominican society. While this movement continues to face a lot of challenges, many remain hopeful that one day Dominicans will embrace their African roots and ancestry with deserved pride.

Last edited:
obviously sergio has entered racist territory with his recent comments. he's wrong for tha. it's symptomatic of the bigger issue which is that people over in sergio's country are probably the biggest racists in all of europe. it's ingrained in their culture - they'll always find a way to resor to the lowest common denominator if you give them enough space and time.

having said that i don't think anyone should be coming to tiger woods defense as he's actively distanced himself all his life from anything having to do with african americans or issues concerning black americans in this country. i know some of you hold him in high regard as if he's some example anyone should try to emulate, but tiger woods is a herb inside and out

i mean...c'mon...every race loves fried chicken :lol:

Yes, I'm sure there he meant absolutely nothing by it at all. :rolleyes

I love when others try to decide what is or isn't offensive for other groups. "Fake outrage" because it didn't offend you?

Tiger don't even like being called black, now he wants to call himself that for some pity **** I'm not with this Uncle Tom on this topic

Back
Top Bottom