Two NYPD cops shot in the BX

If they were actually good cops (yes, they exist), RIP.

If they were bad cops I couldn't care less.
No it isn't.

So long as they are part of a lobby that continues to uphold unjust laws & policies I'm not going to hear that.

So long as they continue to honor the BS thin blue line, putting their own ahead of those they vowed to serve and protect I will not hear that.

I will not hear any of it.
What about cops who join the force hoping to do right and show people that not all cops and brutal scumbags/murderers? Inb4 "there aren't any"

It's foolish to condemn all cops like that. Is there a massive problem with the police in the US? Absolutely and people, especially minorities, are right to be wary of the police and assume the worst. But to condemn every single one of them? Nah.

Last edited:
I give everyone the benefit of the doubt except cops, its crazy. Like i would hope the cops were doing good, but i could really care less if they get justice or not. 

They are corrupt and dont uphold the law they want others to abide by. oh and ****** get shot everyday,b.  

The point is not all of them do. Just because they wear the badge doesn't mean that they go around "Officer Walkering." There are literally police who make a career of directing traffic. How do you group them into the crowd that goes around profiling and harassing citizens?

If your mom was a NY citizen and was raped, you wouldn't want the NYPD investigating? Or if there was an arrest in the case, you wouldn't want the detective on the case testifying? You're just completely wiping your hands of all New York police?

No, sir, they all do. If you're part of the NYPD you're part of the PBA (Patrolmen's Benevolent Association).

Therefore they all actively have a hand in the lobby effort.

And miss me with the idea that they don't all uphold the thin blue line. They do, they absolutely all do. Generally cops don't testify against their own unless they're pretty much forced to do so to save their own ***.

dude just avoide the question completely :lol:

What i dont really understand are people who pride themselves on being well educated and "know" their history, to just accept authority and the powers that be.

They prop them up to these grandiose heights of ethical and self-less behavior when they are as @ksteezy  just stated, people getting a paycheck.  Understand they are not out for the betterment of the people they govern, they look out for themselves and the status quo. 

And god help us all if we criticize said people who have a bad history of abusing and taking advantage of their power. Think gentlemen a little deeper about the institutions around us that are founded on oppression.

Last edited:
Sneakerheathen 1 Ksteezy 0... SH in here dropping ether. Good ish bro. Continue to tell it like it is. Ksteezy in here telling tax payers to accept police corruption, police brutality, and poor police services that they pay for because Johnny officer is a hero that risks his life.

You stay with your clown **** :lol:

Because asking for sympathy for 2 human beings that just been shot while on the job = accepting police corruption and brutality :rofl:

Clown on bro

Cops aren't firefighters or EMTs ( who are true heroes). We should give more praise to true heroes instead of crime fighters who work to enforce unjust laws and protect the property of the ruling elite.

You know during 911 it was Firefighters AND cops rushing into these burning buildings and have their lives to save others....guess those dudes wearing blue uniforms were not NYPD

I'm not caping for NYPD anymore than I'm exposing how ridiculous you two sound throwing a blanket statement over the entire force as if there isn't a single good person wearing a badge....its ODEEEEE ignorant....talk about stereotyping...I've had my running switch plenty **** cops in my life just like some of you if not more because of where I grew up and because I'm Hispanic and as a younger adult I couldn't stand NYPD as a whole, as a grown adult to say the things some of you are saying are rather immature, all cops are corrupt because the system they work for is corrupt....AIGHT.

Cops aren't firefighters or EMTs ( who are true heroes).
WTH?
laugh.gif

You know Cops perform some of the same functions as both paramedics and EMTs right?

eh how many folks do the nypd kill
no sympathy from me
i mean that is messed up for their families
but so was oscar grants fam
and sean bells fam
and tamer rie fam
and so on and so on

this. its still breaking news when a cop gets shot, not even killed...just shot. but not as big a deal when an everyday citizen gets shot. yet citizens don't put themselves into harms way, cops do as its their job to do so, and so i expect cops to get shot. but the media always plays it oppositely. :smh: sad

Hurts me that one of my friends is in the academy and will be in the NYPD in five months. The **** that already comes out his mouth already tells me that he's gonna be scum just like a lot them already are. Really sucks man :smh:

i got a good friend who, in search of a career, or a way out, is looking at nassau pd. i mean i get it, they get great pension, blah blah blah. was explaining this to my other friend, my issue isn't with the role and benifits. my issue is he gonna be put in a situation where he has to turn a blind eye to some crooked **** being done on an honest citizen or something like that. or worse, is he gonna have to help out, out of fear of being labeled a rat, or just treated like a pariah within the dept. idk **** like that concerns me. he's a good dude, and is almost never angry. just doesn't fit that role imo.

I wasn't aware you were actively doing something to change our justice system...bravo bro.

Figured you'd leave another retort in there. You just don't learn do you?

Yes Steezy, by actually being informed about these issues I'm doing something to change our justice system. By extinguishing ignorance in regards to these matters I'm doing something.

I used to be pretty jaded when it came to politics in this nation but with this coming election, Bernie Sanders running. I'm definitely going to look to vote in politicians that seek to change our justice system.

It's every American's responsibility to hold our police accountable for their transgressions. Period. The fact that I have to explain this to you just goes to show how truly naive you really are.

If more people actually opened their eyes, maybe fixing the system wouldn't be such a long, painstaking process. It's people like you that set America back because of ignorance.

dude just avoide the question completely :lol:

I've addressed the question when posed by another poster.

Not going to spin my tires because some have comprehension issues.

Just because there isn't an alternative doesn't mean people have to be fine with a broken justice system and a corrupt/abusive police department.

