USC Sanctions Released..Vol. No BCS For Them

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by ddot7

That was way more than a parting sentence.

Step your reading and comprehension level up my man
tired.gif
How are you gonna have a parting "sentence" when you won't shut the $$%% up?  Head in the sand having +%!$#@@%%%*+.

laugh.gif
it's OK ddot.. You're probably too dumb to get in a school that teaches reading comprehension... Maybe Mike will share his Reading Rainbow DVDs...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
it's OK ddot.. You're probably too dumb to get in a school that teaches reading comprehension... Maybe Mike will share his Reading Rainbow DVDs...
1) I've seen your posts.  You should NOT be calling other people dumb.

2) Where'd you go to school?  If you did.

3) You're from Texas, right?

My last comment regarding USC as an institutuion:

It's nothing THAT special (I'm sure it's a good school).  Hell, I know off top that Cal and Stanford (in your own state AND conference) are much harder to get into than SC and are much more prestigious universities when it comes to academics.

That's why I find it so funny that you came off bragging as a successful alum "living far more than comfortable," and the "you couldn't get into SC" comments just look so childish.

And you have the nerve to talk about an "inferiority complex"?

2m7zs7q.jpg

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

It's nothing THAT special (I'm sure it's a good school).  Hell, I know off top that Cal and Stanford (in your own state AND conference) are much harder to get into the SC and are much more prestigious universities when it comes to academics.

That's why I find it so funny that you came off bragging as a successful alum "living far more than comfortable," and the "you couldn't get into SC" comments just look so childish.

2m7zs7q.jpg
Don't forget UCLA, it's right behind Cal in rankings and just as hard to get into
pimp.gif

There are dudes all throughout this thread coming in w/laughs and hateful comments, yet you keep coming at me because I'm a "Michigan fan." Why?
To be honest, it's because you post often and you should know better.  Who cares about the trolls that just post their comments with a lack of insight.  You're a regular, which puts you above the crowd.

I don't know why the @*#$ you are "
laugh.gif
roll.gif
" at the thought of Michigan getting some top-end Cali recruits.  We have done so on a consistent basis for as long as I can remember (even when you were "on top").
eyes.gif
Michigan hasn't been getting the elite recruits in Cali for awhile.  They get Cali recruits, like Texas and Florida, there are plenty to go around.  However, don't make it seem as if kids were or will pick Michigan over USC.  Maybe if Michigan was in a better position, even without sanctions Michigan has been under turmoil ever since Rich Rod got hired.  They are not in a position to scoop up elite Cali recruits.

Name a top California recruit that USC really wanted that ended up going to Michigan.  Last one I could think of was Justin Fargas, and that was when we sucked.  Compare that to when we went into Michigan and got RoJo and Nick Perry.

And don't act like Michigan (and/or EVERY major program) operates EXACTLY like SC does.  Hell, just look at the Demar Dorsey situation.  You're trying to tell me USC admissions would have denied him even though he qualified?! @*#$ OUTTA HERE.
You're a fool if you don't think so
laugh.gif

Demar Dorsey wasn't going to get into any major school.  It's not because of admission standards, it's because he can't get past the NCAA clearinghouse.

Just an FYI, admission standards are tougher at USC than they are at Michigan.

Talking about wining National Titles as early as 2015.
roll.gif
(and you claim you're just being "optimistic") NOT in "denial." OK.
wink.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Who said that?

Go back and read what I wrote.

To clear it up for you.  Most of the knowledgeable posters said this is going to affect us like it did Bama and Miami.  I simply said, if we are anything like Miami the timetable would put us as winning a title in 2015.  I didn't say it would happen, simply that I would love it to happen....who wouldn't?

And FWIW, I was only 8-9 when C-Wood was a JR @ UofM and have NEVER heard about him getting payed thousands of dollars from Michigan...can I get some form of link to this story?
nerd.gif

It's not an excuse, you're a knowledgeable dude, you should know your school's athletic history.

It's nothing THAT special (I'm sure it's a good school).  Hell, I know off top that Cal and Stanford (in your own state AND conference) are much harder to get into the SC and are much more prestigious universities when it comes to academics.
laugh.gif

You sound foolish, yes, California has more prestigious Universities than any other state.  By the way, you guys forgot about CalTech.  It's something the Pac 10 is proud of.

