TIME - Overgrind 2 : The Critic - 2011 - Official TIME Post?

I'm in C-bus so I'll put my boys on your tape. More CLE rappers that can get big will be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I actually know a lot of CLE rappers who rip it ... Not sure who you all know

I'm in C-bus so I'll put my boys on your tape. More CLE rappers that can get big will be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I actually know a lot of CLE rappers who rip it ... Not sure who you all know

Wow nt is giving it up for time what is happening
laugh.gif

Nah but I was feeling your other tape. I'll check this one out.

Wow nt is giving it up for time what is happening
laugh.gif

Nah but I was feeling your other tape. I'll check this one out.

..My PERSONAL review

On My Way- The Critic starts off with TIME coming on the scene with a vengeance. Addressing his passion for the game and speaking on the fake n's who surround us on the internet. This joint definitely sets high expectations for the rest of the CD, with TIME letting us know he is well on his way. 4.5/5

I'm Giving In- TIME speaks on being a slave to the music and fully giving in to his craft. The sample on the hook flows nicely with the infectious track produced by the man himself. This track to me is like a novelty track though, not a lot of substance to keep me coming back to it, but definitely a solid track with standout lines like "My brain is lucrative, growing pains like +Ludacris+. So I'll +Disturb Tha Peace+ until they let me in this +****." 3.5/5

The Truth- Off the break, I wish TIME would've gave me this beat. LOL This joint cranks! And TIME flows smoothly over this jazzy sounding groove, addressing the track with "The Truth": and how most people aren't ready for it. The concept is carried out damn near perfectly on this one. I believe it's something every artist/fan should hear. Opinions are opinions, who can argue with facts? 4/5

Nowhere Fast- Right off the bat the sample sets the tone for this rock inspired track and it's nice. The beat outshines the verses overall on this track though. Joined by Cashmere D of EC and AJVash, all three verses are solid, yet none of them embody the WOW factor. Although the verses come up short, the beat itself will bring listeners back for a few more spins. Not bad. 3/5

I'm So Appalled- TIME goes in on the Kanye produced I'm So Appalled, giving listeners a nice little freestyle on how he's being himself through and through hate it or love it. It's always appreciated to hear an artist lend a few bars to someone else beat and TIME definitely holds his own on this one. 3.5/5

Carefree- Mood music +****! This is the epitome of that moniker made famous by Joe Budden. This song right here makes me wanna kick back with a few broads, smoke a few, and proceed to **** them down with no condom. But since I live in DC, it ain't never been that type of party. But this joint is flawless, track is a repeat offender, thanks to TIME on the mic and Alias on the track. I feel so care free! 4.5/5

Symmetry- I'm loving the switch up of TIME's flow on this track. The production on this track along with TIME's vicious flow makes for a perfect mix. After listening to the lyrics, I'm led to believe TIME is flowing with a chip on his shoulder, basically telling the naysayers he won't stop until they give his music an honest chance and rightfully so. The knowledge imparted at the end of the track is right on time, basically telling listeners to dig for the truth. Go beneath the surface if you really want to find what you are looking for. Good lyrics, great beat, good vibes. 4/5

Get Mine- "No more setbacks for TIME, it's daylight savings. Bring the horror when I rhyme, in the booth I'm Wes Craven." Ok I hear you champ. Off the break TIME let's you know he's coming for his. The hook on this song really allows you to hear the versatility in this guy's music. This defines an artist, being able to make a record and not just spit 16's with no core message. Very well written song with lots of replay value. #Imwitit 4/5

6 foot 7 foot- First off, I don't like this OG song or the beat. So anything I say about this track should be looked at as a biased opinion. With that being said, TIME holds his own on this track, with a nice flow and some solid wordplay. Blah blah blah, I'll leave it at that, it's just not for me. 2.5/5

Winning- "I'm so %#$**#@ high, my eyes pigeon toed."
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
If you smiggity like that, you definitely winning. My man TIME yet again addresses his haters, which he has come to have so many due to his brash opinions of others music. While also justifying his hard work, due to his triple threat: rapping, producing, and engineering. All in all this is not my favorite track but definitely a winner, no pun intended. 3.5/5

Organic Relaxation- I had the opportunity of hearing this a while ago. From the first time I heard it, I was floored. TIME goes in over this ATCQ classic, Electric Relaxation and when I came back to it on the tape, I thought it fit in nicely. Definitely loving the way he flipped this joint. Great Job. 4/5

The First Step- This beat goes so hard!!! *refuses to pause for you !%%!$*$* Yet another banger produced by the man himself. On this one TIME illustrates the first step to being successful and does it well might I add. From the lyrics, to the sound bite of Will Smith preaching hard work and dedication to your craft. Once again, this is a winner! 4/5

Hate Love- TIME flexes his wordplay on this mid-tempo sample driven track produced by, oh yeah, himself.  Yet again he expresses his undying love for the game, passion for his music, and saying %%@$ the haters! Seeing as that has been the theme for the whole mixtape, TIME manages to stay the course with this one. Definitely has some replay value and the only it's missing for me is one of TIME's infectious hooks, or maybe not. *shrugs* 4/5

Lord Lord Lord- My first time ever hearing AJVash was on "Nowhere Fast" and he was mediocre at best. I wish I heard him on this song first, because the wordplay/flow/swag was all on point! I really enjoyed his verse. Wes Duce comes on next with an amazing flow that meshes with the beat perfectly. Only thing is, the content was somewhat disposable to me. No real standout bars to me, but overall it sounds pretty good. TIME comes on at the end to round off the song with a very good verse. Overall this song does have replay value, but did I mention it's seven minutes? 3.5/5

Fly- What a wonderful way to end the CD by TIME letting you know he's flyer than all yall to this sample driven PLAN track. PLAN provides TIME with the perfect canvas to paint this picture of being above his peers with the electric guitar on the hook and ill bassline. Ironically enough, I think this is TIME's best lyrical effort on the whole cd, which PLAN tends to bring the best of that aspect out of an artist. Aeronautical engineer music. I *#$%# with this joint heavy. 4.5/5

Overall, I think it's pretty easy to tell that from my review, I really enjoyed this cd and will have it in rotation. I wrote this after two listens all the way through, so if I missed pointing out something, don't crucify me. If you tally up all the ratings it would be 57/75 I believe, which is 76% or C+. NT music has come a long way and I applaud everybody actively pursuing their dream. This is very good tape homie and I'm definitely proud to say I've had the opportunity to work with you. Now can I get a new beat my !$!$$?
laugh.gif

-Wize

pimp.gif

..My PERSONAL review

On My Way- The Critic starts off with TIME coming on the scene with a vengeance. Addressing his passion for the game and speaking on the fake n's who surround us on the internet. This joint definitely sets high expectations for the rest of the CD, with TIME letting us know he is well on his way. 4.5/5

I'm Giving In- TIME speaks on being a slave to the music and fully giving in to his craft. The sample on the hook flows nicely with the infectious track produced by the man himself. This track to me is like a novelty track though, not a lot of substance to keep me coming back to it, but definitely a solid track with standout lines like "My brain is lucrative, growing pains like +Ludacris+. So I'll +Disturb Tha Peace+ until they let me in this +****." 3.5/5

The Truth- Off the break, I wish TIME would've gave me this beat. LOL This joint cranks! And TIME flows smoothly over this jazzy sounding groove, addressing the track with "The Truth": and how most people aren't ready for it. The concept is carried out damn near perfectly on this one. I believe it's something every artist/fan should hear. Opinions are opinions, who can argue with facts? 4/5

Nowhere Fast- Right off the bat the sample sets the tone for this rock inspired track and it's nice. The beat outshines the verses overall on this track though. Joined by Cashmere D of EC and AJVash, all three verses are solid, yet none of them embody the WOW factor. Although the verses come up short, the beat itself will bring listeners back for a few more spins. Not bad. 3/5

I'm So Appalled- TIME goes in on the Kanye produced I'm So Appalled, giving listeners a nice little freestyle on how he's being himself through and through hate it or love it. It's always appreciated to hear an artist lend a few bars to someone else beat and TIME definitely holds his own on this one. 3.5/5