If they were actually good cops (yes, they exist), RIP.
If they were bad cops I couldn't care less.

What about cops who join the force hoping to do right and show people that not all cops and brutal scumbags/murderers? Inb4 "there aren't any"
It's foolish to condemn all cops like that. Is there a massive problem with the police in the US? Absolutely and people, especially minorities, are right to be wary of the police and assume the worst. But to condemn every single one of them? Nah.

INB4 shut your mouth and let me answer the question for myself. How bout that Belgium?

I've answered this question previously in similar threads and my answer remains the same.

Almost all officers go into the force well-intentioned. They all want to save the world and make a difference. They all want to change perceptions and challenge the stat quo.

Until reality goes upside their head and they have to stick to the script.

They have to join the police lobby and they have to honor the thin blue line. Officers who violate the line are canned, they don't last. Look what happened with Chris Dorner before he lost his mind.

So eventually all cops get formally indoctrinated into the toxic culture of American policing.

American policing, America. Not Belgium. Please refrain from challenging me on topics that pertain to a nation you only have an outsiders perspective on.

If we ever have a thread on pancakes, I'll defer to you. Have a pleasant day.

***** you aint doing **** stop it, you a keyboard activist

Keyboard activist huh? Hm, yeah except for the fact that while I am on a leave from school I actually aspire to become an attorney.

And I've actually done work to better my community.

What have you done? Ever volunteer your time for anything? Anyone?

No? Then don't act like you know me. Thanks.

Last edited:
INB4 shut your mouth and let me answer the question for myself. How bout that Belgium?

I've answered this question previously in similar threads and my answer remains the same.

Almost all officers go into the force well-intentioned. They all want to save the world and make a difference. They all want to change perceptions and challenge the stat quo.

Until reality goes upside their head and they have to stick to the script.

They have to join the police lobby and they have to honor the thin blue line. Officers who violate the line are canned, they don't last. Look what happened with Chris Dorner before he lost his mind.

So eventually all cops get formally indoctrinated into the toxic culture of American policing.

American policing, America. Not Belgium. Please refrain from challenging me on topics that pertain to a nation you only have an outsiders perspective on.

If we ever have a thread on pancakes, I'll defer to you. Have a pleasant day.
I'm not challenging your opinion or flaming you. I'm giving you my perspective and trying to have a debate. I have no intent to flame anyone, I enjoy a good discussion. That's all this is.

No need to get all worked up about it, relax. The inb4 thing was just a jab because I expected such a response. That doesn't mean I'm not letting you explain yourself further lol.

I'm just saying that blanket statements like that are hardly ever true and it's generally a stupid thing to say.

I don't disagree that the police system in the US is essentially a crime syndicate but I also think it's foolish to say that every single cop fits that narrative. I will disagree with a blanket statement in any case, in this case it's police.

I'm not challenging your opinion or flaming you. I'm giving you my perspective and trying to have a debate. I have no intent to flame anyone, I enjoy a good discussion. That's all this is.
No need to get all worked up about it, relax. The inb4 thing was just a jab because I expected such a response. That doesn't mean I'm not letting you explain yourself further lol.
I'm just saying that blanket statements like that are hardly ever true and it's generally a stupid thing to say.
I don't disagree that the police system in the US is essentially a crime syndicate but I also think it's foolish to say that every single cop fits that narrative. I will disagree with a blanket statement in any case, in this case it's police.

I always laugh when dudes are so caught up in their e-fight that can't even tell who's actually siding with them or not, instead go on these condescending tantrums making themselves look like idiots :lol:

And you doing something to change the justice system by being informed?...how Sway? please tell me more about your activity in the progress of this nation...

I didn't get the notion that you were flaming me.

My sentiment however remains. This is something you really don't have any hands-on experience with.

Policing in Belgium is nothing like it is in the US.

I've made no blanket statements whatsoever. Simply the facts.

You can ignore those facts but it is what it is.

As well-intentioned as an officer may be when first entering the force from the academy, he/she is subject to the same policies as everyone else. Is expected to uphold the same codes as everyone else. Those that go against the grain do not last. Period.

This is not me making a blanket statement, it's a fact. You want to go to IA? You want to complain to your superiors that your fellow officers are breaking the law/hurting people? They'll tell you to keep your mouth shut or else.

If you're not familiar with the blue wall of silence don't assume what I'm saying is a blanket statement.

So it's a fact ALL police are bad?....that's a fact as you say and not a blanket statement at all....

Well damb.

I always laugh when dudes are so caught up in their e-fight that can't even tell who's actually siding with them or not, instead go on these condescending tantrums making themselves look like idiots :lol:

And you doing something to change the justice system by being informed?...how Sway? please tell me more about your activity in the progress of this nation...

How Sway? I think I outlined that.

You seem to have trouble understanding and comprehending.

Yes, if more people were informed about these issues we could actually make a difference. I'm but one person, but if others like myself vote in the right people, both on a local and national level, we can make a difference.

Unfortunately for us, a lot of people think and behave like you. So here we are, stagnant.

So it's a fact ALL police are bad?....that's a fact as you say and not a blanket statement at all....

Well damb.

All police are part of a faulty, broken, corrupt, unjust, unconstitutional system and are agents of said system.

All NYPD officers are part of the PBA, a lobby that actively works to keep unjust policies and laws intact. A lobby that actively opposes De Blasio's efforts to change such policies.

all police are bad but he wants to be an attorney, dat logic. :x

Yes because as an attorney I can actually work pro bono. I can actually work for those who have been wronged. I don't have to be a slime-ball attorney.

That's the difference.

You guys really this slow?

Back
Top Bottom