Turning 20 vol. Thread About Life

whats good NT?  this is kind of a rant/ need advice thread.
 I just turned 20 today and can't help but look at life as if its damn near 1/3 of the way through if i'm lucky. I'm not really a type to play up birthdays but *#@% / life just feels weird recently. 

College is pretty dope but i've hit a point (reality) where i feel like realize certain *#@% is never going happen and to narrow down my paths (especially being rich with all these college loans im taking). What our teachers told us when we we're kids about "you can be whatever you want" is useful to inspire, but definitely give you high standards that you may not always be able to meet (Unless you're a M3 driving, Norwegian super model dating, astronaught, niketalker
pimp.gif
 )  it seems like the "brushing off the future to deal with another day" button doesn't work anymore and i have to start dealing with all this *#@%, i've ignored. Most of this *#@% hits hardest when i 
pimp.gif
so i cant even get away from it then. 

If i was as religious as my parents i'd just dap up Jesus, let him pay my bills and give me Eva Mendez on a satin bed, but even religion (or at least they way damn near everyone i know, views it) seems like a way to console yourself into old age and to be ok with all the opportunities you've either missed or +$%+%$ up on.
ohwell.gif

idk im just looking for some outside input.

inb4 didnt read

whats good NT?  this is kind of a rant/ need advice thread.
 I just turned 20 today and can't help but look at life as if its damn near 1/3 of the way through if i'm lucky. I'm not really a type to play up birthdays but *#@% / life just feels weird recently. 

College is pretty dope but i've hit a point (reality) where i feel like realize certain *#@% is never going happen and to narrow down my paths (especially being rich with all these college loans im taking). What our teachers told us when we we're kids about "you can be whatever you want" is useful to inspire, but definitely give you high standards that you may not always be able to meet (Unless you're a M3 driving, Norwegian super model dating, astronaught, niketalker
pimp.gif
 )  it seems like the "brushing off the future to deal with another day" button doesn't work anymore and i have to start dealing with all this *#@%, i've ignored. Most of this *#@% hits hardest when i 
pimp.gif
so i cant even get away from it then. 

If i was as religious as my parents i'd just dap up Jesus, let him pay my bills and give me Eva Mendez on a satin bed, but even religion (or at least they way damn near everyone i know, views it) seems like a way to console yourself into old age and to be ok with all the opportunities you've either missed or +$%+%$ up on.
ohwell.gif

idk im just looking for some outside input.

inb4 didnt read

I turn 30 in 4 months. My advice....enjoy those years that you have while you are young. My dad has told me this when I was a kid but your kid years will start too look very small as you get older. Your life after college is so much more complex. I never thought I say this but I kind of miss going to high school and even college for that matter. I think this so called stress you are dealing with will pass and you will look at it one day and say, boy was that not a big deal.

Take life as it comes but appreciate it even if you have no idea where you are going. I am dealing with a lot of family members passing right now and it's almost surreal and sad. I feel like I missed out on doing a lot of things and it sucks that I can't make it up.

I turn 30 in 4 months. My advice....enjoy those years that you have while you are young. My dad has told me this when I was a kid but your kid years will start too look very small as you get older. Your life after college is so much more complex. I never thought I say this but I kind of miss going to high school and even college for that matter. I think this so called stress you are dealing with will pass and you will look at it one day and say, boy was that not a big deal.

Take life as it comes but appreciate it even if you have no idea where you are going. I am dealing with a lot of family members passing right now and it's almost surreal and sad. I feel like I missed out on doing a lot of things and it sucks that I can't make it up.

If you're trying to say you're scared of the future and where your life's going, you just gotta take life one day at a time. Don't lose sight of what's ahead and the responsibilities that come with it, but don't let that get the best of you. As long as you're alive, there will always be a future and a new problem to endure, so there's really no point in letting it get to you. Enjoy the fun you're having with college while you're there. Once it's gone, it's gone. Just face reality of the 'real world' when it's time to face it.

The fact that you're in college and trying to do something with yourself is a lot more than most people can say, including myself. Do what you gotta do there and don't lose sight of your goals/dreams.

Like Fongstarr said, I missed out on a lot of experiences in life, especially school-life and not going to college, mainly because I was worried and had anxiety about the future. Those moments have passed and there's no way to go back and relive them. You'll despise yourself and have major regrets if you don't live in the now. Unfortunately with life, there will always be obstacles in the way, if this is the least of your concerns and worries, then it seems you're doing fine and are on the right path. The moment you realize all of this, the more you'll get out of life and the experiences you're having now.

Now get off of NikeTalk and enjoy your birthday.

If you're trying to say you're scared of the future and where your life's going, you just gotta take life one day at a time. Don't lose sight of what's ahead and the responsibilities that come with it, but don't let that get the best of you. As long as you're alive, there will always be a future and a new problem to endure, so there's really no point in letting it get to you. Enjoy the fun you're having with college while you're there. Once it's gone, it's gone. Just face reality of the 'real world' when it's time to face it.

The fact that you're in college and trying to do something with yourself is a lot more than most people can say, including myself. Do what you gotta do there and don't lose sight of your goals/dreams.

Like Fongstarr said, I missed out on a lot of experiences in life, especially school-life and not going to college, mainly because I was worried and had anxiety about the future. Those moments have passed and there's no way to go back and relive them. You'll despise yourself and have major regrets if you don't live in the now. Unfortunately with life, there will always be obstacles in the way, if this is the least of your concerns and worries, then it seems you're doing fine and are on the right path. The moment you realize all of this, the more you'll get out of life and the experiences you're having now.

Now get off of NikeTalk and enjoy your birthday.

I just turned 20 in OCT, its the same stuff everyday and I need a new outlook on life...

I just turned 20 in OCT, its the same stuff everyday and I need a new outlook on life...

I'm 19 and I feel that way now. The only thing that is pushing me on is my winnings from poker. Winning $0-700 a night is good enough to ease my mind. I must be doing something right.
pimp.gif

I'm 19 and I feel that way now. The only thing that is pushing me on is my winnings from poker. Winning $0-700 a night is good enough to ease my mind. I must be doing something right.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

pimp.gif

You don't know how bad I want back in on the online poker game.. I live in the only state where it's a Class C felony, makes it quite a hassle to get in anywhere.

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

pimp.gif

You don't know how bad I want back in on the online poker game.. I live in the only state where it's a Class C felony, makes it quite a hassle to get in anywhere.

im coming up on 21.....focus of school, don't drop out, and party until the wheels fall off, cus once it's over, it's exactly what it is.

and if you never seen the world, I suggest you do so, I never flew a day in my life, but its more out there than the DMV, I want to travel so effin bad man you just don't know lol.

Back
Top Bottom