Stanford is basically an Ivy League school and Cal Tech is the west coast version of MIT (They actually have a techy type rivalry).  Doesn't change the fact that Stanford, Cal, UCLA, CalTech (Good Luck!), UCSD, USC are hard to get into.

Just to give you a source, the schools I mentioned are ranked as follows, since I use facts, not opinions out of my $%%.

4. Cal Tech
4. Stanford
21. Cal
24. UCLA
26. USC
27 Michigan

As far as "THAT"special, well, USC and Notre Dame are often mentioned as the two best networking Universities in America...and it's not even close.

Keep trying tho'

petey saw the writing on the wall... knew it'd be bad when he bolted, didn't think it'd be 2 years

is there some type of discussion about usc academics in this? doesn't matter sports-wise, but i know lots smart people who went to ucla, and none who went to usc

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

petey saw the writing on the wall... knew it'd be bad when he bolted, didn't think it'd be 2 years

is there some type of discussion about usc academics in this? doesn't matter sports-wise, but i know lots smart people who went to ucla, and none who went to usc

Well, with this statement and poor sentence structure, you just proved that not everybody from Cal is smart.

That is if.....you went to Cal.

This is extremely flawed logic.

I know plenty of idiots who went to UCLA, and some of the smartest people I know went to SC. I could probably switch that around and it'd be true.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Well, with this statement and poor sentence structure, you just proved that not everybody from Cal is smart.

That is if.....you went to Cal.
How about that incorrect use of ellipsis? It's done "...", with a space between the last period and next word, not with your unfortunate usage.

Jokes, jokes lol

There are dudes all throughout this thread coming in w/laughs and hateful comments, yet you keep coming at me because I'm a "Michigan fan." Why?
Tobe honest, it's because you post often and you should know better.  Whocares about the trolls that just post their comments with a lack ofinsight.  You're a regular, which puts you above the crowd.
Fair enough, I guess.

I don't know why the @*#$ you are "
laugh.gif
roll.gif
" at the thought of Michigan getting some top-end Cali recruits.  We have done so on a consistent basis for as long as I can remember (even when you were "on top").
eyes.gif
Michiganhasn't been getting the elite recruits in Cali for awhile.  They getCali recruits, like Texas and Florida, there are plenty to go around. However, don't make it seem as if kids were or will pick Michigan overUSC.  Maybe if Michigan was in a better position, even withoutsanctions Michigan has been under turmoil ever since Rich Rod gothired.  They are not in a position to scoop up elite Cali recruits.

Namea top California recruit that USC really wanted that ended up going toMichigan.  Last one I could think of was Justin Fargas, and that waswhen we sucked.  Compare that to when we went into Michigan and gotRoJo and Nick Perry.
JustinFargas, really?  You should know we've gotten a decent amount of kidswith SC offers since Fargas.  And SC doesn't necessarily have to offerfor the kid to be a top-end recruit from Cali (Leon Hall for example).

And don't act like Michigan (and/or EVERY major program) operates EXACTLY like SC does.  Hell, just look at the Demar Dorsey situation.  You're trying to tell me USC admissions would have denied him even though he qualified?! @*#$ OUTTA HERE.
You're a fool if you don't think so
laugh.gif

DemarDorsey wasn't going to get into any major school.  It's not because ofadmission standards, it's because he can't get past the NCAAclearinghouse.

Just an FYI, admission standards are tougher at USC than they are at Michigan.
Sowhy is DD reopening his recruitment with "major schools"?  And where isyour proof that admission standards are tougher at USC than UofMregarding football players?
nerd.gif

roll.gif
wink.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Toclear it up for you.  Most of the knowledgeable posters said this isgoing to affect us like it did Bama and Miami.  I simply said, if weare anything like Miami the timetable would put us as winning a titlein 2015.  I didn't say it would happen, simply that I would love it tohappen....who wouldn't?
I'msorry but there is a fine line between being in denial and beingoptimistic.  Even mentioning the possibility of SC winning a MNC by2015 is FOOLISH AS @%!%.  No other way about it.  You honestly thinkit's a legitimate possibility, especially with Texas and OU looking to join theconference by then?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

And FWIW, I was only 8-9 when C-Wood was a JR @ UofM and have NEVER heard about him getting payed thousands of dollars from Michigan...can I get some form of link to this story?
nerd.gif

It's not an excuse, you're a knowledgeable dude, you should know your school's athletic history.
I'mnot making excuses.  I've never heard about this.  You are acting likethis is on the level of the Fab-5. I just wanted some evidence/otherknowledgeable posters backing you up. I'm not denying it, I've justhonestly never heard of UofM paying C-Wood thousands of dollars whilehe was here.

And as far as those rankings go, where did you get them?

AllI know is that when I was applying for colleges back in '06, UC Berkleywas ranked #1 and UofM was ranked #2 in the country as far as publicUniversities go.  These rankings must change an awful lot with eachschool year/according to what source you are going off of...*shrugs*

haha no need to get in a pissing contest over some friendly pot shots

and yeah i went to cal. at least my uncapitalized, poorly constructed, syntactically flawed prose was good enough for acceptance to usc law school. boalt wanted better

did USC undergrad get harder to get into recently? Its a good school, but when I applied in 06 they said that a high GPA to get in was ~3.5. thats not really competitive at all. Everyone who applied at my high school got in. I know USC is the @#$% for graduate schools though
pimp.gif

Was that shot even called for dirk?

And what top recruits have Michigan been stealing from socal?

JustinFargas, really?  You should know we've gotten a decent amount of kidswith SC offers since Fargas.  And SC doesn't necessarily have to offerfor the kid to be a top-end recruit from Cali (Leon Hall for example).
I'm not saying Michigan doesn't get California recruits.  I said they haven't got recruits over SC/UCLA/Cal ore even Oregon/ASU for quite some time.  Cali is a big state with a lot of talent, not everyone stays in-state or within the Pac 10.  Saying Michigan will come in and start getting top recruits is
laugh.gif
, since Michigan isn't even a top program at the moment with all the turmoil surrounding it.

Sowhy is DD reopening his recruitment with "major schools"?  And where isyour proof that admission standards are tougher at USC than UofMregarding football players?
nerd.gif

It doesn't mean he will pass the NCAA clearinghouse.

You think we wouldn't like Vontaze Burfict roaming as a LB, but there was no way he was going to get in to USC?  It took him awhile to get cleared and when he finally did he ended up at a school with relaxed admissions, Arizona State.

You said that USC is easier to get into as an athlete without any facts or basis and you want me to provide the proof
laugh.gif

You can't throw out baseless facts and expect others to do the legwork for you when they call you out on it.

roll.gif
wink.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Toclear it up for you.  Most of the knowledgeable posters said this isgoing to affect us like it did Bama and Miami.  I simply said, if weare anything like Miami the timetable would put us as winning a titlein 2015.  I didn't say it would happen, simply that I would love it tohappen....who wouldn't?
I'msorry but there is a fine line between being in denial and beingoptimistic.  Even mentioning the possibility of SC winning a MNC by2015 is FOOLISH AS @%!%.  No other way about it.  You honestly thinkit's a legitimate possibility, especially with Texas and OU looking to join theconference by then?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Again, who said it's a possibility?

I said I would love that scenario, not that it's a possibility...
smh.gif

nerd.gif

I'mnot making excuses.  I've never heard about this.  You are acting likethis is on the level of the Fab-5. I just wanted some evidence/otherknowledgeable posters backing you up. I'm not denying it, I've justhonestly never heard of UofM paying C-Wood thousands of dollars whilehe was here.
U of M wasn't paying Woodson, just like USC never paid Reggie Bush.  Woodson came under the microscope in 2001 for receiving money from boosters during the 1997 season, it never panned out, the NCAA didn't investigate.

And as far as those rankings go, where did you get them?

AllI know is that when I was applying for colleges back in '06, UC Berkleywas ranked #1 and UofM was ranked #2 in the country as far as publicUniversities go.  These rankings must change an awful lot with eachschool year/according to what source you are going off of...*shrugs*
That is probably why you didn't see USC and thought it was an easy school to get into. 
laugh.gif

I used US News ranking of the top colleges of 2010, the most recent rankings.  Couldn't get the Princeton Review rankings.

haha no need to get in a pissing contest over some friendly pot shots

and yeah i went to cal. at least my uncapitalized, poorly constructed, syntactically flawed prose was good enough for acceptance to usc law school. boalt wanted better
Congratulations on your Law School acceptance

PMAC already pointed out your flawed logic.

Mine was just a pot shot, since I don't believe grammar on a message board is a measure of one's intelligence.

BTW my cousin is getting her Masters up in Berkeley.  Socially she's a dunce (save the woman jokes), but she is very book/classroom smart.

How about that incorrect use of ellipsis? It's done "...", with a space between the last period and next word, not with your unfortunate usage.
FlasEightZero is a big boy, he can defend himself. 

Ol' Captain Save a Ho
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Alright, enough of this long back and forth.
laugh.gif

No, Rich Rod hasn't gotten any elite Cali kids since he's been here (although he was DAMN close with Sean Parker - USAA/SC offer, ended up choosing U-Dub for some reason).  Also somehow got into Dillon Baxter's top 2-3 and got him to come out to AA and take an OV.

But Lloyd Carr basically pulled at least one elite Cali kid almost every year he was here.  Off the top, Donovan Warren (bounced early as an UDFA
smh.gif
) and Jonas Mouton (bust so far, but looks to start this year and hopefully makes something of himself his Sr. year) were both 5 star recruits who had SC offers.  Also, Jonny Sears had an SC offer (kicked off team). Leon Hall, Matt Guttierez, etc - I don't feel like looking +%%# up...

Simply "
laugh.gif
" at the possibility of UofM getting some upper tier Cali kids is just ignorant...

That is probably why you didn't see USC and thought it was an easy school to get into. 
laugh.gif

Never thought/or said USC was easy to get into.  Just thought FB's arrogance and boasting about being an SC alum was funny/somewhat pathetic to say the least...

It's nothing THAT special (I'm sure it's a good school).  Hell, I know off top that Cal and Stanford (in your own state AND conference) are much harder to get into than SC and are much more prestigious universities when it comes to academics.

USC, Cal, and UCLA all have near identical admission profiles.

US News Rankings:

#21 - Cal

#24 (Tied) - UCLA

#26 - USC

Acceptance rates

Cal:  21.6%

UCLA: 22.8%

USC: 21.9%

Stanford is no doubt a notch above the 3 schools.  Berkeley is more historically prestigious than SC but they are almost equally hard to get into.  

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

did USC undergrad get harder to get into recently? Its a good school, but when I applied in 06 they said that a high GPA to get in was ~3.5. thats not really competitive at all. Everyone who applied at my high school got in. I know USC is the @#$% for graduate schools though
pimp.gif

http://colleges.usnews.ra...s/lowest-acceptance-rate

It's only .3% behind Berkeley, and rejected a higher percentage than UCLA.

Acceptance rates

You also have to look at how many kids are actually applying to each school though...if that is relatively even as well, then you have a point...

And I don't see how these "school rankings" can change so much from yearto year, but SC looks to be on the come up.  Props (not beingsarcastic).

Acceptance rates

You also have to look at how many kids are actually applying to each school though...if that is relatively even as well, then you have a point...

And I don't see how these "school rankings" can change so much from yearto year, but SC looks to be on the come up.  Props (not beingsarcastic).

The # of kids applying has no factor, it's a percentage.  By that logic, schools like Harvard/Princeton's acceptance rates don't hold up.
Also, Cal and UCLA are always going to get more applications because they are state schools, much larger in size, and are a part of the UC system.  UC's use 1 application for all schools (i.e. you fill out 1 application and check off the schools you want to apply to) so lot of kids apply to Cal and UCLA even without the proper grades.  If anything, you could argue that Cal and UCLA's acceptance rates are inflated for that reason.

USC has been coming up since late 90's/early 00's.  They've been in the top 30 for a while now.

college admissions and "how hard it is to get into" is really subjective. USC is a damn good school, but so is UCLA, Cal, Stanford, and UCSD (I had to rep the school I'm graduating from tomorrow). There's definitely luck involved when it comes to admissions for all schools, you raise your chances if you have better grades, but there's a factor of luck. Just because you go to Stanford doesn't mean you're smarter than the USC guy, etc.

Back
Top Bottom