Carefree- Mood music +****! This is the epitome of that moniker made famous by Joe Budden. This song right here makes me wanna kick back with a few broads, smoke a few, and proceed to **** them down with no condom. But since I live in DC, it ain't never been that type of party. But this joint is flawless, track is a repeat offender, thanks to TIME on the mic and Alias on the track. I feel so care free! 4.5/5

Symmetry- I'm loving the switch up of TIME's flow on this track. The production on this track along with TIME's vicious flow makes for a perfect mix. After listening to the lyrics, I'm led to believe TIME is flowing with a chip on his shoulder, basically telling the naysayers he won't stop until they give his music an honest chance and rightfully so. The knowledge imparted at the end of the track is right on time, basically telling listeners to dig for the truth. Go beneath the surface if you really want to find what you are looking for. Good lyrics, great beat, good vibes. 4/5

Get Mine- "No more setbacks for TIME, it's daylight savings. Bring the horror when I rhyme, in the booth I'm Wes Craven." Ok I hear you champ. Off the break TIME let's you know he's coming for his. The hook on this song really allows you to hear the versatility in this guy's music. This defines an artist, being able to make a record and not just spit 16's with no core message. Very well written song with lots of replay value. #Imwitit 4/5

6 foot 7 foot- First off, I don't like this OG song or the beat. So anything I say about this track should be looked at as a biased opinion. With that being said, TIME holds his own on this track, with a nice flow and some solid wordplay. Blah blah blah, I'll leave it at that, it's just not for me. 2.5/5

Winning- "I'm so %#$**#@ high, my eyes pigeon toed."
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
If you smiggity like that, you definitely winning. My man TIME yet again addresses his haters, which he has come to have so many due to his brash opinions of others music. While also justifying his hard work, due to his triple threat: rapping, producing, and engineering. All in all this is not my favorite track but definitely a winner, no pun intended. 3.5/5

Organic Relaxation- I had the opportunity of hearing this a while ago. From the first time I heard it, I was floored. TIME goes in over this ATCQ classic, Electric Relaxation and when I came back to it on the tape, I thought it fit in nicely. Definitely loving the way he flipped this joint. Great Job. 4/5

The First Step- This beat goes so hard!!! *refuses to pause for you !%%!$*$* Yet another banger produced by the man himself. On this one TIME illustrates the first step to being successful and does it well might I add. From the lyrics, to the sound bite of Will Smith preaching hard work and dedication to your craft. Once again, this is a winner! 4/5

Hate Love- TIME flexes his wordplay on this mid-tempo sample driven track produced by, oh yeah, himself.  Yet again he expresses his undying love for the game, passion for his music, and saying %%@$ the haters! Seeing as that has been the theme for the whole mixtape, TIME manages to stay the course with this one. Definitely has some replay value and the only it's missing for me is one of TIME's infectious hooks, or maybe not. *shrugs* 4/5

Lord Lord Lord- My first time ever hearing AJVash was on "Nowhere Fast" and he was mediocre at best. I wish I heard him on this song first, because the wordplay/flow/swag was all on point! I really enjoyed his verse. Wes Duce comes on next with an amazing flow that meshes with the beat perfectly. Only thing is, the content was somewhat disposable to me. No real standout bars to me, but overall it sounds pretty good. TIME comes on at the end to round off the song with a very good verse. Overall this song does have replay value, but did I mention it's seven minutes? 3.5/5

Fly- What a wonderful way to end the CD by TIME letting you know he's flyer than all yall to this sample driven PLAN track. PLAN provides TIME with the perfect canvas to paint this picture of being above his peers with the electric guitar on the hook and ill bassline. Ironically enough, I think this is TIME's best lyrical effort on the whole cd, which PLAN tends to bring the best of that aspect out of an artist. Aeronautical engineer music. I *#$%# with this joint heavy. 4.5/5

Overall, I think it's pretty easy to tell that from my review, I really enjoyed this cd and will have it in rotation. I wrote this after two listens all the way through, so if I missed pointing out something, don't crucify me. If you tally up all the ratings it would be 57/75 I believe, which is 76% or C+. NT music has come a long way and I applaud everybody actively pursuing their dream. This is very good tape homie and I'm definitely proud to say I've had the opportunity to work with you. Now can I get a new beat my !$!$$?
laugh.gif

-Wize

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom