Trinidad James said "The South runs NY" while in NYC..

but Cheif Keef, 2 Chainz, and all that other crap is better??
laugh.gif
i rather listen to all of the early 2000's music over the stuff that's currently labeled "hot" now.
Yes. 

Thanks for the replies and responses regarding the new New York producers.  I saw the name Harry Fraud mentioned a few times, I don't think I heard any of his material but I'll search around and see what he has to offer.  From the outside looking in, I think some of the young producers in New York need to somehow band together or learn from some of the older producers like Magic1978 mentioned, to perfect their craft and help usher in a new sound or to just get hot to help some of the upcoming New York rappers get hot to start making better music.  Steel sharpens steel.

I'll be honest with you some of these cat are learning from the older guys [there's a group I know of but I'm not gonna name names], but they still don't understand instrumentals. They make records like it's all about the repetitive keys or catchy baseline that sticks with you. They don't understand how and why the musicians they sampling from came up with those riffs or what makes those riffs pop on the old records. It's like they don't understand it's not the simplicity of a three chord chorus that sticks with you but that the man that played those chords lived a life time pain, of regret, of frustration, joy, jubilation, sorrow that resonates in the music.

In turn the dudes that rap over these instrumentals see them as nothing but hot records to spit over. The reason why I can roll with a guy like Trinidad James, is because that's exactly how dudes from Trinidad that floss act like .. it's exactly how dudes act when they get a little money go out and get a gold crown on their teeth. Even though he needed to spend more time learning his craft instead of going for the instant fame, the song completely resonates with you

EDIT: Honestly it's why a lot of these old cats get up in arms about being sampled.
EDIT: I had to add a second edit I was only referring to All Gold Everything song and video ... As far as Trinidad James is concerned to give the Trinidad James part context

Last edited:
I was waiting for friendly fire in that tiny closet studio, lol
How you in a peacoat and a wife beater at the same damn time, lol

When Dallas actually does something for southern hip hop then you can say New York lost. Trying to group your city with Atlanta . Like the 15th player on Miami's D League team saying we did it
laugh.gif
give me a hug bro

your to easy to be hurt 
roll.gif
roll.gif

and on another note I dont give a damn about if Dallas doesn't ever contribute 

to southern hip hop or not because at the end of the day im going to listen to what I

want to listen and dont listen to what i dont want to listen to just like everyone else on NT

and when you understand that concept maybe you will stop rambling on why consumer are loosing in your opinion and why Ny hip hop aint ****

it doesnt make any difference to me I dont rap 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I havent group my city with any other city you just resorted to that comment because your heart hurts 

Last edited:
I'll keep my take on this whole issue short.

-Trinidad James is quite possibly one of the worst rappers I've ever heard. Nothing this fool says should ever be taken seriously. His 10min of fame are about over, just let this dude go away

-here in AZ, the only rapper from the South that gets consistent air time is 2chainz. Maclemore, Drake, Big Sean and J**** get more air time than any southern artist. At least for me, I'm not seeing this southern domination.

-if we are talking about the Southern sound dominating hip hop, I can sort of see where that is coming from. The "trap" beats are very popular these days, but if anything I hear more West Coast style drums and synths making a comeback.

-Trinidad James is quite possibly one of the worst rappers I've ever heard. Nothing this fool says should ever be taken seriously. His 10min of fame are about over, just let this dude go away

-here in AZ, the only rapper from the South that gets consistent air time is 2chainz. Maclemore, Drake, Big Sean and J**** get more air time than any southern artist. At least for me, I'm not seeing this southern domination.

-if we are talking about the Southern sound dominating hip hop, I can sort of see where that is coming from. The "trap" beats are very popular these days, but if anything I hear more West Coast style drums and synths making a comeback.

ehh. don't know where you stay, but 2 Chainz, Future, Migos, and Rich Homie Quan stay on the radio.

and at any given time when someone new pops off from the south they'll be all on the radio until they

fizzle out.

"we ask for 30...we tell the jury and the judge we don't want 25 we ask for 30"

"one of my shooters say he'll take 60 to life for this ***** Trinidad James"

:x :rofl: :rofl:

Not quite possibly.  Is.

Trinidad James is thee worst rapper ever signed to anything ever.  Literally.  

He made a semi-valid point about the state of NY hip hop (and radio/mainstream/pop hip hop blurring the lines of what's relevant on a national level), amid ****-talking and babbling about things that were both untrue and he had, as a nothing *** rapper, no qualification to say.

But I digress.  

that video :wow: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: TJ better not show his face in NY anymore, he's gonna get gunned down lol but these dudes agree with him. they also do speak some truth to the east coast not bonding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom