underrated stand up comedians

Katt was right when he was talking about haters :wow:

He is underrated because he should be getting love like Kevin hart is

Also, to dudes that said Lavelle I have to agree dude is outright hilarious. Earthquake was never that nice to me though.

Katt was on the verge of Kevin Hart fame but blew it with all the coke. He can only blame himself.
Pretty much.. I don't think either are funny but Katt was on the verge to blow the hell up but he went loco

So not finding him funny means you're a hater. Let me guess you find all music, all movies, all comedians, to be just awesome. You don't have any dislikes.

I don't think Kevin Hart is all that funny either but he plays the short obnoxious guy better than Kat Williams.
Bruh bruh not even saying all of that. I made my mention for who I thought was underrated and you took the effort to throw dirt on his name. If you don't like dude just keep it moving, that's hater type.

I love comedy. It's the one purely objective art form. There is no "Underratted or Overratted" the only question that matters is "Did the people laugh." We can sit here and say "that dude is whack" but in reality, if he gets in a room, says something, whether you liked what he said or not, and the crowd laughs, then he is rated exactly where he should be. There is no way to analyze if a joke is funny or not besides laughter. Comedy is the purest art form, IMO, no armchair critics, no lengthy discussions, all there is, is "does it make the people laugh"

These two bits explain it perfectly.

There is no "Underratted or Overratted"

These phrases usually come along with a certain level of success/notoriety or lack thereof....same goes for music.

If a artist,comic or band crosses over and blows up...overrated. A person could be a fan/indifferent but once everyone is talking about _____ overrated or they suck...now.

If they aren't well known or the aren't always spoken of in some list...underrated.

There wasn't a strong hate/dislike for Soul plane,paper Soldiers, 40 year virgin Kevin Hart...Same goes for Tracy Morgan show, Friday After next,My Wife & Kids Katt Williams

Last edited:
Have to agree with John Mulaney. And also Bo Burnham. It may not be certain peoples types of comedy, but I find burnham hilariosu. They both have specials on netflix

Seeing Hannibal Burress tommorow. Not sure if underrated, he's been on the come up.

Another one of my favorites is Doug Benson. Is Getting Doug with High video podcast is great. If you haven't seen it check it out on youtube. His last one with Tommy Chong was entertaining. He talks about how he was cell mates with Jordan Belfourt and was the influence behind him writing a book which eventually became the movie Wolf on Wall Street.

Have to agree with John Mulaney. And also Bo Burnham. It may not be certain peoples types of comedy, but I find burnham hilariosu. They both have specials on netflix

Bo Burnhams "what" special on Netflix is phenomenal. Even if you don't find it funny its still worth watching because he is unbelievabley talented. Some of the most creative comedy I've ever seen.

Mulaney is funny but I find it better to listen to him through podcasts and what not. When I watch him on stage he's a little awkward and its like he's talking at you. Whereas the great comedians like Bill Burr and Louis Ck talk to you. You feel involved with what they're saying.

Last edited:
Alonzo Bodden is one of my favorite comedians and I never see him get any love for the most part.

Totally forgot about Doug Benson. Dude is pure comedy.

Has anyone checked out Chris Hardwick's stand up? He's funny to me in everything he does but I'm not sure how well it would translate to stand up.

I wouldn't consider him underrated in the real world, but on NT Colin Quinn doesn't get the attention he deserves.

definitely.

Corey Holcomb is the funniest comedian to me ,can't wait to see him live 

:smh: @ me forgetting Corey. Dude has been laughs since I was a youngin.

Idk if he's considered underrated or not but Patrice O'Neal is my hands down favorite of all time.

Idk if he's considered underrated or not but Patrice O'Neal is my hands down favorite of all time.

He fits.

That's the thing about a lot of these comedians mentioned in here...they could easily get a bigger audience but they won't compromise, "play ball" or just don't want to like Bill Burr.

I missed out on Patrice when he was alive in part because of this...disappointing but I respect it :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom