Transformers (5): The Last Knight - June 23, 2017

tumblr_pfipk7zkb51u9iw4go1_640.gif

:wow:

It took 11 years for them to get it right but dammit they did it!

I fully expect this Cybertron scene to only be a minute in the actual film. I hope they just release that scene since that's all I care to see from this movie:lol:

I remember the hype we all had in the first movie thread in 2006-07 but talk about extinguishing a flame:smh:

Yo! Chills!

Action you can actually see
Robots that look like the cartoon
Not 40 different robots on screen
Bay nowhere on the credits

I fully expect this Cybertron scene to only be a minute in the actual film. I hope they just release that scene since that's all I care to see from this movie:lol:

I remember the hype we all had in the first movie thread in 2006-07 but talk about extinguishing a flame:smh:
Transformers 1 will always get a pass from me becuase it was the first. It just needed an hour to be cut from it. The rest......... ugh

Bumblebee 100% on RT

Fans of the classic "Transformers" will be thrilled by many of the touches here. But there is also now an entire generation of kids who are going to get to watch a girl drive, with a smile on her face.

Dec 9, 2018 | Rating: B+ | Full Review…
v1.YzsyNDczO2c7MTc5MTA7MTIwMDszODs0Mg

Liz Shannon Miller
indieWire
Top Critic

"Bumblebee," for its part, has just enough wit, playfulness and charm to develop a voice of its own, which is no small thing in the context of a flashy, lunkheaded studio franchise.

Dec 9, 2018 | Full Review…
v1.YzsyNjQzO2c7MTc5MTA7MTIwMDsxNTA7MTUw

Justin Chang
Los Angeles Times
Top Critic

It's an effective reimagining that also bears a knowing resemblance to classic youth-oriented films from Bumblebee executive producer Steven Spielberg.

user_none.710c9ebd183.jpg

Justin Lowe
Hollywood Reporter
Top Critic

"Bumblebee" is basically the movie that fans of the 1980s animated series wanted all along.

v1.YzsyMzUyO2c7MTc5MTA7MTIwMDszODs0Mg

Peter Debruge
Variety
Top Critic

As a course correction for the series, pulling the previously complex mythology way back and starting over from scratch, it's enormously effective.

Dec 8, 2018 | Full Review…
v1.YzsyNzQ5O2c7MTc5MTA7MTIwMDsxNTA7MTUw

William Bibbiani
TheWrap
Top Critic

Bumblebee was quite a wonderful experience even for this non-Transformers fan. I can only imagine that true fans should be thrilled that a movie finally captures what they love about those robots.

Dec 9, 2018 | Rating: 7.5/10 | Full Review…
v1.YzsyMzIzO2c7MTc5MTA7MTIwMDszODs0Mg

Edward Douglas
The Weekend Warrior

For true Transformers fans this prequel will serve as a melancholic coming-of-age journey into the backstory of Bee and a great 'restart' to the direction of the film series as a whole.

Dec 9, 2018 | Rating: 3.5/5 | Full Review…
v1.YzszMDc2O2o7MTc5MTA7MTIwMDszMDA7MzAw

Ben Rolph
Discussing Film
...a fun, well-acted, exciting and even emotional piece of popcorn action.

Dec 9, 2018 | Rating: 15/20 | Full Review…

Cain Noble-Davies
FILMINK (Australia)

In a better, truer cinematic universe, Travis Knight would have been in charge of the Transformers franchise all along.

Dec 9, 2018 | Rating: 3/5 | Full Review…

Phil Hoad
Guardian

It's a movie more Iron Giant than Armageddon, though unlike the Vin Diesel-voiced Brad Bird creation, no Autobot will be able to insist they're "not a gun" forever

v1.YzsyMjUwO2o7MTc5MTA7MTIwMDsyMDA7MjUw

Luke Y. Thompson
Nerdist

An impassioned ode to both the toys and their era, this, at last, is the Transformers movie we've been waiting for.

Dec 9, 2018 | Rating: 4/5 | Full Review…

James Dyer
Empire Magazine

It was nice to enjoy a Transformers movie again.

Dec 9, 2018 | Rating: 7/10 | Full Review…

Jim Vejvoda
IGN Movies

Bumblebee 2 got greenlighted.

Not interdasted in seeing Bumblebee 1

HATED TLK.but im very eager to see Unicron and Quintessa after TLK

BB was overall a good movie but it was very Disney channel like. To their credit it’s what they were going for so I can accept that

lassie, Autobots style was bumble bee.

Dudes ask me all the time and that's exactly what I tell them and then I get called a hater:lol: First 5 minutes is dope, then its 90 minutes of a pet movie and daddy issues, then Prime pops up in the last minute. Movie was whack. Like if MBay movies were the trash, this movie would be the recyclables because there's at least something salvageable due to that opening/end scene.

So is it worth checking out? Playing at the cheap theater for $5

See my reply above. Youtube should have that opening and end scenes. Use that $5 for some Wendy's or something.

Back
Top Bottom