Tony Stewart Strikes driver during race after he gets out of car

I don't see how anyone can pass judgment until they see an angle that proves he could have missed him.

I don't know if there are any arguments against him that can't argued by his defense when it comes down to it. I have a feeling that even if this was intentional, the only way he will have any accountability for it is if he owns up to it.

I don't know what you people are talking about blaming Stewart. The guy was walking into the middle of the damn road.

Because the driver before him went went way left while stewart, the guy ward is mad at was driving near the middle of the track. Ward put himself in that bad situation but stewart didn't seem concerned driving close to him.

Without other cameras or angles it will be tough to pin a majority of liability on Tony IMO. We will see what they come up with. Regardless that will sit with him the rest of his life

Without other cameras or angles it will be tough to pin a majority of liability on Tony IMO. We will see what they come up with. Regardless that will sit with him the rest of his life

of course, you killed a guy. accident or not, its gonna haunt you.

i hope it was an accident but either way hes an idiot. drive to the left where everyone else was and we wouldnt be sitting here talking about this. someone always gotta be a hard ***

My take:

Idiot #1 gets out of car and goes onto a middle of a race track with cars going up to 100 mph
Idiot #1 avoids getting hit by several cars until he encounters Idiot #2
Idiot #2 tries to intimidate Idiot #1 and accidentally kills Idiot #1

Idiots all around :smh:

My take:

Idiot #1 gets out of car and goes onto a middle of a race track with cars going up to 100 mph
Idiot #1 avoids getting hit by several cars until he encounters Idiot #2
Idiot #2 tries to intimidate Idiot #1 and accidentally kills Idiot #1

Idiots all around :smh:

This

If a person is standing in the middle of the road even they aren't supposed to be there you can't speed up and hit them on purpose.

Last edited:
Because the driver before him went went way left while stewart, the guy ward is mad at was driving near the middle of the track. Ward put himself in that bad situation but stewart didn't seem concerned driving close to him.

i lpled a bit. did u not see the vid. he blipped the throttle and u can clearly hear it. then the washing machine took the kid and spit him back up.

kid.was all in your face,.eddie griffin michael.jackson pointing and then it was all.over. terrible situation, tony has to live with this.for.the rest.of his.life,

now the gordons,.patricks, johnsons and and.earnhardts.will take a stand.

^
I only saw it once. Didn't listen close enough to hear that throttle sound.

Yall gotta calm down with the "obviously it was intentional" thing.  I grew up around this type of racing as my dad raced dirt track cars and his good friend raced sprint cars. i also have a buddy that still does.  The wing comes down on the right side and blocks most of the view out of the right side of the car. It's very possible he couldn't really see him. Also, there is no way Stewart would have even seen the guy crash, so when he came back around, he had no idea what was going on, no idea the guy had crashed and was pissed off at him. 

It is also crazy to assume that Stewart would just purposely run over a guy on a damn racetrack in front of fans and cameras and throw away his life and career

Finally, to those saying "You can hear him hit the gas, he was obviously trying to hit him". The easiest and fastest way to make these cars turn left, is to hit to gas. He was probably just trying to get down to the bottom of the track, away from the kid.

Very sad though. RIP to Kevin Ward

Last edited:
Ya no problem. This is actually an on board video from my friends sprint car, notice the wing coming down on the right side, not much visibility.

especially at night with the glare from the lights.

That video proves that this kids decision to stand in the middle of the damn race track was even more illogical than I 1st thought.

why would t Stewart be right in the middle of the track and not hugging the inside lane like everyone else.
Not true though, watch again, the car 3 cars before Stewart was actually even higher on the track. he was right up next to the kid and his wrecked car

Intentional or not on Stewart's part, what type of doofus walks on a track full of speeding cars while the race is still going on?

I feel sorry for his family. Wish that he made a wiser decision.

What ward did was literally like us walking across your local highway during traffic hour

Darwin's theory in affect....

i dont get it but
1] it‘s obvious stewart bumped him.
2] blue car avoided him as well as many others
3] stewart had plenty of time to not even come close to him, so why did he?
4] its just hard to defend stewart, other than to give him those benefits of the doubts

If you're talking about when he crashed, they never actually made contact if you watch close. He definitely gave the guy nowhere to go so that's why he was pissed off, but they didnt touch. He just got up into the loose dirt and lost control
Plus to add to that
It was the wing of the car that hit Ward
So to blame Stewart entirely for an accident is not correct
Preventable? Of course if the damn guy didn't stand in the middle of the track

Sad situation all around. RIP to the kid.

That said, stay in your car! Or at the very least, don't walk into oncoming traffic during a race, caution flag or not. Common sense ain't common, apparently.

Thank you for your informed and sensible post.  Like I mentioned before, it's just way too early to make any assumptions on what really happened.  We're basing all of this on 1 shaky fan-footage!  

Until the investigation is complete, I think we should all refrain from making any sort of judgement.  

Back
Top Bottom